Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gifting units is just a button you press during a fight to let them control a portion of your army, you can't actually hand them over stacks of troops permanently.

Oh right, yeah I heard about that. Haven't tried it yet since we've been reinforcing each other with our own stacks, but it sounds like a great feature :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

jokes posted:

Demigryph Knights are never not the solution to the Empire's problems.

They are not the answer when steam tanks are the answer and steam tanks are always the answer

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Are there any mods that make the campaign map movement UI less of a micromanagement execution nightmare? A few UI changes would make playing so much more enjoyable and reduce the amount of stupid execution mistakes that cost precious turns. Like letting you disable marching mode if you haven't moved far enough to exceed your normal movement distance. Some way to see how much of your movement a command will take, so you don't have to inch across the map if you want to save movement for a stance change, like having the movement bar flashing the amount of your movement giving a command to the current cursor location will take or marking the 25//50/75 breakpoints on the movement distance indicator field thingy. And letting you move your 25 or whatever % while encamped, so you don't have to do the move a bit, encamp, end turn, move a bit, encamp dance, if you want to move and replenish in hostile territory.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The movement indicator already shows exactly what you're asking for here.

Oo Koo posted:

Are there any mods that make the campaign map movement UI less of a micromanagement execution nightmare? A few UI changes would make playing so much more enjoyable and reduce the amount of stupid execution mistakes that cost precious turns. Like letting you disable marching mode if you haven't moved far enough to exceed your normal movement distance. Some way to see how much of your movement a command will take, so you don't have to inch across the map if you want to save movement for a stance change, like having the movement bar flashing the amount of your movement giving a command to the current cursor location will take or marking the 25//50/75 breakpoints on the movement distance indicator field thingy. And letting you move your 25 or whatever % while encamped, so you don't have to do the move a bit, encamp, end turn, move a bit, encamp dance, if you want to move and replenish in hostile territory.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Corrode posted:

The movement indicator already shows exactly what you're asking for here.

I must be blind then. What kind of indicator should I be on the lookout for?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Bottom left of the UI, there's a meter divided into quarters which empties as you move around (and also shows different movement allowance usage if you hold down right-click and move the mouse around).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oo Koo posted:

I must be blind then. What kind of indicator should I be on the lookout for?

Bottom left, there's a semi-circular gauge around your general's portrait showing your movement allowance, with indicators for each 25%. Hold right-click and move the mouse around and it'll deplete according to how much that particular move will expend.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Bottom left, there's a semi-circular gauge around your general's portrait showing your movement allowance, with indicators for each 25%. Hold right-click and move the mouse around and it'll deplete according to how much that particular move will expend.

250 hours played and I did not know this :doh:

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Oh okay. I did know about the movement gauge, but didn't realize that I had to hold the button down to see the usage. I just thought that I had to move a bit, see how much movement it took, then move a bit again until I was sufficiently close to whatever threshold I wanted.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
There's a lot of little helpful UI features that sadly they don't explain.

Party elite's videos are good.

https://youtu.be/TAzA9FmP76U?list=PLwVftHdWAdHNOJ-PMquSZMVVAGWIq2TVQ

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Oo Koo posted:

Oh okay. I did know about the movement gauge, but didn't realize that I had to hold the button down to see the usage. I just thought that I had to move a bit, see how much movement it took, then move a bit again until I was sufficiently close to whatever threshold I wanted.

Yeah this is what I have been doing too, so many messed up turns where I manage to overshoot the threshold even while inching forward. I'll have to remember to hold right-click I guess.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Now, if could only learn to disable marching mode when I'm moving my armies into a position for a multi-stack attack or a siege, so I don't realize that none of my armies can attack once I've got them all set up around the enemy.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Dark Elves trailer is up my dudes

edit: link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sure am glad the trailer focuses on the wonderful and incredibly charismatic Warhammer characters and lore instead of giant armies duking it out

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

:byodood: "Moooooom, you're embarrassing me in front of the troops!"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

god drat dark elves are way more insufferable than I ever thought ahahaha

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Man they are really pushing the Malekith as Darth Vader thing huh?

