Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/TalesOfMrE/status/884468004632842241

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Never forget The Spirit of Marvel

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the official evo schedule is out and its so loving bad

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/885176859616346112

No guilty gear on sunday

Marvel at 7:45am

Smash 4 on sunday

what the gently caress is the point lmao might as well turn it off after tekken

E: KOF FINALS ON FRIDYA gently caress YOUUUUUUUU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dont worry theres always anime side game streams

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No guilty gear on sunday

Smash 4 on sunday

Serious question why do you think the game with the least entrants shouldn't get the worst timeslot, and the game with the 2nd most entrants shouldn't get the 2nd best timeslot?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Serious question why do you think the game with the least entrants shouldn't get the worst timeslot, and the game with the 2nd most entrants shouldn't get the 2nd best timeslot?

idc number of entrants

i care about what game is actually fun to watch

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

idc number of entrants

Turns out a shitload of people think smash is fun to watch

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No guilty gear on sunday

Smash 4 on sunday

What is The Jump Off

I googled it and it's all twerking contests

Is that what they do at EVO now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Turns out a shitload of people think smash is fun to watch

arent you a sf5 liker

also GG has more entrants than blazblue

this schedule sucks rear end

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Injustice doesn't get a Sunday slot :(

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

What is The Jump Off

I googled it and it's all twerking contests

Is that what they do at EVO now

https://twitter.com/Sajam/status/885192324120051712

arent you a sf5 liker

also GG has more entrants than blazblue

this schedule sucks rear end

drat, ya got me :owned:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, BB is on Sunday.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't get it why are you commenting on this now. Other than 8 AM Marvel literally all of this was known and announced months ago.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

AnimEVO also got it's schedule announced.

https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/884952747228897280

Puyo at 3pm eastern Friday and 6pm eastern Saturday. Hell yeah.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I need to watch more competitive PPT, it will probably help with me learning the game

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real talk, this should be the main stream for something as big as EVO. Follow how golf does their broadcasts where you're bouncing from hole to hole and there's not a lot of downtime until it comes to the end. Use your main broadcast stream to focus on all games, while the substreams can focus on specific games.

The name is stupid, but the concept is sound and when it's done right you can have some really compelling tv. I'll be sure to give it a shot and if it's not a trainwreck it'll probably be the primary way I'll watch EVO.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
On one hand it could be cool, on the other hand
https://twitter.com/chrisceg/status/885197004548096000

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A stream that switches between games instead of having to watch people setup and button check and poo poo sounds ok.

I don't really know why you would need an analyst desk for most pool games.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

A stream that switches between games instead of having to watch people setup and button check and poo poo sounds ok.

I don't really know why you would need an analyst desk for most pool games.

A quick game hopping stream could be pretty great for folks like me that aren't super invested in any one particular game during some periods of time. Hopefully it's done well. I wonder who all else will be on commentary? Rynge? Ultradavid? They'd have to be experienced with quite a few games.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

idc number of entrants

If you need help understanding what is going on in a match feel free to hit me up on the discord and I will offer explanations wherever needed. Everything is a lot more fun to watch when you know a little bit of how the game works.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Dj Meow Mix posted:

A quick game hopping stream could be pretty great for folks like me that aren't super invested in any one particular game during some periods of time. Hopefully it's done well. I wonder who all else will be on commentary? Rynge? Ultradavid? They'd have to be experienced with quite a few games.

Skisonic

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Do we have a discord or IRC set for EVO?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The last BlazBlue grand finals was fantastic. I have high hopes for this one. Hopefully Dogura's wife isn't left in tears again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Omnikin posted:

Do we have a discord or IRC set for EVO?

just use the fighting game discord, maybe they set up a separate channel within that for EVO

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

if there was an analyst desk i would buy a ticket now just so i could spit on it

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Countblanc posted:

just use the fighting game discord, maybe they set up a separate channel within that for EVO

Where's a link to the fg discord?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

You don't need an analyst desk as much as you need a host/traffic cop. If anyone's ever seen RedZone there's a host that sets the table and let's you know where they're going/what's happened and tries to keep abreast of all that's going on. If you've got a second person there to do some light analyst/commentary after the fact that's fine, but the host shouldn't be calling the matches but throwing to the feeds that's covering the games at the time.

They could also use a bottom ticker with updates on name players and what they've done or when their matches are coming up. I realize that requires a lot more work and at least one/two more people just for that, but it's one of the next steps in growing the broadcast and making it more professional.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lone Goat posted:

Where's a link to the fg discord?

https://discord.gg/0wBmC7rtxZPBgPkW

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

mycot posted:

I don't get it why are you commenting on this now. Other than 8 AM Marvel literally all of this was known and announced months ago.

This

Also, this show should have been called The Jump In come on guys

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

You don't need an analyst desk as much as you need a host/traffic cop. If anyone's ever seen RedZone there's a host that sets the table and let's you know where they're going/what's happened and tries to keep abreast of all that's going on. If you've got a second person there to do some light analyst/commentary after the fact that's fine, but the host shouldn't be calling the matches but throwing to the feeds that's covering the games at the time.

They could also use a bottom ticker with updates on name players and what they've done or when their matches are coming up. I realize that requires a lot more work and at least one/two more people just for that, but it's one of the next steps in growing the broadcast and making it more professional.

This is my nightmare

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
wtf just watch people play game holy poo poo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eh, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a multi-game stream where they just show whatever the "best" match going on at the time is, at least for pools.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This is my nightmare

your posting is my nightmare

i have a lot of fremdschamen nightmares it's weird that i'm not the naked one at class in them

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

This thread is consistently the most "old man yells at cloud" poo poo on the forums.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sarchasm posted:

This thread is consistently the most "old man yells at cloud" poo poo on the forums.

At least it's funny!

[edit]

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This is my nightmare

I swear every post I see from you in FG threads and the Overwatch Tryhard thread is negative and/or you complaining, lmao.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 13, 2017

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

teagone posted:

At least it's funny!

[edit]

I swear every post I see from you in FG threads and the Overwatch Tryhard thread is negative and/or you complaining, lmao.

I can't remember ever seeing a post from you because you're insanely dull

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ouch, that hurts :(

[edit] I refuse to believe you though, because I've consistently had the worst opinions on fighting games that I realize annoys at least some of the people who post in this thread. For instance, I really enjoy the SFV esports scene and was happy to see ELEAGUE's SFV invitational TV ratings end up being as high as they did. I'm hoping the numbers were enough to get another SFV invitational, or maybe for ELEAGUE to feature another fighting game in a future tournament.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 13, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

teagone posted:

Ouch, that hurts :(

[edit] I refuse to believe you though, because I've consistently had the worst opinions on fighting games that I realize annoys at least some of the people who post in this thread. For instance, I really enjoy the SFV esports scene and was happy to see ELEAGUE's SFV invitational TV ratings end up being as high as they did. I'm hoping the numbers were enough to get another SFV invitational, or maybe for ELEAGUE to feature another fighting game in a future tournament.

you are bad but you don't have a pentagate like forums user Enkmar however

and young volvo is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want to see a penta gate win evo

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

AnonSpore posted:

Also, this show should have been called The Jump In come on guys
That's already used for a podcast by F Word, Logan, Kim1234, and maybe other people too

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This is my nightmare
Did you talk about how much you hate this yet
https://twitter.com/espn/status/885146747852509184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Pretty considerate of EVO to end so early on Sunday, gives everyone a free evening to gamble and money match etc.