Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Maybe your games go that long, but here in *holds up megaphone to your ear* DIAMOND LEAGUE the games are over before it's relevant
yea the games are over quick because once you get seraphs embrace on sona you start dropping motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Coin is completely broken now, I built it on Braum and Taric today and won both games

I also won both of my Nami coin start games in crushing fashion simply by getting more money than the other team

You just never run out of mana and it gives you like an extra 2500 gold per game

Back in Plat 1 promos baby!!! I love ancient coin!!!!!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Been trying out Quinn and she is amazingly fun if all you want to do is shove lanes and occasionally kill a man. Being able to just zoom all over the map really fast and then chase someone down who is out of position is a blast.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
What they change about coin?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

What they change about coin?

This patch? The quest reward changed from an extra skill point to Janna passive.

Last patch it got buffed to give substantially more gold.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Up here in diamond, games end in a New York minute. Sheen? That's a good start, sure. But you need that power and you need it fast. That's why you build the second sheen.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Matchup counters in midlane are bullshit because it's a 2v2 lane. If you're losing lane hard enough all that matters is if you can win fights with you jungler.

Tbh feels like 1v2 most of the time because most junglers don't know the notion of counter ganking. If my laner is pushing up hard of course I can't gank for him unless we dive but I could wait in the side bush for a free kill on the jungler or enemy mid. Like 90% of the time you are hard pushing mid it means you are winning trades so enemy mid will generally be lower hp than you but too bad junglers just think of ganking the lane thats pushed in.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ulio posted:

Tbh feels like 1v2 most of the time because most junglers don't know the notion of counter ganking. If my laner is pushing up hard of course I can't gank for him unless we dive but I could wait in the side bush for a free kill on the jungler or enemy mid. Like 90% of the time you are hard pushing mid it means you are winning trades so enemy mid will generally be lower hp than you but too bad junglers just think of ganking the lane thats pushed in.

Have you considered pinging the enemy champion's name from the scoreboard and/or pinging your lane? Or just typing something like "free kill mid" in chat?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ping the other mid's flash even if it's still up and if they use flash when the jungler comes in to gank just say sry didnt keep track of the cooldown time

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Work Friend Keven posted:

Up here in diamond, games end in a New York minute. Sheen? That's a good start, sure. But you need that power and you need it fast. That's why you build the second sheen.

I've heard double sheen gets you hard stuck around diamond 3. By the time you hit masters it's dorans stacks all the way down.

I definitely vote sheen over tear for killing people sona.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This was on reddit and it's just too funny not to post http://plays.tv/video/59665a0360569171c3/d5-yasuo-players-?oreferer=notifications

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lmao fuckin owned

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pictured: 'wait for yasuo to outplay himself,' the noted counter to yasuo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand what happened there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

I don't understand what happened there
the yasuo flashed and e'd at the same time so he overshot kogmaw and landed on the other side of that cliff, giving kog the ability to just walk away from what would have otherwise been certain death if the yasuo had just e'd and autoattacked him

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

taric trip report:

ardent censer life stolen: 6305

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I have no idea what runes to run on Taric. My current page is armor reds armor yellows armor quints MP5 blues, and Riot is threatening legal action.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I have two

Armor Armor Armor Mana regen / 10% CDR blues

MR MR MR Mana regen /10% CDR blues

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also yep

2 points in Q, max W after that if they're mostly AD

Q max and then W if they're AP

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

alternatively, maxing Q doesn't make it much better since you still only get one charge per auto, and it costs a fuckload of mana to spam.

so get 2 poitns in it then max E instead

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
so i want to improve, and playing normals does not make me feel like i'm improving. i wanna jungle, and jungle effectively, so i'm still going to keep on that grind, but i very frequently get told i'm a bad jungler, which is probably true!

however i don't know what i'm doing precisely wrong, and its getting me down when i'm constantly getting hollered at in normals regardless of what i do. is there a good resource video to watch? best practices for what to do if you're new to the role or just coming back to the game after a long absence? any goons wanna queue some chill games and help a brother out? any of the above honestly i'm down for

sorry for the sincerepost

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

alternatively, maxing Q doesn't make it much better since you still only get one charge per auto, and it costs a fuckload of mana to spam.

