Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, you're not wrong, but it's a little hosed up that the IWGP US champ is more important that the ROH world champion.

Eh. When you're dealing with a generational talent like Omega who has a rivalry brewing with the ROH champ, I think it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bushiroad buy roh

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

bushiroad buy roh

Why do you want New Japan to lose lots of money?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

VJeff posted:

Eh. When you're dealing with a generational talent like Omega who has a rivalry brewing with the ROH champ, I think it's fine.
Having a guy from another promotion go over their champ was a great look for ECW so yeah I think "fine" is the word I'd use

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo every promotion, especially WWE, should be clamoring for Okada to go over their champ. :colbert:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If Kenny feuds with Cody the former will go over

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

imo every promotion, especially WWE, should be clamoring for Okada to go over their champ. :colbert:

*holds up sign that says "OKADA FEARS ASUKA" and mugs for the camera*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

*holds up sign that says "OKADA FEARS ALEXA" and mugs for the camera*

Please try and stay on-brand, dromal.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
My Main Man Jeet the king of the dark match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
post the rest of the NXT taping

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"Whoever they want from CMLL" means whoever the CMLL office feels like sending because nobody in ROH knows CMLL which is why you end up with El Terrible instead of someone young and cool or someone old and legendary

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

anyway go Johnny Wrestling

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So for real what are the chances they do ReDRagon v. AoP? That'd be pretty awesome.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So for real what are the chances they do ReDRagon v. AoP? That'd be pretty awesome.
It would probably only happen because there are no other tag teams in NXT that AoP haven't beaten, and I'd much rather have seen ReDragon vs DIY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I mean RoH is gonna be having Kenny fuckin' Omega defending an IWGP title on their shows, so.

They're probably fine.

Sometime in October maybe. Apparently.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Sometime in October maybe. Apparently.

Wait what? Am I reading between these lines correctly? Or are you saying that's when Kenny is defending the title and this isn't doublespeak?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait what? Am I reading between these lines correctly? Or are you saying that's when Kenny is defending the title and this isn't doublespeak?

October is the date in the Observer. But it all sounds very indefinite and like Omega is waiting as long as possible to do it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well, just looking at the timeline here -- Kenny has G1 dates set through early August. Win or lose, he'll surely be pushed/protected and set up for a marquee match at King of Pro Wrestling, which happens in October. After that is the sprint build to WK12 in January.

I'm sure they'll make time for him to defend the US belt during that period, but it's hardly the "whenever they want" open schedule that ROHque was suggesting.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
According to the latest Observer, Kairi Sane's first match in the MYC will be against Tessa Blanchard.

That leaves me with a bad feeling because WWE loves their generational superstars, even though Tessa hasn't signed yet, iirc. Doesn't help that she (Tessa) has an incredibly awful attitude problem as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

According to the latest Observer, Kairi Sane's first match in the MYC will be against Tessa Blanchard.

That leaves me with a bad feeling because WWE loves their generational superstars, even though Tessa hasn't signed yet, iirc. Doesn't help that she (Tessa) has an incredibly awful attitude problem as well.

Meltzer walked back his claim that the elbow drop was banned. Didn't buy it. Kairi subtweeted that claim even.

I will say this about the MYC. Be prepared for a lot of initial disappointments. However your persistence through the bullshit decisions will be rewarded. Personally very disappointed in the choices of alternates and first round losers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Charlotte's evil twin debuted at tapings:

Jenna Von Muscles is her indie name

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I would legit love an Evil Twin gimmick in the year 2017, please do this, WWE.

(They won't, because they hate fun)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenna von Muscles is legit the best wrestling name I've ever heard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Asuka/Ember build still seems to weirdly be focusing on The Eclipse, and not Ember.

They way they've done this thing, if Peyton just learned to do The Eclipse she'd be the next champ.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The Asuka/Ember build still seems to weirdly be focusing on The Eclipse, and not Ember.

They way they've done this thing, if Peyton just learned to do The Eclipse she'd be the next champ.

"Heel is scared of babyface's awesome finishing move" is a pretty classic and basic story, though.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

brb changing my dumbass last name to loving "von Muscles"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Well, just looking at the timeline here -- Kenny has G1 dates set through early August. Win or lose, he'll surely be pushed/protected and set up for a marquee match at King of Pro Wrestling, which happens in October. After that is the sprint build to WK12 in January.

I'm sure they'll make time for him to defend the US belt during that period, but it's hardly the "whenever they want" open schedule that ROHque was suggesting.

ROH is basically running no events between the end of June and end of September.

There's one NC show, and like 3 dates in the UK, and that's about it for a 3 month stretch.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 13, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Reading the final spoilers for the NXT tapings, it comes across like the main in Brooklyn (assuming they don't put the women on last to try and sell Asuka's first real loss) is Roode/Drew/Roddy in a three-way?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

Reading the final spoilers for the NXT tapings, it comes across like the main in Brooklyn (assuming they don't put the women on last to try and sell Asuka's first real loss) is Roode/Drew/Roddy in a three-way?

I think the idea is Roddy is the next guy to get a title shot whoever wins between Drew and Roode.

Or maybe Drew/Roode in Brooklyn and a triple threat in Houston? Or gently caress it get Black in there and make it a fatal four way.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hope she gets a fisherwoman gimmick and repackaged as Jenna Von Mussels

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man shame KOR wasn't allowed to debut and sign earlier this year, probably would have avoided getting jobbed out on his first match.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa-Whatshername vs Charlotte- Mrs VON MUSCLES!: Crisis on infinite WWE.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She's like Charlotte and Dana's love child

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Man shame KOR wasn't allowed to debut and sign earlier this year, probably would have avoided getting jobbed out on his first match.

source?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

She's like Charlotte and Dana's love child

How about a cloning gimmick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mae Young Classic just started

Princesa Sugehit defeated Kay Lee Ray

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

why isn't it live? wtf

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Rovert was right again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Serena Deeb over Vanessa Borne
Shayna Baszler over Zeda (apparently Rousey was in the front row for this match)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Makes sense, Sugehit is the obvious choice to at least not go out first run if they're looking to keep attracting people from the bigs in Mexico.