Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

All the white trash idiots in tech school loved that song. That's what I'll always associate it with, as well as an additional reason to hate it.

Girl: Hey Casimir this song is about Northern Michigan!
Me: I'm from Minnesota, not loving Michigan!

Someone, maybe here, once described the song as "the plane carrying Lynyrd Skynyrd crashed on Warren Zevon's grave and Kid Rock machine gunned the survivors as they crawled from the wreckage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Midjack posted:

Someone, maybe here, once described the song as "the plane carrying Lynyrd Skynyrd crashed on Warren Zevon's grave and Kid Rock machine gunned the survivors as they crawled from the wreckage."

:perfect:

gently caress Kid Rock, I've never liked that greasy douchebag.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

He might win if he ran on that

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I once saw him smoke crack with a bartender at a club I worked at. Race gets tight enough, I'll call up his campaign and see if they want to buy the story off of me.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Zeroisanumber posted:

I once saw him smoke crack with a bartender at a club I worked at. Race gets tight enough, I'll call up his campaign and see if they want to buy the story off of me.

That may backfire. "Well hot drat, he smokes crack just like me! I bet he knows what I want!"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

joat mon posted:

The only lawyers who can't refuse a case.

INTERIOR: A courthouse holding room in Washington D.C.

-A harried-looking PUBLIC DEFENDER barges into the room. His arms are full of bulging manila envelopes, file folders, and legal pads. His suit is wrinkled, and there are bags under his eyes. He has slept eight hours in the last two days. The PD pulls out a chair with his leg and slumps into the seat, allowing his files to spill across the table. He looks at them as a man might regard a sink of unwashed dishes. He does not spare a glance for his client, or look up from his paperwork as he rifles through it.

PD: "Five more hearings before lunch. I can do this."

-He seizes a seemingly identical file out of the stack.

PD: "OK, Ronald, the prosecutor wants to go for intent to distribute, but I think we can bargain down to a simple possession charge, and keep this to a misdo. Unfortunately, you still violated your parole..."

-The PD squints at the folder, then at a yellow legal pad. He takes his thumb and scrubs absentmindedly at the name on the file.

PD: "Sorry, Donald. Wrong file."

-He leafs through the stack in front of him.

PD: "...I can't seem to find yours. OK, can you tell me what you are being charged with, Mister..."

Donald Trump: "Mister President."

-The rallies of 2016 are a distant memory now, but the title still brings him satisfaction. Age and worry have blotched and wrinkled his face, but the famous coiffure remains in place, streaked now with undisguisable patches of grey.

DJT: "And I want you to know that this is very, very unfair. A total witch hunt. I want that on record."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Accurate except for probably 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

-The rallies of 2016 are a distant memory now, but the title still brings him satisfaction. Age and worry have blotched and wrinkled his face, but the famous coiffure remains in place, streaked now with undisguisable patches of grey.

DJT: "And I want you to know that this is very, very unfair. A total witch hunt. I want that on record."

Covfefe, let him reign

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dead Reckoning posted:

INTERIOR: A courthouse holding room in Washington D.C.

-A harried-looking PUBLIC DEFENDER barges into the room. His arms are full of bulging manila envelopes, file folders, and legal pads. His suit is wrinkled, and there are bags under his eyes. He has slept eight hours in the last two days. The PD pulls out a chair with his leg and slumps into the seat, allowing his files to spill across the table. He looks at them as a man might regard a sink of unwashed dishes. He does not spare a glance for his client, or look up from his paperwork as he rifles through it.

PD: "Five more hearings before lunch. I can do this."

-He seizes a seemingly identical file out of the stack.

PD: "OK, Ronald, the prosecutor wants to go for intent to distribute, but I think we can bargain down to a simple possession charge, and keep this to a misdo. Unfortunately, you still violated your parole..."

-The PD squints at the folder, then at a yellow legal pad. He takes his thumb and scrubs absentmindedly at the name on the file.

PD: "Sorry, Donald. Wrong file."

-He leafs through the stack in front of him.

PD: "...I can't seem to find yours. OK, can you tell me what you are being charged with, Mister..."

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nick Soapdish posted:

Went back to visit family in Michigan, right down the street from my brother and his family was a dude flying the stars and bars. Just didn't understand it one bit. I didn't remember it being like that growing up.

I grew up 20 min from traverse City, home of the Cherry festival, Michael Moore's resurrected state theater and this dumb poo poo.

Confederate flag-flying officer suspended

He later resigned, but go ahead and check out the comments.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A Bad Poster posted:

That may backfire. "Well hot drat, he smokes crack just like me! I bet he knows what I want!"

More crack? poo poo's hard to find with all the meth and heroin these days.

"Kid Rock Cocaine is looking out for you!"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*reading the 10,000th post about how rural people all voted for trump*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTg7pCrfDa8

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

orange juche posted:

Accurate except for probably 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.

With a 5-alarm hangover.

One of my canoe trip buddies was a public defender down in New Orleans. When I first heard that, I remember saying something like

"Wow, that must be really difficult. How do you deal with the stress from that?"

His answer was pretty blunt.

"I drink a lot, and smoke a lot of weed. We all do."

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

MA-Horus posted:

With a 5-alarm hangover.

