Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
You can buy stuff now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"Add Violence" EP, out 7/21, if I heard correctly

Song sounds like a cross between The Hand That Feeds and Ruiner, big industrial snare sound and pulsing synths, includes the lyric "Welcome Oblivion"

That's my hot take folks

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 13, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

glam rock hamhock posted:

It always amazes me how much the worst iTunes is and always has been. For a company that pretends to be all about making slick, easy to use things you'd think they'd at least try and make iTunes not the worst music manager that every existed.

:same:

Had an iPhone about 10 years ago and it was good, but gently caress iTunes forever. What a piece of garbage.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://youtu.be/gDV-dOvqKzQ

Less than

E: the EP is called ADD VIOLENCE and it's out July 21

Quoting because it needs to be on the next page :catdrugs:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

edit
lol looks like we're doing THIS again
https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/add-violence-ep-plus-physical-component-bundle-digital-ep

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://youtu.be/gDV-dOvqKzQ

Less than

E: the EP is called ADD VIOLENCE and it's out July 21

I really like this. Really strong With Teeth/YZ vibes off of it.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

I really like this. Really strong With Teeth/YZ vibes off of it.

Yes, this is really solid.

AnxiousApatosaurus
Sep 2, 2004

Stylist
I like it better than anything off the previous EP. Kelp Me! is right that this would be right at home on [ah]With Teeth[ah]

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess the physical component will be a faceplate from one of TR's old analog VU meters.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I really, really like this.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oh the order page has this already:

TRACKLIST
01. LESS THAN
02. THE LOVERS
03. THIS ISN'T THE PLACE
04. NOT ANYMORE
05. THE BACKGROUND WORLD

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

I guess the physical component will be a faceplate from one of TR's old analog VU meters.

As long as it's not another envelope full of dust

ah who am I kidding I'm buying this no matter what it is

e: holy poo poo people are buying the physical component for NTAE for like $60+, maybe I should get 2 of this one

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"PROPER USE OF THIS RECORDING REQUIRES IT TO EXIST IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, AS REAL AS YOU ARE. CHOOSING THIS PACKAGE GETS YOU THE DIGITAL FILES AND WE WILL SHIP THE ACCOMPANYING PHYSICAL COMPONENT TO YOUR RESIDENCE WHICH MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CLARITY."

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

By the way, in the music video, the game being played is Polybius, AKA "the urban legend arcade game that was made and distributed by the government to do weird PsyOps poo poo to people"

The "Llamasoft presents" thing is a mystery since Llamasoft is some sort of supply chain optimization company I guess?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kelp Me! posted:

By the way, in the music video, the game being played is Polybius, AKA "the urban legend arcade game that was made and distributed by the government to do weird PsyOps poo poo to people"

The "Llamasoft presents" thing is a mystery since Llamasoft is some sort of supply chain optimization company I guess?

That's Jeff Minter's Llamasoft which has been making these sort of games for ages: http://www.minotaurproject.co.uk/frontpage.php

The game depicted in the video is inspired by the urban legend, you can play it on your PS4 right now.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

"PROPER USE OF THIS RECORDING REQUIRES IT TO EXIST IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD, AS REAL AS YOU ARE. CHOOSING THIS PACKAGE GETS YOU THE DIGITAL FILES AND WE WILL SHIP THE ACCOMPANYING PHYSICAL COMPONENT TO YOUR RESIDENCE WHICH MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CLARITY."

Calling it now, the physical component is gonna be an 80's style LCD handheld video game version of Audiosurf with the EP pre-installed

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Didn't realize that was Polybius. Thought it was just a visualization, so I jumped to Winamp/Nullsoft/Llama stuff.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

It's a real game now. It came out a month or so ago. It was made by the creator of Tempest whose company that is pretty much just him is Llamasoft.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

That's Jeff Minter's Llamasoft which has been making these sort of games for ages: http://www.minotaurproject.co.uk/frontpage.php

The game depicted in the video is inspired by the urban legend, you can play it on your PS4 right now.

