Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Isn't an ape basically a real life furry

An animal that cna walk like a man

Does it get "too real" for the furries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
drat that Golden Road segment reminded me of the first roundabout they put in my county and immediately an elderly couple got confused by it and drove into a retention pond and died.

:lol:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was definitely one of the most consistently funny episodes. There wasn't a single great bit that stood out for me, but I was lolling out loud almost through the entire video.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Rich making Mike spit out his drink was pretty great.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rich was on fire today. Mike had nothing on him. That new wheel has given him powers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The wheel is the source of Richs powers

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I'll never fully understand why there is such a breadth of baffling poo poo that was put on home videos over the 80s and 90s. I wish I could find out more about the instructional video boom, it doesn't really seem comparable to the sort of stuff that would be popular on youtube today somehow.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There is way

WAY weirder poo poo on youtube

*watches 15hrs of man doing close up farting on anime figurines*

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zzulu posted:

There is way

WAY weirder poo poo on youtube

*watches 15hrs of man doing close up farting on anime figurines*

Well, anyone can make anything and throw it on youtube. These videos had much higher barriers of entry, video cameras weren't as widely available, they probably needed some kind of lovely production crew, they needed to get tapes, packaging and distribution and, I presume, they thought they had a market to aim to so they'd make money back. And despite all that they constantly barfed out baffling poo poo like telepathy with animals.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Watching the Canadians laugh uncomfortably at elderly jokes is the best loving thing ever and I can't wait for round 3.

Gildiss posted:

drat that Golden Road segment reminded me of the first roundabout they put in my county and immediately an elderly couple got confused by it and drove into a retention pond and died.

:lol:

lmao

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I hate the new wheel of the worse it ruins the joke by being all fancy and colorful plus the name is bad and plus it i horizontal so it takes up way to much space in the studio............... but it's not as bad as the plinketto board which is the worst thing rich has ever done in a long lifetime of horrible poo poo.........

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Instead of the wheel they should put all the tapes on the ground and put a blindfold on rich and spin him around 100 times and make him walk around until he steps on a tape.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Schweinhund posted:

Instead of the wheel they should put all the tapes on the ground and put a blindfold on rich and spin him around 100 times and make him walk around until he steps on a tape.

This is a great idea but how about we "spice it up" by instead of putting the tapes around him he is instead surrounded by pits full of dirty hypothermic needles and other medical waste haha!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Naked Rich evans oiled up and delitized, surrounded by bologna with a bologna tongue and bologna brain, foreverially crushing videotapes between his salami thighs

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
In a thousand years Rich will look exactly the same, squealing in delight over some horrible new holo-play as the wheel rots away, locked in a vault under his mansion.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a star war betamax posted:

This is a great idea but how about we "spice it up" by instead of putting the tapes around him he is instead surrounded by pits full of dirty hypothermic needles and other medical waste haha!

I like it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Well, anyone can make anything and throw it on youtube. These videos had much higher barriers of entry, video cameras weren't as widely available, they probably needed some kind of lovely production crew, they needed to get tapes, packaging and distribution and, I presume, they thought they had a market to aim to so they'd make money back. And despite all that they constantly barfed out baffling poo poo like telepathy with animals.

I agree, it's nuts that all of this stuff found distribution. Nowadays we assume that any idiot can find a platform, but you used to have put actual work into it, or at least be able to talk to a distributor and not scare them away with how weird you are.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

I want to see some guy get the ape fever

Ape fever is literally AIDS

Seventh Mode
Aug 29, 2012

Mode 7-style rendering was also used for the Special Stages in Sonic CD.
The more you know!

I hate the new wheel of the worse it ruins the joke by being all fancy and colorful plus the name is bad and plus it i horizontal so it takes up way to much space in the studio............... but it's not as bad as the plinketto board which is the worst thing rich has ever done in a long lifetime of horrible poo poo.........

The Wheel of Misfortune and Plinketto are both fantastic feats of comedic engineering.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah, I don't understand the dislike of the Plinketto board by anybody that's not having to actually use or obey the thing. It and the wheel are both very funny.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
-Canadians can't spin wheels
-ISIS and grandma
-Retardo
-bodyshaming Leo
-telepathic goldfish
-she was a Nazi I guess
-Stalin gorilla loving
-dog lie detectors
-zoo hostage negotiation
-Koko the skeptic

This was a golden episode

and that ending holy poo poo

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 13, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Don't forget "Mike and Jay laughing at the idea of old people dying horribly."

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Anyone else playing The End is Nigh, starring the voice of the internet's own Rich Evans?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

a new study bible! posted:

Anyone else playing The End is Nigh, starring the voice of the internet's own Rich Evans?

I was hoping that was his voice. Saw the trailer earlier.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

a new study bible! posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooooo Mikes Jack Nicholson joker smile when the old ladys are talking about their driving horror stories

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rofl

"who put this on ther-"
"Jay."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Mike loves to see the frail and helpless suffer. That's why he's friends with Richard evans

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

spoilers the apes win

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

happyhippy posted:

I was hoping that was his voice. Saw the trailer earlier.

Yeah, I don't know how much VO is actually in the game though. I just beat the first world and there's only been the intro cutscene.

But it is a fun precision platformer.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Osprey is a helicopter that turns into a turbo prop and it does a really good job at doing what it was designed to do......... Which is crashing and killing lots of American marines

I won't hear a single bad word about GDI's orca bomber.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao rich dunked on mike re: his belief of ghosts

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Lmao life dunked on rich re: his disbelief in God

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If you looked like Rich Evans could YOU believe in a decent and loving god?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reignofevil posted:

I love you

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I loved how incredibly high Big Canadian was during the discussion part of the vid. https://youtu.be/ebb8baFaQ-s?t=2900

Great ep in general. I fully share their joy at the suffering of the elderly. Although "wheel of misfortune" is a bad name and having it horizontal seems to be a bit awkward to film.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He was probably high but he also seems to just have "resting high face" , I've met plenty of people like that who just always seem a little baked even when they aren't.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

He was probably high but he also seems to just have "resting high face" , I've met plenty of people like that who just always seem a little baked even when they aren't.

he has lovely eye muscles it is a common thing w/canadians because of squinting from sun reflecting off the snow

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao rich dunked on mike re: his belief of ghosts

He has an interest in the paranormal! That doesn't mean he believes in ghosts!

reignofevil posted:

NOD's lack of air power is loving bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

If you looked like Rich Evans could YOU believe in a decent and loving god?

rich is a family man and spends his days building things w/his bare hands. life is setting rich up some sick layups and it is actually rich who is dunking, not life as previously stated
so fyi

• Locked thread