Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sick of Pubg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't been watching the last few because it's a boring game to watch. Playing it is fun though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think pubg content peaked with Vinny's car rampage. Other then that it's like watching someone who is terrible at the game try to play isaac over and over again never completing the first floor

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
watching PUBG being played expertly is really awesome, the giant bomb streams not so much. i like having em playing in the background though

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i liked the bits in the best ofs but yeah an entire hour or whatever of it seems bad

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tender Bender posted:

It's probably the worst thing he's done

i'm not disagreeing but i'm also not ready to pronounce this as the worst Dan Thing because there's just been so much over the years

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this pubg stream they actually tried to do good and then did good so it was better i thought

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno about the Bombcast but Waypoint is well past the time where they don't realize that the fun they're having with PUBG doesn't really translate into good listening week after week.

mp5 posted:

i'm not disagreeing but i'm also not ready to pronounce this as the worst Dan Thing because there's just been so much over the years

That's true, gotta leave that door open.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Waypoint has a podcast? Why would you subject yourself to that?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's pretty good, to me

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I like that waypoint includes(included?) audio versions of all their articles. Haven't been to the site in months but I thought that was a unique feature.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
How much of each episode is spent brainstorming Overwatch fanfiction?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Waypoint the site is whatever but it's a good podcast. Austin and Rob are both top tier, Danielle is good, Patrick is terrible.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

evryone on th podcast other than patrick is good, i mostly listn to the ones where patrick's not there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I heard a big Austin laugh during one of the E3 shows and got whimsical

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

Waypoint the site is whatever but it's a good podcast. Austin and Rob are both top tier, Danielle is good, Patrick is terrible.

ya

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm okay with never hearing Patrick's voice again

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

We've passed the event horizon where Jeff's annual E3 burn isn't worth having to listen to him the rest of the segment

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

:same:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I heard a big Austin laugh during one of the E3 shows and got whimsical

:cabot:

Soral
May 30, 2009

i never want to watch someone play or listen to someone talk about pubg ever again

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Patrick posted a story about how he almost got someone fired a while ago because they leaked information to him and asked him not to report it right away, and he promptly told the rest of his office, who immediately reached out to Sony for comment.

quote:

Our conversation eventually touched upon the idea of breaking the news that Barlog was leaving, and while my source didn't have a problem with me using the information, he wanted me to wait a few weeks. Emotions were raw within Sony Santa Monica, and having this break into the open, which would immediately invite speculation about why he was leaving, which would make things worse. My source asked me to sit on the news because using it earlier could put them at risk. I agreed; I was playing by their rules, not mine.

I ended up casually mentioning the news to a few people in the office, discussing what it means for Sony and God of War, and letting them know we'd have a pretty cool scoop to break in the near future. Not long after, I got pulled into a meeting. When it was over, I'd been told that we got confirmation from Sony that Barlog was leaving and we could run a story. Sony had sent over a statement, which means it was official, not a sourced rumor.

What the gently caress?

I hadn't authorized anyone to reach out to Sony. In fact, that's the opposite of what my sourced had asked. With a mixture of confusion, anger, and realizing the cat was fully out of the bag, I took the statement from Sony and began to write a story.

quote:

We spoke over the phone several times that evening. I tried to reassure them everything would be fine, that companies threaten to search network traffic all the time, but it doesn't usually amount to anything. (I was making that up. I had no idea.) This would all blow over.

What an rear end in a top hat

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Tender Bender posted:

Patrick posted a story about how he almost got someone fired a while ago because they leaked information to him and asked him not to report it right away, and he promptly told the rest of his office, who immediately reached out to Sony for comment.

What an rear end in a top hat

Goddamn it. He's a narc too?

I thought Vice had a rule. If you haven't done cocaine at least once you can't work there. Patrick is the type of dude that calls the cops if he smells weed in the hallway of a cheap hotel.

Dr. Walker, if you are reading this. Jettison that rear end wipe.

Edit: Mods please rename this to the thread to the "Patrick Klepek Hate Station."

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 14, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely not

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

In Training posted:

Absolutely not

Well, I'll start my own thread, with cocaine, and black jack, and hookers!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Well, I'll start my own thread, with cocaine, and black jack, and hookers!

The antonym of a good post.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

ArfJason posted:

The antonym of a good post.

I'll try harder next time I swear.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You're worse then Klepek.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this truly is the best and worst thread in imp zone

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Calm down.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[darkness split by a spotlight shining down on a slim, Rockabilly hairdo and fixed gap teeth]

Good evening. I'm Motherfucker Mike. Now, some of you may be wondering- "What is this cat up to? What's his plan tonight?" No plan. No jokes. Just a serious discussion on this countries borders and the safety of its people. That's why I- *puts on Lets Make America Great Again hat* fully intend to express my rights as an American and vote for Trump. Because it's time we tell those assbags in congress: "You're Fired!"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://mixer.com/jeffgerstmann

jeff doing a late night stream

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Nah, Dan's a lovable goof. Not a terrible man child.

some bad opinions here

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

mp5 posted:

some bad opinions here

I'm pro dan and will be till I'm dead in the ground. Fight me.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm sure I'm not allowed to say this since I'm an objectively terrible poster but you should go to the podcast thread instead of this good one.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

youre definitely allowed to say that to that guy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

has abby been in any qls or just production still

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk but the Margeret and pitch shifted Dan was AAA content last week

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008