Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Rich finally got a pretty good burn on Mike with that ghost comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Body shaming leo, for shame.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Guy Goodbody posted:

is the announcer on the elderly driving video the Frontline guy?

That's what I thought too, which is appropriate for the serious threat that the elderly pose.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
JUST DO IT, RICH!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

vermin posted:

It just struck me

Grannies. Witches.

We should be expecting a Discworld Cinematic Universe. It's had some love in the UK but most of the world doesn't know poo poo about Discworld. The money cow is ready to burst its money milk all over the ground.

The Discworld TV movies they've made in the UK have all been loving terrible. Most of them kind of had the same feel as that Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie where it's like it was made by people who didn't quite grasp why the original was funny or what people actually liked about it or what the jokes were. But with way worse production values (DEATH looked like a fuckin plastic Halloween decoration in most of them).

They've all got a few minor bright spots in them, like one or two bits of inspired casting (Charles Dance killing it as Lord Vetinari, Michelle Dockery as Susan Sto Helit) but then they gently caress everything else up.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
I lust for elderly death.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The Archaic posted:

I can't stop laughing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Giga Gaia posted:

I lust for elderly death.

good news

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

is the announcer on the elderly driving video the Frontline guy?

yes, when they said it was Robert Stack I was like "no it loving isnt you hack frauds"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Entropic posted:

The Discworld TV movies they've made in the UK have all been loving terrible. Most of them kind of had the same feel as that Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie where it's like it was made by people who didn't quite grasp why the original was funny or what people actually liked about it or what the jokes were. But with way worse production values (DEATH looked like a fuckin plastic Halloween decoration in most of them).

They've all got a few minor bright spots in them, like one or two bits of inspired casting (Charles Dance killing it as Lord Vetinari, Michelle Dockery as Susan Sto Helit) but then they gently caress everything else up.

Del Boy as Rincewind AND Albert is a loving crime.

They turned Discworld into a loving Comic Relief 'spot the celeb' sketch.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

happyhippy posted:

Del Boy as Rincewind AND Albert is a loving crime.

They turned Discworld into a loving Comic Relief 'spot the celeb' sketch.

I was irrationally mad that they cast Rincewind as an old man because "he's a wizard, wizards are all old greybeards right?" when he's supposed to be like grad student age.

Trying to even do the early books at all was probably a mistake. They're not actually very good. It was all just straight-up genre parody in the beginning and Rincewind is a poor man's Arthur Dent with half as much personality.

I keep hearing they're going to a City Watch tv series, which would be amazing if done right, but lol they won't do it right they'll gently caress it up horribly and the casting will be awful.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

He read this thread.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
What kind of poo poo rear end beer are they drinking?
Cant make out the name.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Entropic posted:

I've only seen Hogfather and didn't think it was that bad :shrug:

Except Mr. Teatime, he loving sucked and went Full Peter Lorre on Helium. Also the budget, like it just felt really cheap and tacky. I do agree that Susan is perfect, like exactly how I would've imagined the character from the books.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

King Vidiot posted:

I've only seen Hogfather and didn't think it was that bad :shrug:

Except Mr. Teatime, he loving sucked and went Full Peter Lorre on Helium. Also the budget, like it just felt really cheap and tacky. I do agree that Susan is perfect, like exactly how I would've imagined the character from the books.

Hogfather was the best of them, the rest are all downhill from there. And they all kind of fit the same mold of "1 or 2 great casting choices, a few abominable ones, terrible cheapness in everything, a conspicuous lack of Terry Pratchett humor or real jokes of any kind, tone problems, and general hamminess."

The Golem in Going Postal looks like the worst, cheapest Ben Grimm costume you can imagine.

naem
May 29, 2011

happyhippy posted:

Cant make out the name.

