Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kild posted:

Also that none of the Angels rewound time to prevent their GoDs from dying

Well, since Zamasu said he targeted the Kais, when the GoD died the angel would go "inactive" not giving him/her time to react and reverse time, but what "inactive" means was never clarified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Kild posted:

Not only that, but all of the Angel siblings saw their GoDs dying one after another and went 'eh nothing strange about this.' and then didn't even work to start training a new GoD.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Guys, it's an alternate timeline and future Zeno-sama said he's never seen a tournament before. It clearly never happened in the dark future, ironically.

Yeah but Jiren and the Pride Troopers were probably around in the alternate future timelines since their existence is independent of any of the time travel fuckery in U7 (unless we assume huge butterfly effect), and Zamasu says he killed everyone everywhere and saved the Earth for last.

How could Zamasu, before even unlocking Rose, kill a guy who is stronger than current Goku and THEN have trouble fighting Goku and Vegeta till he unlocked Rose and zenkai boosts.

It just doesn't add up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah but Jiren and the Pride Troopers were probably around in the alternate future timelines, and Zamasu says he killed everyone everywhere and saved the Earth for last.

How could Zamasu kill a guy who is stronger than Goku before even unlocking Rose and THEN have trouble fighting Goku and Vegeta till he unlocked Rose and zenkai boosts.

It just doesn't add up.

I imagine Zamasu knew the Supreme Kai in each world, went to go drink some tea and then murdered them. Any of the super powerful defenders probably never knew the God of Destruction is dead as there nobody to warn them since the Kai is also dead and the Angel is disabled. I imagine his plan to go exterminate planets would run into one them in time, but considering how one of them is immortal and the other gets way stronger each time he defeated, he probably catch up with them in time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Did he kill everyone? I thought he only killed the gods.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i dont remember a part where they say they killed all the other universes tbf. i thought they meant just u7

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

tbp posted:

i dont remember a part where they say they killed all the other universes tbf. i thought they meant just u7

Maybe they started with U7 since it had like 30 planets to clear out tops, and was a convenient source of Gokus.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I might be misremembering so I'm currently searching for a source, but while doing so I found this

quote:

In the manga Zamasu swapped bodies with Monaka - the victor of the Universes 6 and 7 Gods of Destruction Selection Martial Arts Competition, however up-on realizing that Monaka was in fact weak he swapped bodies with Goku instead.

And goddamit I have to concede it to Toyotaro, that actually owned.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Pride Troopers wouldn't necessarily be able to survive in space, nor would they have Instant Transmission, so Zamasu could probably planet-gank pretty effectively.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Nessus posted:

The Pride Troopers wouldn't necessarily be able to survive in space, nor would they have Instant Transmission, so Zamasu could probably planet-gank pretty effectively.

Yeah, this is probably the go to. Killing each individual mortal doesn't seem like it'd be particularly efficient. He probably has some sort of Buu style genocide attack, and if he senses a strong power he just blows the planet the hell up.

That or the authors didn't think it through. Either or.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The only one that could even possibly survive is Jiren; all the others are shown in space ships but when we see Jiren he's been meditating in an infinite black void. It could be Space or it could just be some special chamber.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Future Jiren was killed by the same unspecified future heart disease that took out Future Goku.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maybe they just got old.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jiren is like 3 days old and wasn't born at that point.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kild posted:

The time rewind is only a couple minutes and has a long cooldown. If Beerus is chilling on his own planet taking a nap when Zamasu shows up at the Supreme Kai's planet and shanks Shin, rewinding time for a couple minutes isn't going to make any difference because Beerus won't have time to physically travel there because GoDs and Angels don't have any form of instant transmission.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Conspiracy Time, grab on hard to your tinfoil hats folks!

Saw this theory on a spanish forum that said the number on the balls each warrior is holding hints to their elimination order. I searched the opening in many qualities and the numbers are almost impossible to make out with the exception of Krillin who has the 1 star, Frieza who has the 7 star (and won't be a surprise if he is the last of the 7 to be defeated) and 18 who has the 5 stars.

Piccolo may be holding the 2 star and 17 the 4 star, which leaves Roshi with the 3 star, and Tien with the 6 star, which would be neat since he blew hard during the recruitment arc.

It probably won't turn out to be the case but I think it would be a cool detail if they spoilered it in the opening.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Frieza isn't holding a ball :v:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Which probably means we will believe he is the 7th to fall but it was Frost all along :P

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

you'd think u7 would be ranked pretty highly if it were just "how many evil people are running around" since goku killed all the bad guys after the bad guys wiped out 90% of the universe. who's even left to be a dick at this point? the remnants of freeza's empire just recently died on earth and there are less that 30 inhabited planets in the entire universe

if you think about it, u7 is a post apocalyptic setting a thousand times over. even earth blew up a couple times

Goku killed two bad guys. It seems like U7 is still full of space criminals, it's just that the rest aren't on Freeza's or Buu's level.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku killed one bad guy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I will believe the dragon ball elimination order theory.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

It isn't but it's probably correlated to a certain degree. Like mortal level is probably a way to measure quality of life in that universe, with the highest ones of the 8 universes we know so far having robots and space stations and people wearing space utopia clothing and and open immigration of different space races (something that early DB used to have but hasn't been brought up throughout all of Z). .

