Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I've gotta get someone to DVR this for me or something, because this is great. Pretty cool that they're actually letting them do it. Think it's some sort of attempt at Seeso brand awareness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They usually put the episode up free to stream on Comedy Central's site the day after the episode airs.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Travis' headshot is very funny to me.

Also when Justin mentioned witnessing their Dad putting butter on a Pop-Tart, I thought about how that is my Dad's preferred way to eat one, and wondered if "Butter on Pop-Tart" is just some kind of Universal Dad Constant. (Also my Dad weighs a full 40 pounds less than me, and I regret every day that he decided to share that decadent magic.)

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 12, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

JethroMcB posted:

Travis' headshot is very funny to me.

@midnight, featuring everyone's favorite McElroy Brothers - early thirties Justin, early twenties Travis, and Griffin

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Do you think this @midnight appearance will be the catalyst to the boys being in Trolls 2?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

Do you think this @midnight appearance will be the catalyst to the boys being in Trolls 2?

But they're already in Trolls 2.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Who What Now posted:

But they're already in Trolls 2.

I mean, I know they are in Trolls 2, but we still don't know how they got there.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SpacePig posted:

I mean, I know they are in Trolls 2, but we still don't know how they got there.

Future-docs are not popular yet but the boys have pioneered this new and classic media your grandpa can't shut up about.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

They usually put the episode up free to stream on Comedy Central's site the day after the episode airs.

It's also on hulu, if you have that.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
So they're taping it July 24....does anyone know how long after taping that show airs?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ariong posted:

It's also on hulu, if you have that.

Incorrect, as of February Viacom has pulled all Comedy Central content from Hulu. As far as I know, there are no plans to put it back on there.

Colonel Whitey posted:

So they're taping it July 24....does anyone know how long after taping that show airs?

I think it's same day so they can keep the content fresh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, same day.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
@midnight is solid, I can see why people were pushing them for it. Yea it's same day because the whole point is talking about internet trends and all. Chris Hardwick is an equally soft boy so it should be fun.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Didn't Griffin yell at Chris hardwick on a podcast recently

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Whitey posted:

You're thinking of Joel McHale.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Colonel Whitey posted:

This was Pat Gill.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally, for the first time, in the history of everything, these three brothers will be on tv together, for the first time, ever.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ok my brain is just of jumble of mcelroy adjacent poo poo now because I'm thinking of an episode of Please Retweet which is not a podcast and does not involve Griffin

Edit: my googling this led me to discover an old episode of indoor kids with Griffin on it, so my busted brain-ness paid off handsomely

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 12, 2017

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
What if they bring the Good Toad amiibo onto the show and nintendo retweets it

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Snooze Cruise posted:

Finally, for the first time, in the history of everything, these three brothers will be on tv together, for the first time, ever.

Well, I watched the MBMBAM show on my tv. Doesn't that count?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I do not really like Chris Hardwick at all but with the right guests @ midnight can be very decent. I have faith in the boys.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
ok I am sufficiently far down the rabbit hole that I am re-listening to the last two Lunar Interlude episodes, and I have a prediction. Barry is definitely planning to take the Starblaster and leave this reality to its fate, right? In that scenario, even if only one person makes it out of reality alive, the seven of them all live, including Lup - but if they follow Lucretia's plan, which we heard in the last episode, they'll be trapped in this reality forever, and Lup can never come back to life.

That's why Barry and Lucretia have been spending all this time warning the guys not to trust each other. Each of them knows that TBH will be the swing vote between staying and fighting, or running and surviving. Those have to be the "two terrible options" from the prophecy. And that's why Griffin needed to do this arc, in order to make Lup and Barry 'real' and turn it into an actual choice that they would struggle with.

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 13, 2017

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The prophecy showed two results from their choices, either they run and the hunger consumes everything or they put up the shield and everything turns to ash because the planes cannot exist without one another. So we know their argument is invalid because there will be a deus ex machina solution that is presented to the THB where not everybody is obliterated. The prophecy told us as much.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The prophecy showed two results from their choices, either they run and the hunger consumes everything or they put up the shield and everything turns to ash because the planes cannot exist without one another. So we know their argument is invalid because there will be a deus ex machina solution that is presented to the THB where not everybody is obliterated. The prophecy told us as much.

