Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh man, I just want Mathilda and Sonya. Not that I need another green mage, but she's just cool. And Mathilda can go toward my gimmick team of cool armored cavalry ladies. (Yes every team I make is a gimmick team, so what.)

But at the same time I feel like I should start saving for whatever fall/Halloween banner they have. I'm going to need all the orbs for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Apparently I did the third stage with 5* Sharena, 4* neutral Nino, Jaffar, and Elise. I don't remember exactly how I pulled it off though, except that Elise ended up doing nothing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Cancel Affinity only affects TA and gem weapons, not inherent weapon triangle advantages, right?

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
I was just trying to get a good Nino, and I managed to pull a third(!) Hector. I have a +ATK/-DEF one who's all built up; do I want to replace him with the +ATK/-RES one that I just pulled? (Also, who's a good candidate for Distant Counter? I already gave one of my Hectors to Titania, but now it looks like her Reinhardt-baiting days are over if that Cancel Affinity skill ends up being everywhere in the arena.)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I don't care if I already have five 5* swords, I'm going in for Saber.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Amaryllis posted:

I was just trying to get a good Nino, and I managed to pull a third(!) Hector. I have a +ATK/-DEF one who's all built up; do I want to replace him with the +ATK/-RES one that I just pulled? (Also, who's a good candidate for Distant Counter? I already gave one of my Hectors to Titania, but now it looks like her Reinhardt-baiting days are over if that Cancel Affinity skill ends up being everywhere in the arena.)

Firstly, t:mad:

I personally think -Def is a better bane for Hector than -Res, because 52 HP/34 Def is still an excellent physical bulk, while he needs all the help he can get to take on mages (mostly blue) since his base Res is only 19. In particular -Res means 6 extra damage from Reinhardt and that's not insignificant.

In my opinion +Atk/-Def or +Spd/-Def are Hector's perfect IVs actually

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

If I could trade you my Hector for one of my favourites that I don't already own, I would!

That's kind of my feeling on the -DEF or -RES question, too: my current Hector isn't a massive wall, but not being -RES did let him solo tank an entire GHB map. I'm probably just going to sit on the spare till I pull some other high-RES melee unit who could benefit from that A skill. e: I know I could merge but I'm content to bounce back and forth between tiers 19 and 20 every season, and I actually find Hector to be a bit of a liability in the arena thanks to his lack of mobility (even with Pivot).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I recommend you run the -RES Hector because my Rein can kill it more easily and I will have an easier time

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Please run the -DEF hector so Xander can QR him to death.

But don't give him wings of mercy because nothing makes me cry more than a hector I can't just ignore until he's the last one standing.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

His usefulness in the arena is kind of a moot point because I'm a garbage person who just lazily fields Horse Emblem + bonus unit every season. :v:

(I have a +ATK Reinhardt and I love my axe mom Titania, but I always switch my arena team out for a scrub squad after I get my first defense win because cavalry teams continue to be monstrous.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

UHD posted:

Please run the -DEF hector so Xander can QR him to death.

But don't give him wings of mercy because nothing makes me cry more than a hector I can't just ignore until he's the last one standing.

He's easy to ignore if you just ORKO every other enemy unit

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Amaryllis posted:

His usefulness in the arena is kind of a moot point because I'm a garbage person who just lazily fields Horse Emblem + bonus unit every season. :v:

(I have a +ATK Reinhardt and I love my axe mom Titania, but I always switch my arena team out for a scrub squad after I get my first defense win because cavalry teams continue to be monstrous.)

Same, I lazily horse my way between 19 and 20 which is as high as I really want to go.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Same. My "go" team is a kitted out +ATK Rein with DB3 & Luna, Xander with Bonfire & QR2, Azura w/ WoM, and then a bonus unit. It's me, I'm the stereotype. Typically the only unit losses I suffer are the bonus unit if I can't just stick them in a corner somewhere.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i just had the hard life map with multiple dancers... it's impossible to kill them all in one turn, so it was a guaranteed death on my team's part. dancers are another thing that seriously need to be banned from tempest.

boey wins the grand prize for the most useless unit in the entire game btw. as soon as i get 2000 hero merit on him i'm gonna use send home on his worthless rear end just because it's symbolic

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i just had the hard life map with multiple dancers... it's impossible to kill them all in one turn, so it was a guaranteed death on my team's part. dancers are another thing that seriously need to be banned from tempest.

boey wins the grand prize for the most useless unit in the entire game btw

You have multiple teams, it's barely an issue

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's not the point, losing units because it simply can't be avoided due to rng is stupid and frustrating. good planning should trump anything, but that's simply not always an option in tempest.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh no I got 30 less points from this tempest run, how frustrating

