Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The only evidence I have that OSC is Derek is that I don't believe Derek can be that far up 2 asses at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

when did the Tumbril turn canon :confused:

Called it!

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
CALLED IT (in my head) when I saw the Tumbril tweet that it was some dumbass way to market the next jpg.

Also loving LOL that Ben has a huge walk in office while actual employees have to sit 2 feet from eachother.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ash1138 posted:

to be fair, dsizzle reported the gizmondo/roberts brothers connection a long rear end time ago
He was tipped off by a horse racing bookie.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

can we make nazi jokes?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

big nipples big life posted:

The only evidence I have that OSC is Derek is that I don't believe Derek can be that far up 2 asses at the same time.

The only similarities are they write long posts and are skeptical of SC. They have completely different styles. OSC is usually very coherent.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Called it!

You even called it being a land vehicle, I'm waiting for confirmation on the mining angle though what else could it be really

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

The only similarities are they write long posts and are skeptical of SC. They have completely different styles. OSC is usually very coherent.

True but the only other person in the world Derek is that enamored with is himself. Like I wouldn't even bet :10bux: on it, I just find it weird.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Also loving LOL that Ben has a huge walk in office while actual employees have to sit 2 feet from eachother.

so uh guys we're thinking of moving Ben into your office and knocking out the wall so like you all get a lot more space, how's that sound

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so uh guys we're thinking of moving Ben into your office and knocking out the wall so like you all get a lot more space, how's that smell

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

True but the only other person in the world Derek is that enamored with is himself. Like I wouldn't even bet :10bux: on it, I just find it weird.

He's doing sincere interaction with Citizens, you don't do that and come off with your non-weird intact

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Maybe you guys had figured it out but I just realized Ben's function at CIG

Hes like BIll from that episode of KOTH where they use him to find smart investments that average slovenly American would want. Except with jpegs.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
All of them on reddit accuse me of being a troll. I fully believe what I post on there and never knowingly post false information (although I have been wrong before). They're mean, mean people.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

He knows where the bodies are buried, which he found next to the second seat.

so uh guys we're thinking of moving Ben into your office and knocking out the wall so like you all get a lot more space, how's that smell

Also this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Goddamn but Ben's office is depressing

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

celewign posted:

Looks like it time to wake up and get moving, big day today. I wake up in bed, wearing my space suit. Mom always said, a man sleeps in his suit. She died in the Clipping Disaster of '36. I miss her every day.

It's time to get moving.

I hold my arms put from my sides, perfectly level with the floor, and noiselessly glide across the room. This is how people move now. In the station I pass Kim, she's halfway fused into the floor and vibrating rapidly. Looks like a bad day for Kim today! I laugh but my mouth moves soundlessly. The actual sound it produces erupts several seconds later and is has a static tone to it. The 'verse is strange!

My ship waits outside, a MISC Saberdart XXTk 8700t. It looks like a child's toy, bristling with pointless protrusions and appendages. My ship is so freaking cool, it's jet black with black accents and black guns. The windows are a dark black. I gaze at my ship lovingly, she's lasted several days for me now and I named her "xXxBongRipper420xXx". It feels like the right name for such a perfect spacecraft. Right now she's on the landing pad, spinning in place furiously.

I walk up to my ship and attempt to open the rear cargo​ hatch, I've got a couple of Big Benny's vending machines to transport to a moon today. The ship is spinning so rapidly that the hatch is a blur, as expected. All is well in the 'verse.

A corpse floats by, stuck in tpose. As I near the BongRipper420, the rapidly spinning ship sends me spinning into space, my body contorting into horrifying positions as I jettison away. Looks like those Big Benny's will have to wait! The blood starts pooling in my eyes, and I see a brief blinding flash as the local star reflects in my visor.

In the distance, the space station twitches and writhes.

I sigh in contentment. Another day in the 'verse!

:lol:

This was a fun one. Good job! :)

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Goddamn Ben is depressing

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

You even called it being a land vehicle, I'm waiting for confirmation on the mining angle though what else could it be really

I bet it will be a Tumbler batmobile clone Archered by CIG.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ok. Let's play a game, goons.

