Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Can I be the Lincoln Chaffee of the analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

In terms TFF would understand: what if you had to vote for RG3 or GaussianCupola for mod?

RG3 is clearly Trump

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

They're both Trump.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
e: oops I misremebered

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
TPP would have been good for America as your economy is based around abusing other countries cheap labour for cheap goods and suing those countries when they piss you off.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Can I be the Lincoln Chaffee of the analogy

More like Lincoln...

Covfefe :smug:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

as winner of my fantasy league last year, i named it "bernie would have won" this year, ama

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

They're both Trump.

One is abrasive and convinced of easy success.

The other is a narcissist who desires the internet to accept him and talk about him, while trying to act like he doesn't care. And commits sexual assault on women.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

as winner of my fantasy league last year, i named it "bernie would have won" this year, ama

My fantasy team name is still Cassel Sucks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mine is The Bull Queers. My avatar is Boggs from Shawshank.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Team name ZUBAZ

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

In terms TFF would understand: what if you had to vote for RG3 or GaussianCupola for mod?

Parm was Santorum.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
"I can smell your punt" is still my go to fantasy name.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Flikken posted:

One is abrasive and convinced of easy success.

The other is a narcissist who desires the internet to accept him and talk about him, while trying to act like he doesn't care. And commits sexual assault on women.

If you put it that way, it's a miracle that anyone considers it a tough decision.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

If you put it that way, it's a miracle that anyone considers it a tough decision.

Yes but the first option is a Patriots fan.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pops Mgee posted:

Same. :hfive:

Flikken posted:

Yes but the first option is a Patriots fan.

And a nazi...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Changing from "the Reid option" to this this year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Do any chiefs posters wanna drink beer with me at a preseason game or something

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

swickles posted:

I don't know much about the TPP but I thought both Hilary and Trump were against it, at least in whatever its current form was.

But the fact is she never used the word “hoped.” Instead, she was more declarative, using the phrase “gold standard” when she was Secretary of State.

“This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field,” she said in Australia in 2012. “And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world’s total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment.”

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

The last one, but neither of those is A.) good form or b.) worth your time.

What is your 1RM again? You very likely don't need to worry about accessory deadlifts yet

anyway this i a better video. do them off a low rack so you don't have to waste time lifting it. i also use straps because i do these at tempo - 3 down, 3 hold, up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA

Understood. I really like those 3 because I can feel explicitly the lower Erector Spinae work. It feels so good. I don't know what my 1RM is, I've never tried. Usually finish at 3reps.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

But the fact is she never used the word “hoped.” Instead, she was more declarative, using the phrase “gold standard” when she was Secretary of State.

“This TPP sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field,” she said in Australia in 2012. “And when negotiated, this agreement will cover 40 percent of the world’s total trade and build in strong protections for workers and the environment.”

I am not here to argue about a treaty I know very little about, but lol if you think the TPP was the same in 2012 as it was in 2016.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The TPP, like any international trade agreement, is incredibly complicated and it's impossible to make a statement as general and reductive as "it's bad for Americans." Which parts? Which Americans?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

big money big clit posted:

The TPP, like any international trade agreement, is incredibly complicated and it's impossible to make a statement as general and reductive as "it's bad for Americans." Which parts? Which Americans?

This.

Its also why its an easy political pawn to throw muck with or rest your laurels on.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I've been told I should ditch my clean and presses for straight up military presses

Thoughts?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

I've been told I should ditch my clean and presses for straight up military presses

Thoughts?

Wrong

Clean and press is way more badass

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, god help you if your dog ever gets HGE. We have moved from, "my dog just squatted over and blew out blood from his butt" to "hey that diarrhea looks vaguely food colored!"

you really haven't lived until you've been outside at 3am watching your dog take a dump with your phone's flashlight

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Thoughts?

Wouldn't that be the exact same thing minus the clean?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

you really haven't lived until you've been outside at 3am watching your dog take a dump with your phone's flashlight

At least you were outside?

My cat once had 2 days worth of diarrhea from a super bad reaction to some medication. Not actually all that dangerous supposedly as long as she had access to food and water, but I swear those were the two most disgustingly poo poo-filled days of my life, and it was all in exactly the wrong places.

More importantly it sounds like your guy's gonna be alright, from wiki it sounds like the most dangerous part is if you don't catch it in the first 24 hours?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Understood. I really like those 3 because I can feel explicitly the lower Erector Spinae work. It feels so good. I don't know what my 1RM is, I've never tried. Usually finish at 3reps.

you should be very careful if you feel erectors. I always tell people if they feel those they're probably doing something wrong. you need to be a pretty experienced lifter before you start training your lower back. Like you need to be working at around 40% of your one rep max.

You also need to have a vague idea of your maxes, because that's how you train the lift. It doesn't need to be your one. As a matter of fact, it's not recommended to go for a heavy single until you've found like a heavy 7, heavy 5, heavy 3, etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

At least you were outside?

My cat once had 2 days worth of diarrhea from a super bad reaction to some medication. Not actually all that dangerous supposedly as long as she had access to food and water, but I swear those were the two most disgustingly poo poo-filled days of my life, and it was all in exactly the wrong places.

More importantly it sounds like your guy's gonna be alright, from wiki it sounds like the most dangerous part is if you don't catch it in the first 24 hours?

Yeah dogs can get dehydrated and go into some form of shock with HGE really quickly.

Honestly the worst part of having a dog to me is the guess work around when to go to the vet, but I was so horrified when a fountain of blood came out of his butt. It was pretty obvious we needed to go.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Umm. I'm ready for some footbaw

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Team name ZUBAZ

The Road Warriors owned.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Road Warriors owned.

Word, I have the Road Warriors box set and it rules

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

big money big clit posted:

This is a weak rear end cop out. Essentially all big policy is incredibly complicated. Do you just ignore analysis of any policy? "Policy is complicated welp we can't say for sure policy x is good or bad so I guess the truth was inside us all along" to everything?

TPP is bad, hth

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

you should be very careful if you feel erectors. I always tell people if they feel those they're probably doing something wrong. you need to be a pretty experienced lifter before you start training your lower back. Like you need to be working at around 40% of your one rep max.

You also need to have a vague idea of your maxes, because that's how you train the lift. It doesn't need to be your one. As a matter of fact, it's not recommended to go for a heavy single until you've found like a heavy 7, heavy 5, heavy 3, etc.

That seems appropriate. I usually deadlift 4 reps at around 180, but do erector stuff at 40-50. It was crazy feeling how much of the lift was from the legs and waist relative to isolating my erector

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My wife isolated my erector last night

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

^Goddammit^

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

isolating my erector

otherwise known as high school

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

you should be very careful if you feel erectors.

When you say feel your erectors do you mean during the lift or afterwards? I don't feel them during the lift really but they tend to be sore along with all the other muscle groups the next day.

EDIT: Just checked my form and it turns out I was taught Romanian deadlifts rather than traditional deadlifts. Not sure whether that is better or worse overall.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 12, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
build your muscles boys....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004