Dancers are on the few things that makes tempest require any thought at all so I don't want them removed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
score has nothing to do with it, it's the principle of getting a raw deal

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Boey is really really bad. I just take him on a suicide squad to start of and see how far they get before bringing in a real team.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I try very hard to hang out in t20 because damnit, I want my 1k feathers. Every like 3 or 4 matches I just want to reevaluate all my life choices, though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What score is generally needed to stay in rank 20? I lucked out made it this week for the first time and I wonder if I should even try to stay there.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Hm, so for Wo Dao and Sonya's new tome, would the +10 damage on proc also be calculated into Glimmer/Astra's multiplier? I want to see if there's any way to make those skills useful.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

What score is generally needed to stay in rank 20? I lucked out made it this week for the first time and I wonder if I should even try to stay there.

I managed to hold on towards the bottom 2 weeks back with a 4870. Last week I didn't have a 5 star bonus unit so I ended up with a 4850ish and dropped

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
are the tiers still expanding? my score is roughly the same as it was two weeks go in t18, but i'm firmly in the upper middle of "↑19" when this time the other week, i was literally like rank 11,950/11,950 for ranking up (and eventually got ranked down to 17).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I managed to hold on towards the bottom 2 weeks back with a 4870. Last week I didn't have a 5 star bonus unit so I ended up with a 4850ish and dropped

4840 is like the maximum score I can realistically aim for so I guess I'm out then

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got a 4822 this week so I'm hoping that's enough to enter tier 20 (though there's no way it's enough to stay in it). I can't really surrender for higher scores without spending a ton of crests, because of the daily quests requiring two wins.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

GLAAD trash bags posted:

I think I could bait him with my Lvl40 4star Mrobin cause that archer's res is poo poo, but I was running TA3 on Robin, so keep that in mind

Thanks, I didn't have a Robin but reminded me of colorless advantage units. I had a Spring Camilla I threw gronnraven+ on a while back and she was able to barely bait it and kill it to start round 2. Rest was easy with Azura/SRobin/Ike. Ike didn't even do poo poo.

Edit: Holy poo poo I expected more trial and error but once I figured out that archer the rest was laughably easy. Finally got that Squad Seal.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 12, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm at a point where I can get into Tier 20 easily, but the 4840-50 scores I get aren't close to good enough to stay there. As long as I can get 4 orbs a week from arena that's fine with me, though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just got the phantom speed seal. I'll probably get my three daily wins for quests from now on, but stop spending every point of stamina I get on it. I still have SGaius to train, and, wallet willing, Delthea and Mathilda.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Just got the phantom speed seal. I'll probably get my three daily wins for quests from now on, but stop spending every point of stamina I get on it. I still have SGaius to train, and, wallet willing, Delthea and Mathilda.

Same here, I'm not actually burnt out but I'm busy so I'll just do the minimum for the rewards.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

tithin posted:

Also, any recommendations for build for my +atk -spd Mae? FEHeroes has no suggested builds?
Blarblade with breaker skill or wait for somebody to hack Dire Thunder into being inheritable.

Silver Falcon posted:

4*
+atk/-def
-atk/+spd
+spd/-def

3*
-HP/+def

Any of those workable? I'm sure I'll get more if none of them are any good. I can always merge her at 4*.
-HP/+def is probably the best. 31 def + Triangle Adept makes her invincible to Brave Axe / Bow units.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Currently up to 60k points just autobattling hard 5 with my cav team. I have spent like 10-15 potions thus far, but since they keep giving us so many my stockpile has barely taken a hit. Absolutely no effort required.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Got the 5* Tobin today :toot:

Looks like I'll actually be able to get the seal this time (not that I have anyone to use it with)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So dataminers have started working and

Berkut
40/35/27/30/23

Mathilda
35/32/33/20/33

Delthea
30/37/33/12/36

Gray
45/37/30/30/20

Leon
38/33/32/30/15

Saber
42/29/33/34/19

Sonya
33/32/34/19/30

I am now reconsidering my decision to get Saber

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So Delthea is blue Julia with more speed and less defense?

That's starting to be enough speed that darting blow or swift sparrow pushes her into a good spot, probably.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gray looking good. Get some Hone/fortify on that son of a bitch with Fury.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It looks like Mathilda loses out to Camus pretty much every way statistically

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Gray apparently matches Chrom as the sword with the highest attack, but chrom's hp/def is higher while Gray's spd/res is better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It looks like Mathilda loses out to Camus pretty much every way statistically

Seems so. Without distant counter being a res tank isn't that useful either.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The winners there look like Leon, Sonya and Delthea to me

The ranged meta lives on