Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Hollismason posted:

They probably denied it on purpose so he could look good.

Bragging about how they made a kind exception to their own stupid law would be business as usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

Trey Gowdy

In the cool timeline, Clinton making Gowdy sweaty during an 11 hour hearing won her the election.

In the ultra cool timeline Clinton destroyed Gowdy's hair like in 3-1 of the 3rd Ace Attorney game.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

The deciding factor for me is the multiple times he's wandered around in complete confusion in the middle of an event. I just can't buy that anyone is that good of an actor. The morals of Nixon in the mind of Reagan.
I feel like you're underestimating Reagan (Yeah, guy was losing his mind, but still played a decent politic) while also severely overestimating the man's morals.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/885334734859120640
These words sound the same therefore

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I wonder if Mueller has this poo poo on a deadman switch.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Incompetent

Incontinent

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Go nuts folks

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Elotana posted:

Go nuts folks

Post this to gbs

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
first thing that came to mind :effort:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

:effort:

I need to get photoshop again.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

"Well you see, since I ended up meeting Chris Hansen and some undercover cops instead of an underage girl, I'm free to go :smug:"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mezzanine posted:

first thing that came to mind :effort:

Would be funnier if it was in Russian.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

First thing that came to mind and too lazy to think of something else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dietrich posted:

:effort:

I need to get photoshop again.

Hail Satan!!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Incredibly :effort: but

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

I'll show you :effort:!!

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

mdemone posted:

I think I agree that Putin did not expect Trump to win (largely because intel suggests that Sechin among others said that explicitly to Erovinkin), but I still can't get rid of the worst-case scenario in my mind and its name is Sequoia AVC Edge.

So here's something that is a bit more fun than voting machines I think. we knew before the election that Russia was targeting voter data in states such as Florida. There were issues with faulty ballots mailed to some Broward County residents before the election. Anyways post election we find that in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, Florida's vote by mail was a little problematic. Statewide in Florida, excluding those two counties, about 17% of requested mail-in ballots were unreturned. In Broward and Miami-Dade that rate was about 28% and 25% respectively.

The fun thing is that it's not just those two counties that have interesting results. Statewide there is a weak but significant positive correlation between how well Trump did in a county and the percentage of registered Republicans who returned their mail-in ballots. This makes sense, places where Trump did better Republican voters mailed in their ballots. On the other hand there is a weak but significant negative correlation between how well Clinton did in a county and the percentage of registered democrats who returned their ballots. The better Clinton did in a county fewer the registered Democrats returned their ballots.

Interestingly enough in nine counties registered Democrats return their ballots at a greater clip than registered Republicans. Those nine counties are predominantly located in northwestern Florida, typically have relatively large numbers of registered Democrats, but on average Trump won with 75% of the vote. Is it Hillary's fault? On average Marco Rubio received 73% of the vote in those counties.

This is just speculation on my part as I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'm guessing that whether or not someone's mail-in ballot was counted is highly correlated with race.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Stephen Colbert is a national treasure.

I know, I know, people don't want any more celebrities taking up the mantle of president, but man, that dude is a smart, and compassionate cookie. I'd rather him than loving Zuckerburg or The Rock if we're going full blown Idiocracy.

Hollismason posted:

They probably denied it on purpose so he could look good.
you're giving them faaaaaar too much credit.

cr0y posted:

I wonder if Mueller has this poo poo on a deadman switch.
Mueller is an extremely competent man. He's probably got half a dozen backups spread all over the loving place set to begin leaking the moment he gets fired, which is looking more and more likely.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Simplex posted:

So here's something that is a bit more fun than voting machines I think. we knew before the election that Russia was targeting voter data in states such as Florida. There were issues with faulty ballots mailed to some Broward County residents before the election. Anyways post election we find that in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, Florida's vote by mail was a little problematic. Statewide in Florida, excluding those two counties, about 17% of requested mail-in ballots were unreturned. In Broward and Miami-Dade that rate was about 28% and 25% respectively.

The fun thing is that it's not just those two counties that have interesting results. Statewide there is a weak but significant positive correlation between how well Trump did in a county and the percentage of registered Republicans who returned their mail-in ballots. This makes sense, places where Trump did better Republican voters mailed in their ballots. On the other hand there is a weak but significant negative correlation between how well Clinton did in a county and the percentage of registered democrats who returned their ballots. The better Clinton did in a county fewer the registered Democrats returned their ballots.

