Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm sure you posted it before, but could you post it again? I wanna give it a shot.

Here ya go

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cad Bane (2)
R4-E1 (1)
Cluster Mines (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Let me know if you can think of any improvements.

Raged fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
How's Autoblaster working on Nym? Are you able to consistently get enemies within range of both the bomblet and turret?

I'm planning on running basically the same list at store champs this weekend but can't decide between Autoblaster or Ion for more range flexibility and control.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Zigmoose posted:

How's Autoblaster working on Nym? Are you able to consistently get enemies within range of both the bomblet and turret?

I'm planning on running basically the same list at store champs this weekend but can't decide between Autoblaster or Ion for more range flexibility and control.

I have barley used auto blaster turret. Mainly because I haven't faced many high agi ships with it. With adv sensors I'm able to avoid the bump drop the bomb and get a 4 dice primary off against large ships. I'm going to keep it for when I do come across something like whisper/defenders/awings.

Had a turn go like this.

Turn before the scout was a hair from being bumped by Ketsu.

Scout hard 2 to left and dropped clusters. All 3 went off for 4 damage.
Nym uses genius for bomb uses cad bane for reroll hit/crit
Nym pushes 2 more in with primary
N'Dru got a 4 die cruise off and with reroll/chips/focus got 4 hits.

I have never seen a lancer go down so quick

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
That's cool. I would have expected to rarely use the primary gun since the window to get them in front of you and in bomb range is so small. I can definitely see Autoblaster being fun as 4 unavoidable dice will just eat any aces that end out of position.

Really looking forward to trying this out for real on Thursday

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah this wave is going to be pretty fun. Cheap aggressors with both cruise and prockets could be a fun thing. Also the Wookiee ship with Biggs,BTL Y-Wing and Rex could bring stupidly powerful control list.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Just bought into Epic Scale Wangs - Amazon prime day is having a few deals and the Imperial Assault Cruiser is a lightning deal http://amzn.to/2t0cSgM Later in the day there's a B-Wing and TIE Bomber (Also a few Armada deals too).

Glad my kids are both into this game.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

I'd like to play some games on Vassal sometime, but something about using it just seems really daunting to me and I'm not sure why.

Give me a shout I'll be happy to give you an intro game if I'm online. Same username.

The movement shortcuts are a bit of a difficulty curve but otherwise Vassall has come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months. It's SUPER straightforward these days.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Imperial Assault Carriers are $45 on Prime Day for the next couple hours. Not LITERALLY FREE like the bugged deals earlier, but oh well.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Also on prime - $8.21 TIE Bomber right now http://amzn.to/2v8Yuzp
B-Wing deal will probably be similar and starts in just under an hour.

I saw a bunch of people getting free stuff, shame I wasn't paying attention.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Edit: beaten like a triple interceptor list

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 11, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Jxforema posted:

Edit: beaten like a triple interceptor list

Hey!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
drat, missed most of the deals. Oh well.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Can't make it to a store champs this Sunday so I got the Gozanti deal to make myself feel better.

Positive side too is that my FLGS is also establishing a weekly league for games so that people don't have to keep posting for meet ups. It's really getting popular after nearly dumping its stock about a year and a half ago.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Shops around here are saying there are pretty much sold out of aggressors already via pre orders. Lots of people buying 4. FML

Just lost with my Nym/scout/N'Dru list but got a 5 die missile off, but I just got outflown. Might not start with N'Dru so far away from everyone against certain lists. Honestly I might drop Auto Blaster since it isn't working. Anyone I want to hit with an autoblaster is usually flying at PS 9/10 and can easily stay out of range of it. If I drop down to Kaaato Leeachos and drop scavenger crane I can put a tlt on Nym which would be more effective against arc dodgers when combined with bombs. Maybe Ion turret (yes I know it's garbage)

original list

Edit: Possible changes drop mindlink and scavenger crane. Add VI for N'Dru and Nym for better positioning and PTL for the scout for hot, hot barrel roll/cluster action or any other combo. High PS aces are still en vogue here so it's not completely stupid.

Captain Nym (Scum)PS 10 (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout PS 3 (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cad Bane (2)
R4-E1 (1)
Cluster Mines (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak PS 9(17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Have you tried running N'Dru behind your other guys instead of out to the side?

She dies really easily and will get popped if she cant get backup. But if you screen for her with the others, she will tend to pick off someone after the joust nearly every time.

I like to start most of my list in a corner, with N'Dru in the middle facing them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

She dies really easily and will get popped if she cant get backup. But if you screen for her with the others, she will tend to pick off someone after the joust nearly every time.

I like to start most of my list in a corner, with N'Dru in the middle facing them.

Yeah I am going to give that a shot tomorrow. Trying to set him up to use his ability just makes it hard to focus fire.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Yeah I am going to give that a shot tomorrow. Trying to set him up to use his ability just makes it hard to focus fire.

I found that with N'Dru, you need him to be a sniper, not a front-line fighter, and you should think of his ability as "nice to have" not "mandatory."

Bringing him into the first big fight just gets him killed before he shoots. VI helps, but you lose a lot of the strength you otherwise get with mindlink.

Of course, this means your other ships have to be able to do enough work (and not simply die) when down ~25 points in the engagement.

If you drop Mindlink, I think you should also drop N'Dru. Do you have a C-Roc (or willingness to proxy)? If so, try using the perma-cloak trick on a quadjumper with a bomb, spacetug, scavenger crane, and either pattern analyzer or primed thrusters.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just had a deep thought in the shower.

