Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

A Bad Poster posted:

A chunk of ice the size of Delaware calved off of the Larson C ice shelf in Antarctica this morning.

Do you think it made a cool noise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Peetown Manning posted:

Do you think it made a cool noise?

Horry poo poo, pissssssssssssssssss except it echoed for 300mi.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bidens throwing a kegger and needed ice

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

A chunk of ice the size of Delaware calved off of the Larson C ice shelf in Antarctica this morning.

Edit: I knew a guy who broke one of his femurs where it connects to the ball joint in airborne school, and then broke the other femur in the same place during a ruck march. Dude was 24 at the time, is never going to be able to run again, and will probably need both hips replaced by the time he's 35.

Look don't worry about global warming, even if it's real. The degradation is totally linear and reversible. (Once all those pesky poor people die off in now uninhabitable land)

Vasudus posted:

But we did pay for them. We paid the iron price.

Pretty much.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Turns out a forever war gets pretty expensive as you keep throwing more meat into the grinder.

My man, forever wars are extremely cheap so long as you get rid of that golden hour bullshit. It's the battlefield survivors breaking the bank. You see what our country needs more than anything is for us to die as our final act of service.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Zeris posted:

My man, forever wars are extremely cheap so long as you get rid of that golden hour bullshit. It's the battlefield survivors breaking the bank. You see what our country needs more than anything is for us to die as our final act of service.

Somewhere there is someone who unironically believes this

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

gas the help thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hello new iphone lockscreen

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zeris posted:

It is every citizen's final duty to go into de tanks

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hello new iphone lockscreen

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I just got approved for my Law school voc rehab and honestly don't see this as being a real issue. All the retarded military hero worship in this country might have something to say about it.

Wouldn't paying in also make these kinds of benefits harder to stop with a general discharge or is that something Shim made up? I don't associate with unhonorable vets

I couldn't get barbri to work with my voc rehab counselor worth a gently caress. Themis had that poo poo done in literal minutes. I spent years going back and forth with barbri people and my counselor was getting dicked around since they wouldn't just take the charge card.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

I couldn't get barbri to work with my voc rehab counselor worth a gently caress. Themis had that poo poo done in literal minutes. I spent years going back and forth with barbri people and my counselor was getting dicked around since they wouldn't just take the charge card.

I don't know what barbri or themis are, and Ive never understood how people could get jerked around for over a year without a change in approach

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPixk9_wgZk

Presented without comment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I don't know what barbri or themis are, and Ive never understood how people could get jerked around for over a year without a change in approach

barbri and themis are both companies that sell poo poo to law students like outlines and MPRE/Bar prep courses. You will absolutely have to get and take a bar prep course and voc rehab will pay for it. I'll admit that I should have called themis up sooner, but I just had enough other bullshit in my life I figured my counselor and barbri could sort it out.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool, can't wait for this to go nowhere with the info we have now. :toot:

Democrat files first articles of impeachment against Donald Trump

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

It's treason then

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I AM THE SENATE

*trump leaps forward, lightsabre in hand, lands out of breath, gets stabbed by Mace Obama*

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Slim Pickens posted:

Strongly projecting that Double Jeopardy will be forever used to fend off all later wrongdoing that surfaces :toot:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Strongly projecting that Double Jeopardy will be forever used to fend off all later wrongdoing that surfaces :toot:

Does that apply for impeachment?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Two Finger posted:

Google tells me people have made the argument that it does, at least for the incredibly lovely Alabama Governor who may actually get impeached soon, but since impeachment is not prosecution, I don't see how those arguments can hold up.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Close enough, we're in the "collusion is awesome" phase.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/885255209299193858

And check out Donnie's spycraft. https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/885259044650352640

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-interview-idUSKBN19X2XF?il=0&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Close enough, we're in the "collusion is awesome" phase.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/885255209299193858

Any time Trump says "Many people" you can replace it with "Nobody" to get the actual truth.

See also: "Many people are saying..."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So if trump Jr goes down for this does that tar retard dad with the same brush?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Two Finger posted:

At least on the federal side, absolutely not.

Two Finger posted:

So if trump Jr goes down for this does that tar retard dad with the same brush?
Goes down politically? Sure, but not in this timeline.
Criminally? It depends on what the additional evidence is that allows them to get Jr. If it also implicates dad in a crime, why not?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 13, 2017

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Probably not as long as he can isolate himself from it. It would take him being shown to have lied about not knowing anything about it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This isn't the first time articles have been drafted. It happened like a month ago. It goes nowhere, because it's not time yet. This is just some congressional mook trying to get street cred, like last time.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Impeachment is a political question and I still need to see the names of House and Senate Republicans willing to back it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So like every non-binding "repeal obamacare" vote the GOP pushed until November. Gotcha.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/885240249655468032

Hahahahahaaahahaahaha

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Does anyone in here have the pisstape gif that was flying around a while back.

The Google results are........unhelpful

Edit:re kidrock.

No.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bought the coffee mug. If we were actually allowed to make coffee in the office, I'd have it on my desk.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Bought the coffee mug. If we were actually allowed to make coffee in the office, I'd have it on my desk.

Ok where do you work where a coffee machine isn't allowed

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

bird cooch posted:

Does anyone in here have the pisstape gif that was flying around a while back.

The Google results are........unhelpful

Edit:re kidrock.

No.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Two Finger posted:

No. Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. It can work both ways. You can impeach someone for something that shows them to be unfit for office without it being a provable criminal offense (e.g., appearing to be compromised/easily blackmailed by foreign governments) and you can get off scot free for something that would land a commoner in jail if there isn't political support for a conviction of a popular president (e.g., WJC and perjury).

The Donnie Jr. meeting and paper trail may not itself lead to impeachment, but it has solidified the divide the reluctant, situational Trump supporters (e.g., National Review types) and those that sold their souls to the Hobgoblin (e.g., Hannity). The former had a "wait and see" approach to the investigation and are now fully convinced of its authenticity and necessity; the latter group is still seeing some weird game of 4d chess and tinfoil hats.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In Colorado Springs news, a police PT test:

http://www.koaa.com/story/35871506/court-rules-cspd-physical-abilities-test-discriminatory-to-women

Judge threw out a standardized unisex PT test because women were failing and not getting their raises or promotions because of it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I love the previous statement on this that went something like "He was acting as a private citizen and a businessman"... to obtain information from the Russians in order to aid Trump's campaign?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3EY8aLutbg

colbert apologizes to eric trump

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress kind of nazi shop do you work at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Thank you.

• Locked thread