One of my canoe trip buddies was a public defender down in New Orleans. When I first heard that, I remember saying something like

"Wow, that must be really difficult. How do you deal with the stress from that?"

His answer was pretty blunt.

"I drink a lot, and smoke a lot of weed. We all do."

Being a PD in New Orleans is about as tough as it gets for PDs.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

joat mon posted:

Being a PD in New Orleans is about as tough as it gets for PDs.

They had a documentary on PD's in New Orleans on BBC last year and they worked loving hard for absolutely poo poo wages. They seemed to get half their clients off on the basis that the local Constabulary were barely literate.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I have a family member who is a capital-case PD in Louisiana. He has strong opinions on LA thinking a 10-2 split jury is good enough to convict.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Parks and Rec's 2017 timeline was way better than this one we're in.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

I have a family member who is a capital-case PD in Louisiana. He has strong opinions on LA thinking a 10-2 split jury is good enough to convict.

Well 32-33 is good enough to elect a president in favor the person who has 32

sooooooooo

Checkmate

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TBeats posted:

Well 32-33 is good enough to elect a president in favor the person who has 32

sooooooooo

Checkmate

As a Californian, our votes shouldn't count, so really, you should be glad for the electoral college

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like the Keebler Klansman lied on his SF-86.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/885496390964715520

A transparency organization FOIAed his SF-86, DOJ blew the deadline, then DOJ only released one redacted page. Turns out, that's all that was needed to prove he lied about his foreign contacts :laugh:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
In non Agent Orange news, it looks like the police may have captured a serial killer where 4 men went missing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...n-went-missing/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Cadaver dogs found him in a grave 12 feet deep.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

A transparency organization FOIAed his SF-86, DOJ blew the deadline, then DOJ only released one redacted page. Turns out, that's all that was needed to prove he lied about his foreign contacts :laugh:

Deep state trolling him?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
GI bill doesn't expire anymore. Not sure if it impacts current vets or just new dummies who join.

https://twitter.com/suntimes/status/885495982661750784

Oh and because the rabbit hole can always get deeper:

https://twitter.com/jameswest2010/status/885262638715940864

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 13, 2017

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Didn't he already admit to this that he 'forgot'?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

KildarX posted:

Didn't he already admit to this that he 'forgot'?

Its why he recused himself from Russian investigations.

Its not new news that he lied on the SF-86. The only part thats news is him trying to ignore a court order and when someone pointed out that you REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT, he caved and released that redacted bullshit. Which may not be enough to honor the court order depending on what exactly was in it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its why he recused himself from Russian investigations.

Its not new news that he lied on the SF-86. The only part thats news is him trying to ignore a court order and when someone pointed out that you REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT, he caved and released that redacted bullshit. Which may not be enough to honor the court order depending on what exactly was in it.

That was because he lied to congress. We didn't know for sure that he lied on his SF-86 until now. That's a completely different :can:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Godholio posted:

Ms. Benie panics and gets quotes for new 13 foot pit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

This is why you're supposed to bury other smelly stuff about 3 feet down above the bodies. Not rocket science.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

psydude posted:

Rakka's 2017 timeline was way better than this one we're in.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie can't figure out what's on the record and what isn't on the record when talking to journalists :downs:

https://twitter.com/mlcalderone/status/885536109652058112

Donnie and Macron are about to hold a presser in Paris. Should be fun!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio posted:

good boys

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

If you haven't seen the updated health care bill... Its the same dumpster fire, just repainted the dumpster, paint is already bubbling and frying. Rand Paul and Collins already said no to it. CBO score expected Monday, Vote to move forward is rumored for Wed/Thursday.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Wait you are responsible to know everyone who your grown adult siblings and kids talk to for seven years?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

trumps talking now in paris

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

In non Agent Orange news, it looks like the police may have captured a serial killer where 4 men went missing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...n-went-missing/

Not a serial killer, a lunatic kid drug dealer trying to cover up witnesses of a crime his boss committed

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The SF-86 standard is true to the best of your knowledge IIRC. So if you're 50 and your 20 year old kid is gaming all the time with his foreign government-employed DOTA clan member and you don't know about it, probably not a big deal. If your adult kid works overseas doing foreign government contracts 6 months a year and you check "no" without even asking them, you're probably a dumbass.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

trumps talking now in paris

OH MY GOD THE FRENCH MEDIA JUST ASKED TRUMP ABOUT HIS MADE-UP FRIEND NAMED JIM

OMOGMOGMOGMGOGMGOMG

https://apnews.com/e18f254c4ac84e6bab4ceed56401cc65

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/885547756386996225

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 13, 2017

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wait you are responsible to know everyone who your grown adult siblings and kids talk to for seven years?

Yes. This form gets really fun when your sibling marries a foreign national who travels a lot.
:emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Healthcare bill still appears to be hosed in terms of vote count.

Collins is a confirmed no, Rand Paul is a confirmed no. A new no is Senator Rob Portman and a lot of other "moderates" are silent early. Graham and Cassidy have already introduced a completely different bill.

So McConnell has already lost the three votes he needed. Welp!

https://twitter.com/arogDC/status/885548551715139585

• Locked thread