Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

I suppose it's possible KD was playing up the anger for laughs, but if he was whoo boy is he bad at selling it.

If he's bad at selling fake angry wouldn't that mean he's actually really good at selling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Henchman of Santa posted:

If he's bad at selling fake angry wouldn't that mean he's actually really good at selling it?

touche.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

I'd love to be a white nerd who hangs out with LBJ and the artist formerly known as enormous baby

That guy ain't no nerd he looks almost as tall as Lebron and has muscle on him too.

Smh you guys never play pick up the goofy looking white kid who's 6'6 is always the best baller on the court

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheKevman posted:

Are you serious?

It provides food and entertainment to people like you who think he had no clue.

Tomorrow every ESPN show will talk about it from First Take to PTI to ATH to SC6 to whatever else ESPN badly needs to fill. It's the lowest of low hanging fruit.

It was a funny joke to begin with but watching everyone else think it's real and he had no clue is the funniest part

Lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

That guy ain't no nerd he looks almost as tall as Lebron and has muscle on him too.

Smh you guys never play pick up the goofy looking white kid who's 6'6 is always the best baller on the court

No I have in fact never played with Gordon Hayward

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

I have a revelation for you: that goofy looking white kid is still a nerd. That guy in the picture is a nerd. Gordon Hayward is a loving nerd.

Nerds can still muscular and have money.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

I have a revelation for you: that goofy looking white kid is still a nerd. That guy in the picture is a nerd. Gordon Hayward is a loving nerd.

poo poo they can? gently caress

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it just proves that LeBron is the GOAT when his white guy practice dummy is young and in shape looking when Embiid and Simmons get their reps in with short fat old white guys

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also that dude is absolutely not almost as tall as Lebron. Lebron still has half a head on him even though he's slumped way over and the dude is sitting up. Look at how far out their knees extend while sitting as well. Thus concludes my over analysis on the dude who gets to hang out with Lebron freaking James

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

leftist heap posted:

poo poo they can? gently caress

Look at my biceps...!

Intruder posted:

Also that dude is absolutely not almost as tall as Lebron. Lebron still has half a head on him even though he's slumped way over and the dude is sitting up. Look at how far out their knees extend while sitting as well. Thus concludes my over analysis on the dude who gets to hang out with Lebron freaking James

Stop obsessing over me. I told you I was the white dude. I may or may not talk about myself in the third person....

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Look at my biceps...!

Stop obsessing over me. I told you I was the white dude. I may or may not talk about myself in the third person....

i'm looking at your bulge-cep :gay:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stop obsessing over me.

Never

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

It wasn't staged. Stop it.

Just look at his eyes. And the way he looks over to Russel.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who cares

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Are you guys talking about the Sacha Baron Cohen putting his butt in Eminem's face thing? Eminem the entertainer who started his career making novelty rap tunes with lyrics like "I tie a rope to my penis and jump out of a tree," that Eminem having a part in a bit of clearly scripted physical comedy? That's the parallel y'all see there?

if he got "approval" it probably went like this:
ESPN people: Hey KD do you mind if we give Peyton a line about you switching teams
KD: (sweating, completely shook, unable to say no) no um go ahead I like jokes ha ha ha I can laugh at myself
KD later: (gets his feelings hurt anyways)

If a nerd can be huge (looking only slightly short next to those two dudes means he's probably well over 6 feet) muscular and athletic, hang out easily and play sports with famous athletes does Nerd even mean anything anymore!?

Hey guys Nerds can be outgoing extroverts who are strong and coordinated and bad at math

edit: edit

edit: I hope you folks respect the Geek and Nerd Venn diagram where one can play videogames and eat snacks and be a general unstylish goober without possessing any great capacity for academics.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 13, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Do you also think KD designed that cupcake ring hat himself, got it produced himself, told himself it was a good idea to wear it around in public and did so before receiving any positive feedback on it from his circle of friends ?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Anime is good, albeit rarely. "Slam Dunk" is one of my favorites. Imagine a Japanese Rodman trying to learn how to play basketball in order to win a girl's heart and then falling in love with the game. Friendships and rivalries are built and rims are dunked on.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to know if the Melo thing is done yet ffs

Kibner posted:

Anime is good, albeit rarely. "Slam Dunk" is one of my favorites. Imagine a Japanese Rodman trying to learn how to play basketball in order to win a girl's heart and then falling in love with the game. Friendships and rivalries are built and rims are dunked on.

