Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Y'all do know there's a Homestuck thread, right?

Yeah but it's bad.

How many demons has Allison killed so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah but it's bad.

How many demons has Allison killed so far?

Just one. She's got a lot of work ahead of her!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
one (1) devil headbutted to poo poo

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Who What Now posted:

Why would I want to read that instead of a quick explanation here?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 13, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

A true poster cuts the thread to fit the topic they desire. If you are going to switch threads you may as well be a noodle vendor.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Who What Now posted:

You know KSBD started as a comic being posted on the Homestuck forums right? And still takes inspiration from the reader submission format Homestuck used?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look all im saying is that Cio definitely has a trollsona

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

paranoid randroid posted:

Ciocie Cioela

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
im just glad that sweet beloved nepeta has entered our comic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ixjuvin posted:

im just glad that sweet beloved nepeta has entered our comic

welp shes definitely hosed now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"if you look up the word 'expendable' in the dictionary, it has a picture of Lucky Felicia playing with a ball of yarn next to it." - Abbadon Hussie

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Kill Six Billion Nepetas

And also me, because how could I even suggest doing such a thing to poor sweet dear sweet poor little Nepeta?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Reene posted:

You know KSBD started as a comic being posted on the Homestuck forums right? And still takes inspiration from the reader submission format Homestuck used?

Neither of those things make it Homestuck.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Anyone else notice that Cio's hair is getting longer and longer? Yabalchaoth's hair was pretty long, too...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

blastron posted:

Anyone else notice that Cio's hair is getting longer and longer? Yabalchaoth's hair was pretty long, too...

That's the whole point of her arc right now. She brought it up earlier; not wanting to be Yabalchoath is why she decided to stop thieving.

Allison has been bringing her addict friend into crack houses.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

wiegieman posted:

Allison has been brow beating her addict friend into helping her score coke.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like lucky felicia's maybe a little bit more competent than this thread gives her credit for. i dont think you lose an eye and gain a huge scar and know the devil oaths without either knowing what you're doing or learning a valuable lesson and going back to helping out at moms fried rubbery bits stand

i mean shes obviously in over her head but i disagree about the degree thereof

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

cio would definitely refuse to shut the gently caress up about quadrants

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
To be honest I half suspect Felicia is the door opener because she's actually an expert assassin and is going to take out one of the devils, who was only invited along because Oscar wanted them taken out and this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Comrade Gorbash posted:

To be honest I half suspect Felicia is the door opener because she's actually an expert assassin and is going to take out one of the devils, who was only invited along because Oscar wanted them taken out and this was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

It's poor sportsmanship for the DMPC to kill a PC, so if you're right then Felicia was invited by Oscar to take care of Cio (or, less likely, vise versa).

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 14, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I just like that this handpicked crew of experienced, immortal burglar-devils made it a whole 15 feet into Yre before getting freaked out by what they found.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tollymain posted:

i feel like lucky felicia's maybe a little bit more competent than this thread gives her credit for. i dont think you lose an eye and gain a huge scar and know the devil oaths without either knowing what you're doing or learning a valuable lesson and going back to helping out at moms fried rubbery bits stand

i mean shes obviously in over her head but i disagree about the degree thereof

I'm pretty sure losing body parts isn't more of a sign of competence in burglary than it is in, like, auto repair

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm pretty sure losing body parts isn't more of a sign of competence in burglary than it is in, like, auto repair

I mean, there's no good reason to lose body parts in most professions, but it's more of a hazard of doing good work in some fields than others

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 14, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pretty sure the only one that's a sign of good work in is eunuch, and I'd hesitate to call that a field

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

i dont think you lose an eye and gain a huge scar and know the devil oaths without either knowing what you're doing or learning a valuable lesson and going back to helping out at moms fried rubbery bits stand
Allison's Scandal score must be through the roof by this point.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

pretty sure the only one that's a sign of good work in is eunuch, and I'd hesitate to call that a field

Well, in a high-impact martial arts setting like this, you probably want a scarred hitman (for example) over a pristine one. A hitman with scars has been in actual fights and survived. A hitman with no scars is either so good as to be untouchable -- which is highly unlikely -- or hasn't actually killed anyone who could fight back.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I would play the poo poo out of a Throne-themed Fallen London.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Poltergrift posted:

Well, in a high-impact martial arts setting like this, you probably want a scarred hitman (for example) over a pristine one. A hitman with scars has been in actual fights and survived. A hitman with no scars is either so good as to be untouchable -- which is highly unlikely -- or hasn't actually killed anyone who could fight back.