I think I know something that will make everyone happy when it comes to jumpmasters. Well mostly happy

Make the Contracted Scout unique.

I love my jumpmasters, but I am pretty sure FFG is gonna do something far worse.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Latest rumor I've heard is tying the astromech slot to the punishing one title and changing mindlink to only working with two ships.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Just had a deep thought in the shower.

I think I know something that will make everyone happy when it comes to jumpmasters. Well mostly happy

Make the Contracted Scout unique

I think it's hilarious how perceptions changed over time since the jumpmaster release. First it was triple scouts that were OP. No, it was Deadeye and R4 agromech. Then we get the biggest FAQ ever, and they're mostly OK again but now it's Dengaroo. Also, seriously, gently caress Defenders, Zuckuss, and Palpatine. I hate those sooooooooo much. Then they get nerfed and you know what, oh my god, this mindlink thing is bonkers good. Oh god what is happening? Now there's this Fenn Rau guy? gently caress him, too. gently caress it all. I hate this game oh my god FFG never playtests anything raaaaaage.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

Latest rumor I've heard is tying the astromech slot to the punishing one title and changing mindlink to only working with two ships.

The first means only Dengar sees the table. The second means mindlink is never seen at all.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

The first means only Dengar sees the table. The second means mindlink is never seen at all.

Yeah if they gently caress with mindlink I am gonna be pissed. I think jumpmasters are fine, but I think FFG is going to bow to pressure and go overboard.

My predictions though are mindlink only being usable to range 3 and something done to jumps to make Dengar the only one that used and barley at that.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Yeah if they gently caress with mindlink I am gonna be pissed. I think jumpmasters are fine, but I think FFG is going to bow to pressure and go overboard.

My predictions though are mindlink only being usable to range 3 and something done to jumps to make Dengar the only one that used and barley at that.

I'm okay with range 3 restriction on mindlink, but anything that reduces variety in pilots and such is so dumb.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Because of my deep and abiding affection for the faction, I hope they treat re-balancing their garbage with the same care towards keeping things playable as the Palp Nerf. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
TIE Striker: •"Pure Sabacc" (26)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)
Snap shot (2)

TIE Interceptor: Royal Guard Pilot (26)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Adaptability (+1) (0)

TIE Interceptor: Royal Guard Pilot (26)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)
Adaptability (+1) (0)

TIE Striker: •"Countdown" (22)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Total: 100/100

I call them "stabby squadron".

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Just make Mindlink small ships only, like Deadeye. Problem solved.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

IronSaber posted:

That's extra funny because mindlink only comes in a large ship expansion.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

IronSaber posted:

I will cut you.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

That's extra funny because mindlink only comes in a large ship expansion.

Well it's not like FF has made expansions with cards that can go on other ships. :v:

Raged posted:

I will cut you.

:chef:

Seriously though, Attani Mindlink is pretty broken and needs to be dialed back.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

IronSaber posted:

Well it's not like FF has made expansions with cards that can go on other ships. :v:

To my knowledge though, I don't think they've ever released an expansion that includes upgrades that you cannot legally equip on a ship from that pack. Crew cards only come in things with crew slots, Integrated Astromech only comes in expansions that include an X-Wing, etc.
The only place that gets fuzzy is the Most Wanted expansion, but that is moving the goal posts a little because it doesn't include the models for two of the ships (HWK and Firespray)

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Are there any good alternate art cards for Whisper, Echo and Rear Admiral Chiraneau? If not, what's the best way to get custom pilot cards printed?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
My Imperial Assault Carrier already came today, and would you know it, the radar dish is rattling around loose inside the box. Lol.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has anyone tried Brobots with Mindlink?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tacopocalypse posted:

My Imperial Assault Carrier already came today, and would you know it, the radar dish is rattling around loose inside the box. Lol.

It's detachable. Just snap it back on.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's...ok. Crack shot is better for killing things.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Give me a shout I'll be happy to give you an intro game if I'm online. Same username.

The movement shortcuts are a bit of a difficulty curve but otherwise Vassall has come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months. It's SUPER straightforward these days.

I would love to get a game or two in with you, I'll be in touch and we can figure out a day/time!

Moriatti posted:

Are there any good alternate art cards for Whisper, Echo and Rear Admiral Chiraneau? If not, what's the best way to get custom pilot cards printed?

I only know of one and it's for Whisper:

Also, a cool Delta Squadron Pilot alt art card.

Source is oilerx7 off the Reddit wang sub.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

It's...ok. Crack shot is better for killing things.

I gave it some thought and that was my conclusion too. Oh well.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh I forgot to ask what you thought about the list after playing it.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It seems like a really bad idea to me with how often you end up slooping/K-Turning with Brobots , but I also don't think they've been especially competitive in a year or more - red dice power creep has really hurt them, along with Miranda being next-to-impossible to nail down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Toying around looking for alternatives to N'Dru in the Nym/Scout list:

Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Collision Detector (0)
"Genius" (0)
Havoc (0)

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cad Bane (2)
R4-E1 (1)
Proximity Mines (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Unhinged Astromech (1)
Proximity Mines (3)

Idea is MAXIMUM BOMBS with steady damage but to make it fit I had to downgrade to Proximity Mines and really strip Nym. On the plus side everything is beefy and not too expensive. Thoughts?

• Locked thread