Oh neat! I assumed it was custom-made for the music video, but I guess they just overlaid the lyrics in a similar style to the actual game?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I really liked the some but I always like what ever Trent puts out so that's not a surprise

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also I really liked the some but I always like what ever Trent puts out so that's not a surprise

:same: I've liked just about everything but I definitely like this track more than anything of NTAE or Hesitation Marks

I know peak-popularity NIN was the 90's but I think the With Teeth/YZ-era stuff is fantastic, not to mention sustainable (how long can you write about how violently you hate yourself before you either fix your brain or kill yourself?) Thankfully Trent when the "fix your brain" route.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"the people pushing the buttons" -- hidden reference to the ARG?!

There's something very latter-day Muse about this EP's imagery so far. Fortunately the music is actually good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I knew I was getting a Jeff minter vibe off the video

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

from the thumbnail of the album art I thought the little button said "Amplify Chads"

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Goddamn this is very good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

"the people pushing the buttons" -- hidden reference to the ARG?!

There's something very latter-day Muse about this EP's imagery so far. Fortunately the music is actually good.

Drones was the best album Muse has put out since Absolution so I'm OK with this comparison

their new single is more hot garbage though :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Looks like that discount code they sent us is worthless. Can't use it on any of the stuff I want to order, or it has a minimum spend they didn't bother mentioning.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Minimum spend: $5000 worth of vinyl

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

The layers of noise in the chorus building up towards the end are great. On first listens this takes elements from phm, with teeth, the slip and mixes it around, very cool and quite pop/mainstream rock -ish.
The lyrics and the driving sound almost makes this song feel like something that can back a commercial or trailer, waaaaay different than ntae.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The sound is different, but to me NTAE falls into the category of stuff like Ghosts as far as "the mood I need to be in to listen to it" while this track is way more of a general "it's always a good time for NIN" deal.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What a dumb EP name.

What a good tune.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

The sound is different, but to me NTAE falls into the category of stuff like Ghosts as far as "the mood I need to be in to listen to it" while this track is way more of a general "it's always a good time for NIN" deal.

fully agreed; except some ghosts tracks are always amazing like 27 and 31, the live edition is even better imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2iMaF1FtkE
Same with NTAE indeed, except Branches / Bones which is more of a 'regular' song.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

ghosts will be 10 years old next year

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Kelp Me! posted:

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. In fact NIN stuff largely falls into those 2 categories. TDS vs. The Fragile is that way for me. I'm almost never in the mood for TDS but I can listen to The Fragile pretty much any time. But on the rare occasion that I am in the mood for TDS, it's amazing.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

If YZ was an anti-Bush record, I reckon this will be an anti-trump record; the lyrics seem really straight-forward compared to T-Rez's output the last couple of years.

quote:

[Verse 1]
Focus?
We didn't even notice
We awake in a place
We can barely recognize, yeah
Hypnosis

[Refrain]
And you can justify it all
Your back is up against the wall again

[Verse 2]
Shut up, silence
Add a little violence
And offend and pretend
And defend and demand my compliance

[Refrain]
And you can always justify
The missile trails across the sky again

[Chorus]
So what are you waiting for?
You got what you asked for
Did it fix what was wrong with you?
Are you less than?
Go and look what you gone done
Come and welcome oblivion
Did it fix what was wrong with you?
Are you less than?

this is also a cool short article for all those who missed YZ's release at the time: http://www.firstpost.com/entertainm...al-3426524.html

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Hopefully Sandbag does a better job of fulfillment. The discount code not working isn't a great sign, though. I bought the $50 package without the discount because I'm a big sucker for Trent's merch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

e: holy poo poo people are buying the physical component for NTAE for like $60+, maybe I should get 2 of this one

Really? I have something I have to put on eBay then. I just couldn't be bothered to open it after seeing it would get you dirty as hell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I uhh...huh. I only listened to the song once, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's definitely poppier than the stuff on Hesitation Marks and does not continue the same style of NTAE. It feels like a more basic version of something like Came Back Haunted. I don't know, I'll have to listen to it a few more times. Maybe it'll grow on me.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
Spotted. Trent's favorite noise again at 2:46 the wailing klaxon guitar drone he's twisted all kinds of sounds into since The Fragile.

So I guess I mean Robin Finck?

:3

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMy3nDaUfx0

repeating fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
This sounds so much like modern NIN it's almost a parody