You want the hitman who looks like he doesn't have any scars until he dramatically rips off his shirt to expose the wound he took from his greatest rival.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah, you want a scarred bodyguard or something, but not a scarred hitman. An assassin who has scars is an assassin who gets seen and caught, even if they also survive and get away. Generally not what you want.

For a bodyguard or warrior, though, the scars are good for the above reasons, and also, them taking hits means they're presumably not skipping out on their job, which is important, particularly in the case of the former; you want them to be willing to take hits for you.

That's more of a job requirement, really.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You wouldn't want to hire a warrior with a scarred face, because wounds on the head are far more likely to be debilitating.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Comrade Gorbash posted:

To be honest I half suspect Felicia is the door opener because she's full of human blood that needs to splashed aaaaall over the place to open the door.

Which would be a much more sensible answer to "why is there a human in a devil crew?"

She's clearly some rube Oscar hired who has just enough skill to not die before she's supposed to.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I feel like we're gonna find out soon, either way. Even with these drawn out fights, K6 has always moved at a pretty decent clip.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
We don't even know that she's missing the eye, she could just wear the eyepatch because she thinks it makes her look tougher. And I think it has something to do with the oath everyone took, and it's more of an indication that she screwed up her end of a previous contract.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

I just like that this handpicked crew of experienced, immortal burglar-devils made it a whole 15 feet into Yre before getting freaked out by what they found.

look theyre devils and all, sure, but the loving floor is trying to eat them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it occurs to me that if the Evil Gang here needs a blood sacrifice to open THE DOOR, wouldnt they be better served just buying an orphan from some chattel dealer than burning a (presumably) competent burglar? also, hiring people under false pretenses sounds like a real good way to blackballed by the underworld

i mean, theyre devils so maybe theyd do it just for shits and giggles. taking a job from a posse of dudes that eat humans to consumer their souls sounds like a bad plan no matter how you slice it.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 14, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I feel like, if you are a second story man/woman/non-binary mass of the Hot Black Flame in the K6BD universe, horrifying death traps and guardian beasts should not be a novelty in your life.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Which would be a much more sensible answer to "why is there a human in a devil crew?"

She's clearly some rube Oscar hired who has just enough skill to not die before she's supposed to.
Which is why I said "half suspect." Also the obvious explanation seems a bit on the nose for the way ABADDON has been writing this story. So I expect some kind of twist, I just don't know what part is going to defy expectations.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Take a good look at panel six here. Which one of those looks someone you could trust to take care of a soft, crying, human baby during your heist?

The journal entry for that page makes it pretty clear that everyone already knows that signing on to a devil job is a terrible idea... but there are always the foolhardy, the desperate, the insane, and those who value gold more than their own lives.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it occurs to me that if the Evil Gang here needs a blood sacrifice to open THE DOOR, wouldnt they be better served just buying an orphan from some chattel dealer than burning a (presumably) competent burglar? also, hiring people under false pretenses sounds like a real good way to blackballed by the underworld

i mean, theyre devils so maybe theyd do it just for shits and giggles. taking a job from a posse of dudes that eat humans to consumer their souls sounds like a bad plan no matter how you slice it.

look at this room if they straight up march 11 in there and only one comes back completely covered in other peoples' blood and possessions would anyone react beyond a shrug and a "yeah, sounds about right"

Dead Reckoning posted:

Take a good look at panel six here. Which one of those looks someone you could trust to take care of a soft, crying, human baby during your heist?
Cat Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Look, his name isn't Baby Master