Hydras look cool as hell at least.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

less Vader more Kylo Ren

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

less Vader more Kylo Ren

Malekith was probably originally screwed out of being king by trickery.

Everything he did after that happened proved whoever screwed him was completely right to do so.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Everything he did after that happened proved whoever screwed him was completely right to do so.

lmao

given what I know of games workshop, they probably made him like "HE WAS THE CORRECT KING ALL ALONG" in the end and now elves were just supposed to follow this rear end in a top hat, right?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dead comedy forums posted:

lmao

given what I know of games workshop, they probably made him like "HE WAS THE CORRECT KING ALL ALONG" in the end and now elves were just supposed to follow this rear end in a top hat, right?
Welcome to the joys of End Time bullshit.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So are dark elves chaos aligned or just some whiny kids who are mad because mom wouldn't let them go outside dressed all emo

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

dead comedy forums posted:

lmao

Thats exactly what happened in the end times/AOS, cos Gav Thorpe is a twerp.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

So are dark elves chaos aligned or just some whiny kids who are mad because mom wouldn't let them go outside dressed all emo

Shades of Chaos in certain factions, but they worship the same gods as the rest of the elves, emphasis on the god of murder Khaine. Malekiths mammy there is probably the pre eminent slaaneshi cultist in the lore.

Southpaugh fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 13, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Both. But mostly the second thing. Also Mom's the one that keeps buying the black lipstick & kinky leather.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Bit of both. Officially they're just assholes, but the Cult of Slaanesh is a thing that's never been stamped out.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Dark Elf roster reveal is Friday. I look forward to turbo nerds complaining that x unit isn't in the game, and CA has completely ruined the Dark Elves.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Luminous Cow posted:

Dark Elf roster reveal is Friday. I look forward to turbo nerds complaining that x unit isn't in the game, and CA has completely ruined the Dark Elves.

How many Charlegmanes?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That was perfect dark elves. Can't wait.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Welcome to the joys of End Time bullshit.

Southpaugh posted:

Thats exactly what happened in the end times/AOS, cos Gav Thorpe is a twerp.

astounding quality

Creative Assembly is doing a much better work with the license haha

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I hope you can force high elf subfactions to confederate to you.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dark Elfs are so lame and emo looking I can't wait to murder them and murder as them.

I wonder if Morathi gets any cool Slaaneshi things.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda disliked the dark elf concept but jesus they're so over the top black metal edgelords that i now want to play as them.

Mostly because they're yet another faction that you can kill elves with.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Mans posted:

I kinda disliked the dark elf concept but jesus they're so over the top black metal edgelords that i now want to play as them.

Every loss you take is just another elf killed. It's perfect.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mans posted:

As a rule of thumb, the EVIL factions in Warhammer Fantasy look like black metal album covers - Chaos, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cythereal posted:

As a rule of thumb, the EVIL factions in Warhammer Fantasy look like black metal album covers - Chaos, Vampire Counts, and Dark Elves.

The Vampire Counts used to look more like proper hammer horror draculas until Manfred decided to shave his head, try to talk like he had throat cancer, and wear a clamshell so that people wouldn't think he was such a weenie.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194 posted:

The Vampire Counts used to look more like proper hammer horror draculas until Manfred decided to shave his head, try to talk like he had throat cancer, and wear a clamshell so that people wouldn't think he was such a weenie.

And then Vlad gave his son a swirlie, yes.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Mod recommendations for the original anyone? Bought the game and loving it, I remember reading about that no offensive agents bit and figured that would be a good start.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Benagain posted:

Mod recommendations for the original anyone? Bought the game and loving it, I remember reading about that no offensive agents bit and figured that would be a good start.

Install Radious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Dark Elves are a vehicle for High Elf murder, and therefore Cool and Good.

• Locked thread