Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Rockets lose Ariza in a Melo trade, does the added offense make up for the weakened defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Spacebump posted:

If the Rockets lose Ariza in a Melo trade, does the added offense make up for the weakened defense?

No, but i think there is close to a 0% chance that happens.

edit: i'd be very very surprised if any of the rockets rotation is involved besides Anderson, really.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When the Rockets add Lebron to that team next year I'll go ahead and join the bandwagon.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

this is the funniest thing ive seen in forever for so many reasons

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Whats Manning saying? Chip Ganassi's team?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Four people quoted this post and made a superbowl joke without noticing the youtube link

Does nobody click on the You Tubes half of what I post is super sick you tube clips

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whats Manning saying? Chip Ganassi's team?

I think it's "gymnastics team" but can't quite tell

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

EvanTH posted:

Four people quoted this post and made a superbowl joke without noticing the youtube link

Does nobody click on the You Tubes half of what I post is super sick you tube clips

Nope! Sure don't!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
It's "gymnastics team", he's talkin' about US Women GOLD MEDALS BABY

G-Hawk posted:

No, but i think there is close to a 0% chance that happens.

edit: i'd be very very surprised if any of the rockets rotation is involved besides Anderson, really.

What's their cap situation? Can they do anything they want as long as they sign the Harden contract last?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

WhyteRyce posted:

I've seen KD act. He's not good at it

How dare you desecrate the brilliant performance Kevin Durant put in advertising Doo Doo Jump.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

EvanTH posted:

It's "gymnastics team", he's talkin' about US Women GOLD MEDALS BABY

What's their cap situation? Can they do anything they want as long as they sign the Harden contract last?
capped out, but they have a boat load of non guaranteeds and throw ins they can use to match. Saw speculation somewhere Melo may need to waive his trade kicker and is willing to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EvanTH posted:

It's because It failed to embed it on mobile and I was like, eh, but NEVER AGAIN

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

You know Dokmo has worked in the OKC FO because he has seen thunderstruck

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

It's 2017, an embarrassing amount of the country only gets news from headlines. Sometimes the headlines aren't even true.

It was a great clip for that tweet.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

maybe embed the video if you want me to give a poo poo, imo

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

EvanTH posted:

Nobody clicks on youtube links, use the full url (youtube.com/watch?v=U7rPIg7ZNQO) not the shortened link (https://youtu.be/U7rPIg7ZNQ8) to embed the video.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This helps alot, especially since it gives a thumbnail and I know what I'm getting into

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/885312190915387396

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The last few seconds are very emotive

wait no the other version

oops edit:

yeah just watching the last bit without dialogue, when his eyes go down

like he's thinking about all those people who said hey it'll all quiet down once you get a ring, maybe they were wrong

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 13, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol at that

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Wow KD got owned

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
KD can win five titles he's still gonna be the mid grade Nike Basketball shoe line

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I just don't care about videos posted by people who want me to die.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Haha, brutal.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/Yg_Trece/status/885316604694675456

:smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:sympathy:

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I feel you. Seeing him in the OKC jersey the first time is gonna be rough.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mostly because they're ugly jerseys

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"As for the Greek Freak: Who made final call to pass him up, and why? “It was me,” Cuban said. “Donnie [Nelson] was like, ‘OK, I’m putting my you-know-whats on the table.’ He was doing the Sam Cassell, Nick Van Exel dance. … It’s all in. And I’m like, ‘Donnie, we have this plan.’ Because even as good as the Greek Freak has turned out to be, he was still three years away, and we wanted to try to get somebody who could help get us to the top right there and then. Didn’t turn out that way, it is what it is, that happens.”

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/07/12/mavs-owner-mark-cuban-made-final-call-pass-greek-freak-2013-nba-draft

I wish they had video of that exchange.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/885318651728904192

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The grande half-caff of shoes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Man I thought drake owned draymond but Peyton on kd puts that to shame.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Finally managed to catch up on all 321 pages and as an Aussie that doesnt get much of a chance to follow all the NBA, i have learnt a lot.

Twolves are the team to watch next season.

Bulls also but for completely different reasons.

KD is a weird dude.

Bismack Biyombo is waaay overpaid.

Also as a Spurs fan and with limited NBA games screened here, i dont know much about Rudy Gay other than his stat line, will he be a good fit and is he going to just back up Kawhi or can he play another spot?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Camping.. Intense! posted:

Finally managed to catch up on all 321 pages and as an Aussie that doesnt get much of a chance to follow all the NBA, i have learnt a lot.

KD is a weird dude.

Also as a Spurs fan and with limited NBA games screened here, i dont know much about Rudy Gay other than his stat line, will he be a good fit and is he going to just back up Kawhi or can he play another spot?

Most people think he's going to be more of a stretch 4, and how good he's going to be depends on how well you think 30 year olds bounce back from ruptured Achilles' tendons

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
He's coming off an achilles tear so chances are he will be a total nonentity this season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Utah replaced Hayward https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/885322457548304385

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

"As for the Greek Freak: Who made final call to pass him up, and why? “It was me,” Cuban said. “Donnie [Nelson] was like, ‘OK, I’m putting my you-know-whats on the table.’ He was doing the Sam Cassell, Nick Van Exel dance. … It’s all in. And I’m like, ‘Donnie, we have this plan.’ Because even as good as the Greek Freak has turned out to be, he was still three years away, and we wanted to try to get somebody who could help get us to the top right there and then. Didn’t turn out that way, it is what it is, that happens.”

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/07/12/mavs-owner-mark-cuban-made-final-call-pass-greek-freak-2013-nba-draft

I wish they had video of that exchange.

This was part of Stephen A Smith's rant too.

Why are there people who think rookies can help immediately

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

This was part of Stephen A Smith's rant too.

Why are there people who think rookies can help immediately

What Cuban meant is he wanted to trade for a worse pick so they would have slightly more money to pay Dwight. LOL at that plan.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I don't click on any link I can't watch silently on the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Camping.. Intense! posted:

KD is a weird dude.

I think you pretty much have it.

Gay can play the 3 or the 4, but that was pre Achilles injury. He did post on Twitter that he will have an epic comeback and people don't lie on the internet.

• Locked thread