Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dienes posted:

I'm sad that they didn't find a way to add mashed potatoes to it.

Crust is stuffed with mashy p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

does that make it a sandwich

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Elizabethan Error posted:

does that make it a sandwich

Yes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just tried natto at a restaurant in Asia. It's not as gross as I feared but if never put it near my mouth again. Verdict is "mildly gross".

E. To clarify I just ate a small forkful. It might be tolerable as an ingredient in something else, hidden under a shitload of rice and grilled meat.

CommonShore has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jul 12, 2017

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I think you're supposed to eat natto with rice, but it's still kind of bad either way.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Also chopsticks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I think you're supposed to eat natto with rice, but it's still kind of bad either way.

Only old people and tourists eat natto.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Have you eaten your bowl of fried spiders today?

no, I have Not

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lime Tonics posted:

I would like to think that those spiders hatched from that plate of eggs to the right

fry daddy longlegs

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I would eat the spiders!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They must sell a lot of spiders a day or else they must keep well because this seems like a volume business

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Spider tastes pretty good, but the chitin is a bit of a weird chewy/crunchy combo. Kinda like a softer eggshell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Like softshell crab?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Lime Tonics posted:

I see that the spider bakery from Undertale really took off.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The real problem with adding the broth to the phoritto is that pho broth improves markedly the longer it's in the bowl mingling with all the ingredients. Chugging that poo poo at the end is superior to the initial sips.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Lime Tonics posted:

:stonk: Alright, gently caress that. I mean... just... gently caress that. I've been reading this thread for a long time and that picture made me go temporarily insane.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Honestly, I gagged more when watching that video where the lady poured an entire can of condensed milk into a "salad".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Palpek posted:

Honestly, I gagged more when watching that video where the lady poured an entire can of condensed milk into a "salad".

One of my friends made that Simply Sarah pasta salad. It was super sweet, but not that bad actually. I've definitely eaten worse food. One time my old roommate tried to make split pea soup by throwing sliced deli ham, three cans of peas (didn't drain them), can of chicken noodle soup, condensed cream of mushroom, and half a High Life into a big pot. Since he used literally all the food we had in the house we had to eat it or go hungry for a day or two. I had three bites and decided hunger and beer was the way to go.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:stonk: Alright, gently caress that. I mean... just... gently caress that. I've been reading this thread for a long time and that picture made me go temporarily insane.

That was one of the worst things I have ever seen and I've been on the interwebs since web1.0 gently caress

I am nauseated from it. Phobias loving suck.

Please do not post lots of giant spider images ITT without a link and label, I beg you.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Solice Kirsk posted:

One of my friends made that Simply Sarah pasta salad. It was super sweet, but not that bad actually. I've definitely eaten worse food. One time my old roommate tried to make split pea soup by throwing sliced deli ham, three cans of peas (didn't drain them), can of chicken noodle soup, condensed cream of mushroom, and half a High Life into a big pot. Since he used literally all the food we had in the house we had to eat it or go hungry for a day or two. I had three bites and decided hunger and beer was the way to go.

The thing about Simply Sara is that she's not a "bad" cook, she just uses way too much of everything. Like, all of things she makes are technically edible, they just took a wrong turn on the way to flavortown.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Solice Kirsk posted:

One time my old roommate tried to make split pea soup by throwing sliced deli ham, three cans of peas (didn't drain them), can of chicken noodle soup, condensed cream of mushroom, and half a High Life into a big pot. Since he used literally all the food we had in the house we had to eat it or go hungry for a day or two. I had three bites and decided hunger and beer was the way to go.
This is my favorite post of this page, oh my god. :laffo:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

The Bloop posted:

That was one of the worst things I have ever seen and I've been on the interwebs since web1.0 gently caress

Please do not post lots of giant spider images ITT without a link and label, I beg you.

Being the kind-hearted person that I am, I immediately GISed "cooked giant spider" but apparently every photo of cooked spiders on the internet is that same pile from slightly different angles.

I'm horrified of live spiders and would run & scream like a girl if I ever saw something the size of a tarantula, but I'm still in the camp that would rather eat a spider than something by Simply Sara. Now if we could just get her to drench some spiders in mayo and sugar...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how these taste,

need a bathtub to boil um though...

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

hi gay, I'm dad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

sneakyfrog posted:

hi gay, I'm dad.

dad, gay, so what

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

AlbieQuirky posted:

dad, gay, so what

dont you talk to me or my son ever again?

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Chocolate cheesecake with tangerines

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lime Tonics posted:

I wonder how these taste,

need a bathtub to boil um though...

Well, they feast on people corpses (along with every other corpse they find)...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

tag your gore/pomegranates asswhipe

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Palpek posted:

Yeah, the spiderpile looks way more appetizing than most of the stuff posted in this thread, honestly. I'd at least try a few.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I had fried scorpions at a state fair once. They just tasted like crunchy oil and salt. I'd imagine big spiders like that would be meatier, but similar.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

"Chili Dogs I just bought from the vending machine at work. Bread was so dry on the ends of the bun I could break it off like crackers."

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I had some "Hawaiian blue herb tea" that tasted a tiny bit like weed and absolutely went from Berry Blue to Purplesaurus Rex color with one lemon squeeze. It was an actual tea, though, not goddamn cabbage juice. :mad:

e: Okay, it was technically a tisane. As is this, I suppose. But still. :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love potato salad. That is potato salad right?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it is some kind of salad, yes

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hirayuki posted:

I had some "Hawaiian blue herb tea" that tasted a tiny bit like weed and absolutely went from Berry Blue to Purplesaurus Rex color with one lemon squeeze. It was an actual tea, though, not goddamn cabbage juice. :mad:

e: Okay, it was technically a tisane. As is this, I suppose. But still. :mad:

I missed the first bit, and wondered what the issue was. Then it started over again and I frowned.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Booger-dipped fried chicken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Hurry up and eat that drumstick before it completely turns to stone!