Open this image, full size, in another tab and see if you can identify items from Ben's room in the 1990's that are also in the above photo of his office in 2017.

I've found two things so far.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ash1138 posted:

look, does the black mesa mod have working doors?

yes?

then it's a good hire and stop spreading fud

No, but since the whole place is supposed to be breaking down, that's probably intended. So it's almost the exact opposite of SC and hard to use as a point of reference.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
something tells me the cucking-stool will be a huge sale pulling in millions of dollars

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Open this image, full size, in another tab and see if you can identify items from Ben's room in the 1990's that are also in the above photo of his office in 2017.

where are all the pictures of you know who...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't want to look at that picture anymore than I have to. I can't focus on anything other than the arm/hand interaction going on anyway.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

something tells me the cucking-stool will be a huge sale pulling in millions of dollars

did you say cucking stool?
:nws:

God drat burn after reading was an amazing movie

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

where are all the pictures of you know who...

Just look around.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know i feel that before I comment i need you to post all of the pictures you have of a game developers bedroom, and possibly tweet it to other game developers for some reason

spacetoaster posted:

Just look around.

Also any zoom in closeups of the items in this game developers bedroom you have will totally help with the effort here, so get all up in there. Really get crazy with it.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Just look around.

ho lee poo poo :captainpop:

also : that's a really big dildo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

did you say cucking stool?

God drat burn after reading was an amazing movie

I think CIG actually released an image of this seat at some point.

Space Crabs posted:

I don't know i feel that before I comment i need you to post all of the pictures you have of a game developers bedroom, and possibly tweet it to other game developers for some reason

Meh, it's from his hamslices website that he promoted himself.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

I don't want to look at that picture anymore than I have to. I can't focus on anything other than the arm/hand interaction going on anyway.

I've heard of and seen cankles. WTF do you call the wrist equivalent of that? Jeez.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

You guys are getting weird again.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Meridian posted:

thread is good again*

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Meh, it's from his hamslices website that he promoted himself.

Yeah but who is asking the real hard questions that we need answers for here?

What does he eat for lunch? What does his bathroom look like? How many shirts are in his closet? What thread count are his sheets? We really need to delve right in and get the facts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Meridian posted:

YOU try entertaining goons. :colbert:

Go ahead. Say something funny.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

Yeah but who is asking the real hard questions that we need answers for here?

What does he eat for lunch? What does his bathroom look like? How many shirts are in his closet? What thread count are his sheets? We really need to delve right in and get the facts.

You're more than welcome to do whatever creepy investigation you want.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

eXXon posted:

Do you guys think hundreds of years into the future, once mankind begins to build a galactic empire, scientists and engineers will have figured out a way to secure cargo crates in a spaceship hold? This is important.

Well they will probably lose all forklift technology, and robotic loading methods. Everything will be relegated to tiny boxes only movable by hand. I think because of this scientific minds will develop a way to make these boxes vanish into thin air until the cargo area is used and the box reappears for you to pick up.

I'm pretty sure this is the direction science is going to go. Oh, also your call will be full of exposed conduits and wiring like a Giger painting. And I hope you like leather jackets!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

You're more than welcome to do whatever creepy investigation you want.

this is the pot calling the kettle a stalker

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

tane

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

this is the pot calling the kettle a stalker

Did you miss the ben website thing? It was really funny. I'm sorry it upsets you though.

If you aren't at work, go outside and forget the internet for a bit.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

eXXon posted:

Do you guys think hundreds of years into the future, once mankind begins to build a galactic empire, scientists and engineers will have figured out a way to secure cargo crates in a spaceship hold? This is important.

no we will be singing to the spirits from around a campfire in the burnt out ruins of civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Did you miss the ben website thing? It was really funny. I'm sorry it upsets you though.

If you aren't at work, go outside and forget the internet for a bit.

oh okay as long as the CSI zoom and enhance of a game developers bedroom is justified i guess carry on