I'm not sure that those endings were meant to imply that the result of either one was going to be immediate ultimate destruction. Now that we know why they stayed in this reality in the first place, we know there's no real reason they couldn't just keep running.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The hunger gets stronger every cycle, presumably if they keep running it will get powerful enough to stop them. Especially if they consume a planar system as lively, vibrant, and rich as the one they're on. The hunger is absorbing gods, wizards and sorcerers, that soul crystal they nabbed from the other cycle, all the dead souls in the astral plane.

I think their time of running is gone at this point.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

It's also presumably kept on consuming other places during the what, ten years? That they've been on this plane.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

The hunger gets stronger every cycle, presumably if they keep running it will get powerful enough to stop them. Especially if they consume a planar system as lively, vibrant, and rich as the one they're on. The hunger is absorbing gods, wizards and sorcerers, that soul crystal they nabbed from the other cycle, all the dead souls in the astral plane.

I think their time of running is gone at this point.

That's a fair bet, but here's another factor that we know for sure: they are a lot more attatched to this plane than the last hundred. After spending a decade in this world, how bad will the thought of leaving it behind and jumping back into the loop sound? Even Taako, who hasn't put down any roots, probably wouldn't be too keen on it. Magnus and Merle sure as hell aren't turning away from what they have here.

Organza Quiz posted:

It's also presumably kept on consuming other places during the what, ten years? That they've been on this plane.

Nope, it can't do that without the light of creation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Judge Schnoopy posted:

No poo poo, the fun part is trying to figure out what that third option is.

My guess: they're going to beat the hunger in a sports game. With the great coach Magnus on their side there's no way they can lose.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Merle is gonna make out with the hunger and win through the power of love

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There must be something with John, or a way to break the hivemind. That's what The Hunger is, right? This is a weird sidebar, but I think it'll be like The Mountain in Adventure Time, where a 'godhead' is broken back down to its constituent beings. I'm probably way off and it's something much more clever though.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The umbrella is going to eat The Hunger in Griffin's dark twisted vore fantasy.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
It will be a combo of all three special cycles for the THB that defeats John. Merle pulls him into the special room, Magnus makes John forget poo poo using Fisher, and Taako eats the poo poo out of him with the umbrastaff. While inventing a taco.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Judge Schnoopy posted:

It will be a combo of all three special cycles for the THB that defeats John. Merle pulls him into the special room, Magnus makes John forget poo poo using Fisher, and Taako eats the poo poo out of him with the umbrastaff. While inventing a taco.

Taako eats the poo poo out of him with the Glutton's Fork.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poque posted:

Taako eats the poo poo out of him with the Glutton's Fork.

It was all an elaborate vore roleplay the entire time!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

It was all an elaborate vore roleplay the entire time!

The main threat in this world is called The Hunger and it literally eats entire planes of existence. I don't think this revelation is as shocking as you think it is.

Damnit I'm so excited for today! Can you believe there's a chance that Griffin and THB could be rolling for initiative and casting D&D spells again today for the first time in like 3 months??

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I hope the Flaming Poisoning Raging Sword of Doom makes an appearance in this final stretch, and somehow upsets some delicate balance that Griffin has tried to create.

timp posted:

Damnit I'm so excited for today! Can you believe there's a chance that Griffin and THB could be rolling for initiative and casting D&D spells again today for the first time in like 3 months??

I can't wait to hear Clint roll really poorly on a spell again. It's been so long.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

timp posted:

The main threat in this world is called The Hunger and it literally eats entire planes of existence. I don't think this revelation is as shocking as you think it is.

There's a difference between being consumed by a giant sentient cloud of darkness and being consumed by a gay elf, a difference only a true aficionado like Griffin could properly articulate in DnD podcast form.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SpacePig posted:

I can't wait to hear Clint roll really poorly on a spell again. It's been so long.

Especially if before that, he either takes 5 minutes to figure out how it actually works, or takes 5 minutes gloating that he already knows how it works.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
IT'S UP, nerds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

drat, TAZ and TMBWBIT2 part 3 at the same time