Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Can confirm this though. There are a lot of Confederate battle flags here for an Underground Railroad endpoint.

the entire upper midwest is like that

Kekekela posted:

He became pretty open with his Republican leanings and making it obvious he was interested in politics as soon as he made bank. While a Senate bid is probably not realistic yet, I've always thought he was a good bet to run for congress at some point.

if we were talking a US rep seat somewhere in the UP or detroit suburbs in 2018, I think he would fare a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/885251664713834498

Welp, I think we can all see where this is going.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Aves Maria! posted:

the entire upper midwest is like that

Yes, but do they have pictures of their state holding AR-15s on everyone's cars?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The weird holdout on the GOP bill to me is Murkowski. She's gotten primaried from the right when she was going along with all the other bullshit shenanigans with the Senate. She only won her most recent term due to a write in. Unless I misjudge politics, to me that seems more a license to go your own way than tack right with the crazies. Or am I wrong about Alaska politics?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

skylined! posted:

i dunno man they're drunken racists crazy people. michigan is like florida of the north

I mean they elected a guy who literally poisoned kids twice as governor... so yea.

ReidRansom posted:

They were floating the "yeah we colluded, so what it's not illegal" stuff for months. Their base will buy it.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I only listened to Godly Christian bands in the 90's. Who is this child of rock and how are they not qualified to be in the Senate? Playing Satan's kazoo in front of crowds should be enough to disqualify him.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes, but do they have pictures of their state holding AR-15s on everyone's cars?

wait what

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ReidRansom posted:

Are people seriously going to tolerate this?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

nerdz posted:

I can't stop laughing at the image of Trump questioning a spymaster and thinking he came away the victor.

Now I'm picturing him as Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm when he does the squinty questioning thing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hardware and sporting stores have these on half the cars

It also comes in Glock.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
^^^
lol wtf

Pollyanna posted:

you already know the answer to this

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ReidRansom posted:

I know this is shortly after Junior's tweetpocalypse but I'm still having trouble believing this is real. :psyduck:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Pollyanna posted:

Nobody wants to be the first one to throw a brick I guess.

What with impeachment being prematurely tabled I think we're in for a very busy summer.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

skylined! posted:

it's impolite to talk with your mouth full

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "holstered".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Can't wait to see how GOP senators walk back their stances on foreign influence now.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

Can we get a link to the Reuters story?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Nothus posted:

President Donald J Trump. With our dumb system and broken electorate, literally anything is possible.

For the nth time, "Trump because president despite predictions therefore predictions can never be made" is the worstest possible take from 2016, there were structural factors that led to Trump becoming president such as the electoral college which are not operative in a statewide election, or in any other kind of election either

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i really hate frum trying to save his legacy.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Jeez, I hope a lot of republicans lose their seats if they start saying "oh yeah election tampering is nbd"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can't wait to see how GOP senators walk back their stances on foreign influence now.

if they do this for 4 years, dems should wholeheartedly embrace the precedent and seek aid from every country that hates trump (its all of them)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

WampaLord posted:

Fuckina lmao at trying to compare the two of these things.

You choose to join a frat, you don't choose to be a minority. If you want to claim that people "choose" to be immigrants, feel free I guess, but still, just lmao.

Race is a social construct. You can choose to be any race you want.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Race is a social construct. You can choose to be any race you want.

Thanks Rachel.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Mantis42 posted:

Can we get a link to the Reuters story?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-interview-idUSKBN19X2XF

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Thanks Rachel.

In case anyone hasn't read the piece in The Stranger about Dolezal, you absolutely should. Hooooly poo poo what a doofus.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

That doesn't say anything like what was claimed above.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

The piss babies for sure will.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That one doesn't seem to contain what Frum is talking about.

I can't find anything yet. Probably all still getting written up.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

quote:

"I said, did you do it? And he said no, I did not. Absolutely not. I then asked him a second time in a totally different way. He said absolutely not," Trump said.

Welp, turn off the lights, close the door, we are done here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do you think Putin has killed a man with his bare hands? Piano wire counts.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

holy poo poo
https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/758042289402896385
Peep the date on that :stare:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Burning_Monk posted:

Welp, turn off the lights, close the door, we are done here.

This is the brilliant mind the rest of the world is dealing with

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I like Wray saying his response to illegal pressure from trump would be to resign. Comey failed to do his job and head in for one last meeting with a wire and a keyword script, and now the takeaway is that administrative cops resign instead of investigating active government criminal conspiracy.

Apparently you wave a 20 at a traffic cop, and he takes the long walk like Sydow in the Stallone Dredd movie.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

That one doesn't seem to contain what Frum is talking about.

I can't find anything yet. Probably all still getting written up.

Maybe it's in the transcript? Would be weird of Frum to make it up

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skippy Granola posted:

Jeez, I hope a lot of republicans lose their seats if they start saying "oh yeah election tampering is nbd"

Election tampering is one of their main strategies, they just do it by making it very hard for some populations to vote.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pollyanna posted:

Less and less people over time

I doubt that something is gonna come out thats so shocking that his entire support disappears overnight, but you're going to see people slowly defect every time. The loud assholes will still be loud assholes, but the quiet assholes are gonna find something else to quietly be an rear end in a top hat about.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

where did trump say this? Is there audio?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably not, nothing about his KGB job was interesting in any way and afterwards he had people for that. :v:

Although I guess he could always be like his cartoonish yet awful henchman Kadyrov and do it for giggles anyway.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Election tampering is one of their main strategies, they just do it by making it very hard for some populations to vote.

Why do you hate voter I.D. laws? Are you trying to let illegals vote? Why do you hate America?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Probably not, nothing about his KGB job was interesting in any way and afterwards he had people for that. :v:

Although I guess he could always be like his cartoonish yet awful henchman Kadyrov and do it for giggles anyway.

Yeah, that's where I hesitated. As a KGB agent, no, I don't think he killed very many people at all, and I don't think he ever did with his bare hands. As President of Russia? ...welllllll...I wouldn't be surprised if a judo practice went wrong or something at one point.:eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No. He was never a street officer in the KGB/FSB, and was widely resented for it in the agency when he rose through the ranks despite not having the hands-on experience most operatives did.

Edit: I'll take the opportunity to once again recommend Masha Gessen's book in the strongest possible way.

• Locked thread