Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The use of periods in "T.V." is triggering me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kurtofan posted:

so what's the story here

he's sixteen

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

it turns out that free speech, by which i mean, the rich have the right to own all the mass media, it turns out that free speech, is bad

I think free speech is good BUT only when people actually know what free speech means(aka "the government can't arrest you for things you say", not "i can say whatever i want to anyone at all times")

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what are the chances someone on TV said he is watching too much TV minutes before he tweeted that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

but what is the cheese? I cant figure out the cheese

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Citizen Tayne posted:

I you can sit here during a sudden surge in white nationalism and a massive popular push to return to nineteenth century politics and still say "dems gonna swing the House in 2018" you're more, uh, 'optimistic' than I am I guess

Dems will probably capture the house, but that's a pyrrhic victory at best. Dems have to have a raving lunatic absolutely break the country to notch a win outside of blue strongholds, while republicans regularly swing back into power on the "whelp 8 years of one team, I'm bored lets try the other team" mentality. At the end of the day giving each state 2 senators was a loving terrible idea when you look at a US map. Politics going to national narratives over local connections and politics has murdered the dems ability to function in predominantly rural states. The whole structure of giving rural areas disproportionate representation is driving it all and short of a constitutional re-write we're going to see a continuation of this into the foreseeable future.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I think I've reached the fatigue stage. Sure, things are fine.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

In 2020 Trump will be running for re-election against Hillary Clinton.

She won't be running though.

And it will work.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

lol the "entire state" didn't flip red nor was it ever deep blue you jag it narrowly went red in a presidential election

In an election where the deciding votes could fit in Beaver Stadium that's as good as flipping. Also go talk to people in Northumberland County.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

god bless u

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

nachos posted:

isn't capitalization like "HealthCare" a sign of insanity or something

pascal casing is completely valid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is the lie you tell to the people at work because you don't want to come off as the loser who watches too much TV.

Like I'm fairly certain I've told this exact lie before. I'm the president.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

At the W.H. can't watch T.V.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nachos posted:

isn't capitalization like "HealthCare" a sign of insanity or something

he also capitalized fake media

he wants those trademarks

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Tayne posted:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the great city of Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh, the greatest city in all of PA, Pittsburgh, also known as, the cradle of liberty Jeff Goldblum

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Why did he even bother with politics, he would have made more doing a comedy tour than he'll make doing this

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Hahahahahaha, literally no one believes this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im very smart and important, i have no time for sitting at home masturbating while crying

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so I have literally never heard despacito in my life

how is this possible. I mean I've been in supermarkets

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

ur old now

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

I think free speech is good BUT only when people actually know what free speech means(aka "the government can't arrest you for things you say", not "i can say whatever i want to anyone at all times")

no, actually, letting rich people own all the saying machines and say whatever the gently caress they want, is how we got republicans

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

He also has very little time for golf!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

In an election where the deciding votes could fit in Beaver Stadium that's as good as flipping. Also go talk to people in Northumberland County.

I thought you said the state had been deep blue for decades, i guess that means 4 years ago you loved rural PA and wanted to kiss everyone in it on the lips

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

:thunk:

huh

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

consumed by normies posted:

anyone who posted a cat in this thread will now be receiving my dick pics, congrats

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

what are the chances someone on TV said he is watching too much TV minutes before he tweeted that

someone was probably talking about this
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/884743735468314628

e: oh that was from yesterday, thought it was this morning

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

lord christ do i envy you

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

deathbysnusnu posted:

Dems will probably capture the house, but that's a pyrrhic victory at best.

the best thing for the dems, long term, is to stay a minority party but one that is just enough to be able to put up filibusters and be annoying

"the republicans owned the entire government for four years and all you got were some funny trump tweets these people are loving incompetent donny" is the only way the moderate libs might get a bit of bite

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is trump taking a vacation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

no, actually, letting rich people own all the saying machines and say whatever the gently caress they want, is how we got republicans

that's what i said, free speech isn't "u can say whatever u want" but republicans have convinced their dumbass base that it is

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Baller Ina posted:

seeing pictures of kids on a flat earth story is :chloe:

This article is hilarous

quote:

At the Tuesday night meet-ups, dubbed “Flat Earth or Other Forbidden Topics,” believers invite fellow adherents to open discussions in which the like-minded confirm one another’s hunches and laugh at the folly of those still stuck in the Enlightenment.

“There’s so much evidence once you set aside your preprogrammed learning and begin to look at things objectively with a critical eye,” says Bob Knodel, a Denver resident and featured guest at a recent Tuesday meeting. “You learn soon that what we’re taught is mainly propaganda.”

Knodel worked for 35 years as an engineer

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885133603105116160

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885133603105116160

"tv says i'm watching too much tv"

ed: balls, beaten

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

anyone who posted a cat in this thread will now be receiving my dick pics, congrats

harsh but fair

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yinlock posted:

im very smart and important, i have no time for sitting at home masturbating while crying

i believe u

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

mods

eta: the white house is functioning perfectly lmbo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Others stump even the experts. “How are we Flat Earthers supposed to explain to our friends the solar eclipse in August?” asked one attendee. The room fell silent. “We’ll have to do more research and get back to you on that.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Just lmao that citizen tayne spent basically their entire life trash talking deep red rural PA, but is so contrarian that they went and called PA a deep blue state just to prove how hopeless things are

• Locked thread