Interestingly enough in nine counties registered Democrats return their ballots at a greater clip than registered Republicans. Those nine counties are predominantly located in northwestern Florida, typically have relatively large numbers of registered Democrats, but on average Trump won with 75% of the vote. Is it Hillary's fault? On average Marco Rubio received 73% of the vote in those counties.

This is just speculation on my part as I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'm guessing that whether or not someone's mail-in ballot was counted is highly correlated with race.

As someone who voted by mail in Florida, this is riling up my blood.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Why fire Mueller when the GOP can just yell nothingburger

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Lightning Lord posted:

Why fire Mueller when the GOP can just yell nothingburger

Por que no los dos?

There's going to come a point where Trump decides that firing Mueller is the least bad option.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I would love to see Trump fire Mueller just to see McConnells face when he gets brought back by Congress.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Mueller is an extremely competent man. He's probably got half a dozen backups spread all over the loving place set to begin leaking the moment he gets fired, which is looking more and more likely.

As the investigation progresses the likelihood of Mueller’s firing becomes simultaneous more and less likely.

Schrödinger's counsel.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

FizFashizzle posted:

I live in Mark Meadows district.

A tape of the president watching prostitutes piss on a bed is going to be a tough pill to swallow, regardless of goon stereotypes of far right wing religious mountain folk.

"Religious mountain folk"... the mountainous areas of the United States are quite secular.

And Mark Meadows district is thousands of miles away from any mountains.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

OxySnake posted:

I would love to see Trump fire Mueller just to see McConnells face when he gets brought back by Congress.

"We've had multiple investigations working on this for months now and I haven't seen any evidence of a crime. While I don't agree with the president's actions, isn't it time to move forward as a country?" - every GOP senator when Mueller is fired.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

it'd be REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYY hard for the evangelical right to ignore that.

Trump has grabbed the evangelical right by the pussy. They'll support him no matter what because the presidency is the key to the supreme court; they can perform mental gymnastics so advanced that their brains may as well be entirely liquid.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Since we are in the dumbest timeline, someone named Barbara Ababoui is going to call a Trump family member saying she's from the New York Times and they're going to release the pee tape.

Then Trump admits to the pee tape on twitter.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What should I know about Wray from the congressional hearings and otherwise?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

"Religious mountain folk"... the mountainous areas of the United States are quite secular.

I was going to say something about this, but your red text told me all I need to know.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Lote posted:

Then Trump admits to the pee tape on twitter.

In fact, Trump will post the pee tape himself, saying that it's evidence that there is no pee tape

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
So Reddit just brought up this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/831141976737214464

Is that picture a blackmail warning to Trump & co?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

no pee tape, no pee tape, you're the pee tape

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

OctaMurk posted:

Trump has grabbed the evangelical right by the pussy. They'll support him no matter what because the presidency is the key to the supreme court; they can perform mental gymnastics so advanced that their brains may as well be entirely liquid.

Says who? Who said big hands powerful trump can do no wrong and can never lose his base? Stop ascribing bizarre powers to idiot trump, he's just a guy, he's not even that smart. He has supporters but he doesn't have some mystical power over them other politicians don't have on their base. He can lose his base like anyone can, even if he didn't as of July 2017.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Pictures of burgers.

These cocky fucks.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

How did you decide that making GBS threads on the Appalachians would be your gimmick? I think I'm just going to trash talk... I dunno, M&Ms until I get a custom title. gently caress M&Ms, not even a real candy.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mummy Xzibit posted:

The jar of piss direct middle of the pic.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

OctaMurk posted:

In fact, Trump will post the pee tape himself, saying that it's evidence that there is no pee tape

Trump is so sure the piss tape isn't real that he'll make a new piss tape in the Lincoln Bedroom to prove it wasn't done in Russia.

Or he'll go to Russia and have a hooker poo poo on his chest for $50, we're kinda 50/50 on it at this point.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Pictures of burgers.

These cocky fucks.

I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

If the piss tape was released, I'm sure the response would somehow be about Bill's infidelity and how Hillary is the real villain in this whole piss tape business.

Abner Assington posted:

I don't get it.

There's nothing to get, the post was a nothingburger.

• Locked thread