It's delish

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

naem posted:

It's delish

Tastes as great as it's name :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

When I lived in the Midwest, I used to get Leinenkugel's black lager and that was some good stuff. Just like the latest BotW. :cheers:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

leinenkugel sucks lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kegels lol

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RLM is in my braiiinsss. They nailed it early with the FYI on Mark David Chapman. I'm like who the gently caress is that?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That piece of poo poo Blumpkin's latest Oats thing is out, the cheap poo poo brain idiot set his latest piece of trash in the Canadian arctic in the future and the facility uses old RED exit signs when the national building code already specifies the international "green running man" exit signs. Maybe with some more kickstarter money you can afford to properly dress you sets you hack.

Other than the exit sign issue it's pretty good though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

happyhippy posted:

Cant make out the name.

Jim is drinking New Glarus.

Leinenkugel was the beer of my college days along with Point Special Lager and Rhinelander when I was broke.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

That piece of poo poo Blumpkin's latest Oats thing is out, the cheap poo poo brain idiot set his latest piece of trash in the Canadian arctic in the future and the facility uses old RED exit signs when the national building code already specifies the international "green running man" exit signs. Maybe with some more kickstarter money you can afford to properly dress you sets you hack.

Speaking of people who didn't make it out of young adult novels Dakota Fanning is in this one and I hope this boosts her out of that stereotype as it was a pretty good performance even though I am not a fan of her. I had mistaken her for Kate Winslet as she looks very similar at that age.

That monster though, great design and used like it was a force of nature, slow but never quite stopping with all sorts of body horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWB-MVJ4sQ

They have also made 3 more cooking with Bill

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Jim is drinking New Glarus.

Leinenkugel was the beer of my college days along with Point Special Lager and Rhinelander when I was broke.
He clearly drank to much as everybody was doing a lot of :stare:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Entropic posted:

Hogfather was the best of them, the rest are all downhill from there. And they all kind of fit the same mold of "1 or 2 great casting choices, a few abominable ones, terrible cheapness in everything, a conspicuous lack of Terry Pratchett humor or real jokes of any kind, tone problems, and general hamminess."

The Golem in Going Postal looks like the worst, cheapest Ben Grimm costume you can imagine.

I just looked at colour of magic and jesus that is bad, everything is bad. Character introductions are bad. Rincewind getting kicked out as an old man is bad. His WIZZARD hat being his official wizard hat and not a thing he made out of his own injured pride is bad. Wow. I skipped along and every single thing I saw was bad.

Going postal is good? Who cares the golems look weird. This is a really good adaptation. Wow!

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Poor Jim never seems to get a word in edgewise. He'll start to make a comment and the rude Americans Rich and Mike will step all over it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
That Leonardo Retardo video was loving nuts. It's not bad enough you're stalking the dude but then you gotta go and talk poo poo about his body too? Ice cold, man.

naem
May 29, 2011

Andro Dunos posted:

Poor Jim never seems to get a word in edgewise. He'll start to make a comment and the rude Americans Rich and Mike will step all over it.

he's a celeb-reb-edy expert

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baronjutter posted:

It owns you gently caress

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

HoAssHo posted:

That Leonardo Retardo video was loving nuts. It's not bad enough you're stalking the dude but then you gotta go and talk poo poo about his body too? Ice cold, man.

That body was really bad though.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
It was.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
im glad mike has fully embraced his alcoholism by drinking whiskey by the loving pint glass

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
if old woman should get work then lay off dad-bodied 20 year olds

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Newest planet of the apes film is *gasp* guilty of yet another misleading trailer. It's a prison break movie.

It was okay, as the others were. Which is to say, it's still such a bizarre spectacle that you can't help but keep watching.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Any interspecies loving yet

I want to see some guy get the ape fever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No apes spoilers please

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why are there so few ape furries?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Zzulu posted:

Why are there so few ape furries?

You ever watch M.A.S.K.? It's about these guys who have cars and trucks that transform in to boats and helicopters and poo poo. The main villain has a helicopter that turns into a jet, and it's sort of like "well that's a waste, why loving bother?"

I think furries have the same opinion about primate fursonas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The Osprey is a helicopter that turns into a turbo prop and it does a really good job at doing what it was designed to do......... Which is crashing and killing lots of American marines

• Locked thread