Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

Years later I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.

Feast or Fired was so goddamned stupid every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Low Ki/Kaval was one of those cases where, when he was jobbed off of WWE, I thought "that's a missed opportunity there, they need new talent and he had potential" (and there was the whole excessive celebration thing or whatever), and then you hear about what he's like and it's "Huh, they dodged a bullet there."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is there anyone more bought into his gimmick than Low Ki? Like he is all in on that poo poo. It's amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Is there anyone more bought into his gimmick than Low Ki? Like he is all in on that poo poo. It's amazing.

Dick The Bruiser. There was no off button on Dick The Bruiser.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Has anyone ever just stiffed the poo poo out of Low Ki for giggles

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Ultimate Warrior

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Low-Ki was very much into his gimmick, and felt the need to protect it even before he was hired by WWE for that one NXT season. I remember trying to have a conversation with him and he did the whole Low-Ki voice even as I tried to tell him that he didn't need to do that as we were just having a conversation.

EDIT: Apologies for how redundant this seems.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Ultimate Warrior

ah poo poo, yeah that's true.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Low-Ki was very much into his gimmick, and felt the need to protect it even before he was hired by WWE for that one NXT season. I remember trying to have a conversation with him and he did the whole Low-Ki voice even as I tried to tell him that he didn't need to do that as we were just having a conversation.

EDIT: Apologies for how redundant this seems.

hahahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

He responded to New Japan telling him "don't do the Hitman cosplay at Wrestle Kingdom" by not only wearing it at WK and getting fired for it, but still doing it in America for GFW 4 years later. I don't know if it's out of protest or he genuinely thinks it looks cool, because he sure as poo poo ain't getting paid for doing it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

He responded to New Japan telling him "don't do the Hitman cosplay at Wrestle Kingdom" by not only wearing it at WK and getting fired for it, but still doing it in America for GFW 4 years later. I don't know if it's out of protest or he genuinely thinks it looks cool, because he sure as poo poo ain't getting paid for doing it

*narrator voice* when keepin' it cosplay... goes wrong

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mods please change the thread title to reflect it is now a tribute to the World Warrior Senshi

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

low ki rules and wrestling needs more people like him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

low ki rules and wrestling needs more people like him

tiny babies that kick like mack trucks getting punked on by Paul Blart extras, yeah I'm into this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Few men have ever worked so hard to entertain me both in and out of the ring

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I love low ki's wrestling and I love all the stories about him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love Samoa Joe's description of him as a man of all races.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Whats really sad is that I googled this and was expecting to see Low Ki wearing pink and black and having a long curly wig on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marafuji vs Moose in TNA's jacked-up division with rounds and decisions is weird as hell and no one in the crowd has any idea of what the rules are.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Marafuji vs Moose in TNA's jacked-up division with rounds and decisions is weird as hell and no one in the crowd has any idea of what the rules are.

it stunk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wait, they're still doing the lovely fake MMA thing? :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a rare thing they haven't given up on, yes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wasn't that Billy's idea? I thought they would've trashed it the second he left the company.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

Jesus this is hilarious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6NAP4CR3w

my favorite part of this is that he wants to do the hitman adjust tie casually thing during his entrance but doesn't actually know what you are supposed to do and just kinda waves his hand around his tie.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Low Ki actually had a really good match with Sonjay Dutt at the PPV, even wearing the stupid Hitman getup.

Is there any reason why Dutt never got a chance with WWE?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

grack posted:

Low Ki actually had a really good match with Sonjay Dutt at the PPV, even wearing the stupid Hitman getup.

He's really short and not nearly talented or charismatic enough to make up for it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dutt had an offer on the table to be a trainer at the wwe performance center that could have maybe turned into something more with their attempt at pushing into the Indian market a few weeks ago

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK6NAP4CR3w

my favorite part of this is that he wants to do the hitman adjust tie casually thing during his entrance but doesn't actually know what you are supposed to do and just kinda waves his hand around his tie.

I laughed and then saw that was from April of this year and laughed even harder.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DJExile posted:

Ryback.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Until he gets a barcode tattoo, I don't buy it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DJExile posted:

HHH. CM Punk.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 14, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Davros1 posted:

HHH. CM Punk.

Punk's not a gimmick, he really is a whiny bitter rear end in a top hat irl

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

skaboomizzy posted:

My favorite TNA memory is still one of the Feast or Fired matches with the four briefcases on poles.

Early on they did the lucha-trainwreck sequence where everyone just dives from the ring into the pile of people already outside, one at a time. Samoa Joe was the only person still in the ring and had an uncontested path to as many briefcases as he wanted.

So he just shrugged and plowed into the pile of bodies once they all stood up without grabbing a case. He never ended up with a case that year.

Only winning move in Feast or Fired is to not play

grack posted:

He's a gashead

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah wasn't Dutt roided all to hell not that long ago? Like he had EC3 level bacne

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The only good angle I can think of for a Feast or Fired match is that thing they did once where Billy Gunn helped Road Dogg get the briefcase and it turned out to be a tag title.

But the briefcase should end up as the fired briefcase and the tag team partners feud over who actually owns the briefcase

Hi I am better than Vince Russo hire me Jarrett

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dutt needed those roids to live you heartless assholes

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why you're not calling it by its proper name, Feast or My Fired

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Feed Me More briefcase is filled with chicken breasts from Panera Bread.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Testekill posted:

He's a gashead

That simultaneously makes perfect sense and absolutely no sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Low-Ki was involved in a match where upon the bell ringing he did a rolling kick that knocked his opponent's dick stiff. The dude is straight unconscious. Ki struts around the ring doing his angry monkey shtick while the other guys manager tries everything to wake him up. Ki tries to do more poo poo but the carcass in the ring with him refuses to respond, so he gets on the mic and trashes everyone in the locker room for lack of heart because they are not warriors like him.

He was angry that the man he knocked out cold would not wake up so he could get the rest of his poo poo in.

• Locked thread