Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

oliwan posted:

lol did froome lose yellow there?

He did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
And, hell, I'm glad.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Holy poo poo!

froome still gonna win after the ITT right? :smithicide:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait is cycling good again? I'm confused??

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Aru would need about a minute.

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013
I hope this is the start of Landa rioting and just leaving Froome behind when he can, but probably not.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Good thing there is 1 more summit finish left!

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Landa is a statue. Absolutely zero upper body movement on these climbs.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tuiri posted:

I hope this is the start of Landa rioting and just leaving Froome behind when he can, but probably not.

Only reason he went then was try try and steal time bonuses, he was still helping Froome when it was clear he was dropping back

Tuiri
Jun 9, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Only reason he went then was try try and steal time bonuses, he was still helping Froome when it was clear he was dropping back

You're probably right there, but still I can dream.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Astana have no way of defending 6 seconds, it's not going to last long

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Landa was on a sunday club run while everyone else was on the limit, would love to see his full potential

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Both Bennett and Uran fined 20" for late feeding meanwhile Bardet gets off.

https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status/885532420908474368

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No bias at the tour though.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Statement from Christian Prudhomme on the controversial penalties just came in: "When ze seagulls follow ze trawler, it's because zey zink sardines will be zrown into ze sea"

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Skarsnik posted:

Astana have no way of defending 6 seconds, it's not going to last long

Sure, but after today's finish there's no guarantee that Froome will be the one to take it back.

Also pretty interesting reading today's new posts after having already watched the finish. Sky keep the tempo high enough that we're just watching a different type of race unfold. Unfortunately it's not as interesting to watch

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

No bias at the tour though.

It's comical how blatant they've been this year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

accipter posted:

Both Bennett and Uran fined 20" for late feeding meanwhile Bardet gets off.

https://twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status/885532420908474368

Uh you can take bottles from the public anywhere

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
then the rule is surely pointless as you could just dress the team dogsbody in a black t-shirt and have them hand out bottles whenever the hell you want

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Didn't Sky get handed musettes at the bottom of the climb? Is there no penalties for that or was it early enough?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm watching the final 15 km now and holy poo poo: Fuglsang rode with a broken wrist and elbow? Dang

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Havana Affair posted:

Didn't Sky get handed musettes at the bottom of the climb? Is there no penalties for that or was it early enough?

Final climb (or rather, the Peyresourde) started at roughly 14km to go, so those musettes should be ok.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Vando posted:

then the rule is surely pointless as you could just dress the team dogsbody in a black t-shirt and have them hand out bottles whenever the hell you want

What is a dogsbody? Speak english please

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

African AIDS cum posted:

And preferably not the Queen's English.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

hes suggesting a team soigneur would dress as a rando member of the public to hand out food + water after the cut off.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vando posted:

You can do anything as long as you don't get caught.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Nice to see Bennett doing well. I got to race against him in amateur hour here in colorado a few months ago.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Turns out the guy that gave Uran his bottle wasn't actually part of the official cannondale team and was just a marketing guy watching the race. The UCI's repspone was that they didn't care if he wasn't a member of the team, they could have been given a bottle from a child and the penalty would still stand.

Lmao.

Look at this poo poo

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaughters-tour-shouldnt-come-down-to-water-bottles-and-incompetence/

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Withnail posted:

Nice to see Bennett doing well. I got to race against him in amateur hour here in colorado a few months ago.

Yeah good on him. It feels strange to be watching a NZer being able to keep up with the top guys for like 95% of a stage, hopefully as he gets older he can make it more like 100%, he's aready shown he can do well with the TOC win.

Maybe I should eat my words after saying that the tour is pretty much done. It's only 6 seconds but Froome looked kind of hosed on that last climb, if the other guys have the balls to make an attack that puts some good time in then he will hopefully lose.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Turns out the guy that gave Uran his bottle wasn't actually part of the official cannondale team and was just a marketing guy watching the race. The UCI's repspone was that they didn't care if he wasn't a member of the team, they could have been given a bottle from a child and the penalty would still stand.

Lmao.

Look at this poo poo

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vaughters-tour-shouldnt-come-down-to-water-bottles-and-incompetence/

"Second phone call we send him the slow-motion video of Bardet taking a feed. His second response is that he can't tell if Bardet is drinking out of the bottle or not. George Bennett took a feed from the exact same people as Bardet. The UCI then told us that it didn't matter because it wasn't from a team official. They completely reverted."

lol

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

The penalties for Uran and Bennett have just been reverted...

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So they're willing to let people off just so they don't have to penalise a French guy in France, amazing

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:france: Happy early Bastille Day!

This short, late stage is tripping up my inner shitposting watch. I'm actually getting things done, ugh

e: lol I just realized that it IS in fact Bastille Day

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Messyass posted:

Lmao unbelievable

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Messyass posted:

That's just hilarious

Still can't believe no one attacked when Froome did his lemming imitation

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 14, 2017

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Fuglsang still riding for some reason

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He really wants those points.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Voeckler attacking at km 0 :france:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Fuglsang's already getting dropped again. He's not gonna make the time cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Smirr posted:

Fuglsang's already getting dropped again. He's not gonna make the time cut.

He is one tough mother for even attempting to make it.