Like we wears drag and kicks cameramen and writes "I'm sorry please let me play" on his towel?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Please make "food and entertainment to people like you" the new thread title TIA

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Are you guys talking about the Sacha Baron Cohen putting his butt in Eminem's face thing? Eminem the entertainer who started his career making novelty rap tunes with lyrics like "I tie a rope to my penis and jump out of a tree," that Eminem having a part in a bit of clearly scripted physical comedy? That's the parallel y'all see there?

if he got "approval" it probably went like this:
ESPN people: Hey KD do you mind if we give Peyton a line about you switching teams
KD: (sweating, completely shook, unable to say no) no um go ahead I like jokes ha ha ha I can laugh at myself
KD later: (gets his feelings hurt anyways)

If a nerd can be huge (looking only slightly short next to those two dudes means he's probably well over 6 feet) muscular and athletic, hang out easily and play sports with famous athletes does Nerd even mean anything anymore!?

Hey guys Nerds can be outgoing extroverts who are strong and coordinated and bad at math

edit: edit

edit: I hope you folks respect the Geek and Nerd Venn diagram where one can play videogames and eat snacks and be a general unstylish goober without possessing any great capacity for academics.

Where do dorks, dweebs and lameazoids fit into this?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

EvanTH posted:

one can play videogames and eat snacks and be a general unstylish goober without possessing any great capacity for academics.

That's a dork.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

One of the great epidemics of our time is the attempted blurring of that nerd line. You've got normal people who think because they jailbroke their iphone once, tell their grandma what the right charging cable is, and like the new Star Wars and Marvel movies that they are nerds. You've got nerds who think because they go to the gym and have a tub of protein powder at their desk and walk around with a shaker bottle that they are jocks. Such a shameful situation in this day and age

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Intruder posted:

Like we wears drag and kicks cameramen and writes "I'm sorry please let me play" on his towel?

No, more the defense and rebounding only thing, sadly. He is also a street punk. I think he gets in some fights? It's been a few years since I last watched it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Lonzo going to tank his own brand?
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/885358575480066048

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

One of the great epidemics of our time is the attempted blurring of that nerd line. You've got normal people who think because they jailbroke their iphone once, tell their grandma what the right charging cable is, and like the new Star Wars and Marvel movies that they are nerds. You've got nerds who think because they go to the gym and have a tub of protein powder at their desk and walk around with a shaker bottle that they are jocks. Such a shameful situation in this day and age

We really need to implement the caste system.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This is some real 4D brand chess goddamn.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Kibner posted:

If LeBron James was a Dragon Ball which would he be??

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Lonzo Ball is winning me over.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Goku of course. Durant is Vegeta.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Goku of course. Durant is Vegeta.

those aren't dragon balls

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

leftist heap posted:

those aren't dragon balls

Each Dragon ball has names now? This poo poo is confusing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Based on my high accurate observations, I estimate that roughly 95% of all BBB revenue comes from 10-12 year old kids buying BBB shirts and hats

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Each Dragon ball has names now? This poo poo is confusing.

anime is anything but straightforward

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

leftist heap posted:

Well he's not one, not two, not three...

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Wait, has Lonzo ever worn the Ball shoes? I thought there were none to begin with, until November?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Well he's not one, not two, not three...

:golfclap:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Femur posted:

Wait, has Lonzo ever worn the Ball shoes? I thought there were none to begin with, until November?

He wore them for the first couple of games, where he shot 2 for 300

He put on new shoes and scored 36

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

WhyteRyce posted:

Based on my high accurate observations, I estimate that roughly 95% of all BBB revenue comes from 10-12 year old kids buying BBB shirts and hats

When I think of people with a lot of disposable income I think of 10-12 year olds.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

leftist heap posted:

Shenlong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

leftist heap posted:

Mods

• Locked thread