Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Where's Kenseth going to go?

Not to visit Ross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

shame on an IGA posted:

There have been a lot of cup races on weird non-basic cable channels I'm too cheap to get this year.

google youtube

thank me later

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

it would be sweeet if there were race streams on the net

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
what do you think this is, the future?!?!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VikingSkull posted:

google youtube

thank me later

I watch every race this way. Certainly catch more races. loving love me some PINTYS commercials.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Can that be full time please?

:flashfap:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

I watch every race this way. Certainly catch more races. loving love me some PINTYS commercials.

I love the Indycar commercials too, where they are like come check out Indycar and stay for the main event, the Pinty's NASCAR series!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I love the Indycar commercials too, where they are like come check out Indycar and stay for the main event, the Pinty's NASCAR series!

Yes! The best part is they are verbally blowing the pinty' s series while a Honda Indy logo is on screen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NASCAR has a new president: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-brent-dewar-president-930203/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

“Dewar’s promotion to president is in following with NASCAR Chairman & CEO Brian France’s vision for a more inclusive and strategic NASCAR,” NASCAR said in a statement. “As COO, Dewar led several monumental initiatives and drove strategic development and opportunity at every turn, while developing a strong leadership team centered on industry collaboration and metric-driven results.”

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?

quote:

“Brent has helped lead a cultural transformation at NASCAR,” said France. “From collaborating with team owners to building the charter framework; to partnering with tracks, auto manufacturers, entitlement sponsors, and broadcasters to deliver better racing and a more dynamic fan experience; he has spearheaded some of the most impactful enhancements NASCAR has implemented in its history.

What great achievements.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20170713/dewar-replaces-helton-as-nascar-president

Brian France status: still CEO.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 13, 2017

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Everything reads like the classic this guy is a total yes man who massages the ego of the CEO.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brian France new position as puppeteer gunna be a great fit for him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If JGR ran this:
https://twitter.com/joegibbsracing/status/885584400871718912
I would not be unable to cheer for them.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
that might be the ugliest race car ever conceived

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

I know! That's what makes it awesome.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's only room for one mac and cheese car wrap on this circuit and Newman's got it on lockdown

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

VikingSkull posted:

you might even call it the cheesiest

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Food cars are always good and cool

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Norns posted:

Food cars are always good and cool

Agreed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I legitimately love spam. Spam Musubi is an amazing food

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Norns posted:

I legitimately love spam. Spam Musubi is an amazing food

explains your posting

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

My posting is word class

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

My posting is word class

I'm thinking you failed that one

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Peanut President posted:

explains your posting

Please get better soon Mr. President

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, Larson's crew dicks him over, AGAIN: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-larson-qualifying-time-disallowed-930723/

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

maffew buildings posted:

Please get better soon Mr. President

I'm immortal.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

that's pretty clever actually goddamn lol

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I got curious how a modern version of some of the classic "Aero wars" era cars would look...and gently caress....The Daytona, and Torino look fantastic....

Also, if IROC ever came back...

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do not like the weird simulcra styling.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Retro 80s styling is very, very difficult to do. Like the only example I can think of that was done well, at all, is the 5th gen Prelude de.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

I got curious how a modern version of some of the classic "Aero wars" era cars would look...and gently caress....The Daytona, and Torino look fantastic....

Also, if IROC ever came back...

Those look horrific.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

Retro 80s styling is very, very difficult to do. Like the only example I can think of that was done well, at all, is the 5th gen Prelude de.

Yeah it's not so much that I'm looking for as it's more so trying to bring those cars back as it is looking for alternatives to the current cars.

Ford Fusion, Chevy SS, and Toyota Camry leave a lot to be desired. I mean...they've even used a PRIUS as a pace car. I think steering it away from sedans and back to muscle cars would be a step in the right direction. The prius/camry comment was not a dig at Toyota either. I think a Modernized Supra would be a great sort of car to put against a modern Ford Torino Talladega or Dodge Charger Daytona.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
great, now I miss my Ram Daytona, thanks a lot

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Well at least we'll get to watch him pass the whole field again this week, if they show coverage of it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hey guys!

We missed the modifieds race being on televsion so we could see Kyle Busch run Xfinity.

:downs:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FuzzySkinner posted:

Hey guys!

We missed the modifieds race being on televsion so we could see Kyle Busch run Xfinity.

:downs:

Wednesday or Thursday at 6pm probably.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wednesday or Thursday at 6pm probably.

Can we do an irc event for it?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Star of the Xfinity race: lobster poutine

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Jesus gently caress kick Cup drivers out of this series already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Jesus gently caress kick Cup drivers out of this series already

This series:
-Should not be running on cup weekends
-Should not be having cup drivers run it. Unless it's at like some bizarre 'off the wall" venue like Road America or something.

• Locked thread