so get 2 poitns in it then max E instead

Yeah but having 7 stacks basically instantly is a fuckton of healing, though, especially once you get an Ardent Censer and get the extra healing boost

E max might be better versus AP teams but I still think W max against solo queue AD team comps is the way to go now. You mostly maxed E before just to make the duration of the stun longer but now it seems more like a one point wonder now that the base damage went up.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah I have two

Armor Armor Armor Mana regen / 10% CDR blues

MR MR MR Mana regen /10% CDR blues

I don't get why you'd run CDR, he seems way more mana-gated than CD-gated.

And that second page makes absolutely no sense, you're running like... MR yellows/reds? That sounds awful. Unless you're laning against Corki, you need armor in lane.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
How the poo poo do you ward against the new edgelord jungler. I warded in front of drag and between blue and gromp, like I usually do, but the dude can just dodge them entirely by bard portalling in through the long wall next to tower and we couldn't do poo poo. Do you have to play like he's Eve that also doesn't get seen by control wards? Just ward his camps and hope for the best?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'll forgo Armor runes if they have like 3 AP carry champs or 4 APs and on ADC to have a stronger mid and late game.

Also, had the opportunity of playing with this guy two days ago :suicide101:

https://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=%EC%A7%80%EC%88%98%EC%99%80%EC%84%A4%EC%95%84

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
So pantheon was already strong, and the lethality changes make him even better

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Once people realize that Bramble Vest exists and is 900 gold, maybe the lethality changes won't be too extreme

Maybe

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

Once people realize that Bramble Vest exists and is 900 gold, maybe the lethality changes won't be too extreme

Maybe

I've only played a few games with it but Bramble Vest is quickly becoming my opening item rush as a top lane tank. Just makes trades so much easier to deal with early on.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cloth5 into bramble or shield into bramble? :thunk:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If it's a poke champion or Rumble then Shield otherwise probably cloth

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

How the poo poo do you ward against the new edgelord jungler. I warded in front of drag and between blue and gromp, like I usually do, but the dude can just dodge them entirely by bard portalling in through the long wall next to tower and we couldn't do poo poo. Do you have to play like he's Eve that also doesn't get seen by control wards? Just ward his camps and hope for the best?

I think that's your best option. Ward defensively on his camps to get a general gauge for where he is. If you're next to their tower and you haven't had vision of him within the last 15 seconds, back off and play safe.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Powering up a beefcake or an assassin is lots of fun as Taric, though this particular match was not really demonstrative of what he can do since our Renekton decided to AFK in base (moving once every couple of minutes to avoid the automatic AFK ejection) once the 20-minute surrender check failed because I guess we were not winning fast enough or whatever.

While he was there, it was pretty hilarious keeping him alive.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am the absolutely worthless xerath

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Addamere posted:

Have you considered pinging the enemy champion's name from the scoreboard and/or pinging your lane? Or just typing something like "free kill mid" in chat?

Its not that the junglers don't gank its just soloq junglers don't know that a counter gank is a good option. If I am jungler one of the easiest ganks is just waiting in top lane lane bush or bot lane bush while ur team is pushed in its almost always a free kill on enenmy jungler who will come flying in or flashing in.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coin is the only starting item you should buy on any support

We were getting crushed but I managed to stay even in gold because I get an extra 120-160 gold per minute with this stupid rear end item and then we won because their Nautilus was squishy as gently caress compared to me after 20 minutes

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I just can't believe that they took a convoluted mechanic (lethality) implemented to reduce snowballing issues from early armor pen, and then made it scale on the user's level instead of the target's level. Or, in other words, making it really good when loving snowballing.

Just go back to flat armor pen already. It was more intuitive.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

"I'm the eight yellow trinkets"

*Buys Bami's Cinder on support*

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I like when people build infinity edge or essence reaver, and then no other crit items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Killed By Death posted:

"I'm the eight yellow trinkets"

*Buys Bami's Cinder on support*

Going Sunfire Cape wouldn't be bad at all considering he's Taric and he just needs to stack armor because Xerath was useless

But Randuin's or Frozen Heart would have been better

• Locked thread