Actually in a bit of majinn buu story (might have even been filler, proving once and for all that all dbz filler is good) there was a kid who befriends buu and buu gives him some people milk.

The kid is all "you must be an offworlder" iirc so it came up just pretty rarely. In a way every time people see picollo and don't freak out it's evidencing the cultural norm of intergalactic space travel.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

reignofevil posted:

Actually in a bit of majinn buu story (might have even been filler, proving once and for all that all dbz filler is good) there was a kid who befriends buu and buu gives him some people milk.

The kid is all "you must be an offworlder" iirc so it came up just pretty rarely. In a way every time people see picollo and don't freak out it's evidencing the cultural norm of intergalactic space travel.

In Super those cat? aliens land and people are cautious but they know they exist. It doesn't seem too common but it does happen.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Why didn't Goku recruit Arale for this tournament? He got two other androids, so she'd seem like a natural person to include. And Vegeta understands her nearly unlimited gag-manga powers. She's an expert at knocking people into the distance with her patented Arale kick and headbutt.

She could solo an entire team, probably.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedah posted:

Why didn't Goku recruit Arale for this tournament? He got two other androids, so she'd seem like a natural person to include. And Vegeta understands her nearly unlimited gag-manga powers. She's an expert at knocking people into the distance with her patented Arale kick and headbutt.

She could solo an entire team, probably.

Arale uses a bunch of gadgets/props/poop on a stick for her comedy gag powers and thus would be disqualified.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

ImpAtom posted:

Arale uses a bunch of gadgets/props/poop on a stick for her comedy gag powers and thus would be disqualified.

The once great Universe 7 that we know and love, erased from existence because Arale brought poop on a stick. :nexus:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
To think, if Goku convincingly threw the fight, this all would just be a happy fun tournament. Instead, it's genocide on a scale we literally can't comprehend.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really hope Black and Zamasu have the same reaction to fighting Jiren in Xenoverse whenever that Demigra does to Whis showing up in front of him.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Fuego Fish posted:

Speaking of fanfic, my dumb tabletop game is coming along nicely, to the point where I'd like to do another playtest. Anyone interested in playing out their muscleman fantasies?

depends on the scheduling, but I am up for that! Is it still on the same Google doc sheet?

EDIT: Maybe I should read the rest of the tread before replying

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Covok posted:

To think, if Goku convincingly threw the fight, this all would just be a happy fun tournament. Instead, it's genocide on a scale we literally can't comprehend.

The fact that it's total erasure, instead of just dumping everyone into some huge blank afterlife, is what makes it perfectly extra horrifying. And the erasure happens on the spot! What I originally thought was going to be a weird inverse where the audience grows the more the fight goes on, is instead extra creepy and surreal as the already empty arena grows more and more depopulated.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the way they faked out the audience thing was neat. they did a good job with the tone shift when the zeno's erased u9

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
In a stunning twist we learn that the popularity of the universal tournament has exploded throughout the afterlife. The universes and their fighters are not erased but are actually sent to the true testing ground: HFIL

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
In a weird way this makes the whole "you lose your body unless you are really strong but also good" thing make a ton of sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was sort of expecting the erasure twist to be "Zenos erased all the universes!!! ...from their ipad tournament tracker. Actually everyone is fine."

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Covok posted:

You know what I just realized? The mortal level thing is either based on or considers how many evil people you got running around. I don't think it's a power level so much as its how gently caress up your universe is. Think about it, Universe 9 is shown to be in chaos and disarray with criminals running around destroying stuff and is the lowest rated. Universe 6 is higher than Universe 7. Why? Probably because the Sayians act as an intergalactic peace keeping force. Universe 11 is decently high up there and has a superhero team keeping the peace across the galaxy. Having people like Freeza, Cell, and Kid Buu is probably why Universe 7 has such a low mortal rating: because they're all so dangerous and evil.

I'm think the purpose of the Kais is to help foster and grow life and purpose of the GoD is to removes entities and life forms that work to destroy it.

All the shithole universes like U7 and U9 have gods that work in opposition to this.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I really hope Toyotaro remembers his "Trunks is a medic" bullshit come the Tournament of Power arc, cause by his own asspull Gohan is also a medic now making U7 unstoppable.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
In japan, what kind of audience would Super have?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

In japan, what kind of audience would Super have?

Kids and adult nerds mostly

It airs super early in the morning opposite Pokemon and Super Sentai

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I understand that the manga sucks but I like it anyways just to see an alternate take on the Super timeline, and who might end up being the 10 in the Tournament of Power compared to the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Burkion posted:

Kids and adult nerds mostly

It airs super early in the morning opposite Pokemon and Super Sentai

So it is plainly a kids show?

Funny how the audience seems so different in the rest of the world.

• Locked thread