Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Azhais posted:

That's why the wall is only step 1! Step 2 is turrets for the wall that kill anyone that gets within 300 yards, step 3 is getting the whole length patrolled by sentient AI hunter-killer robots. Pretty sure step 4 involves humans being used as batteries for sentient AI hunter-killer robots for no adequately explained reason.

oh i see, very good idea, no problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Serious question, if the drug trade is so bad, why don't we do a joint operation with Mexico to try to investigate, try, and jail drug dealers/drug lords combining the resources of both of our federal buereus of investigations? I know why Trump won't, but why not in general?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/us/marijuana-catapult-trnd/index.html

We are still using catapults, but our next tech upgrade should bring trebuchets. Can't wait until we get drug artillery.

Or just stick a pallet of cocaine in the back of one of the 5,000 trucks that cross the border each day.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Serious question, if the drug trade is so bad, why don't we do a joint operation with Mexico to try to investigate, try, and jail drug dealers/drug lords combining the resources of both of our federal buereus of investigations? I know why Trump won't, but why not in general?

Because half the people in Mexican law enforcement are on the take.

Before PAN swept away nearly a century of PRI rule drug cartels were like the 4th branch of government.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At this point the military should just send a stealth plane and eliminate air-force one over international waters on his trip to Paris. No one knows where Donald Trump is to this day.

And don't worry, if the military really did go so far to remove the President at this point, Pence and the rest of the Trumpenstaffel wouldn't last that long either.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Covok posted:

Part of the "War on Drugs" involved stuff like this. Went about as well as expected given how much it didn't work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The gently caress would they need to see through it? They'll be walking along the loving crenelated battlements looking down in judgement at anyone trying to dig a siegwworks in the Texas heat.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xae posted:

Or just stick a pallet of cocaine in the back of one of the 5,000 trucks that cross the border each day.

It's OK, Trump is gonna end trade with Mexico and Canada too, don't you remember?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Throwing a sixty pound sack ten feet in the air over a wall? Those are some swole drug dealers.

E. Are there drug trebuchets

Indeed there are!

of course I got fuckbeaten

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 13, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Throwing a sixty pound sack ten feet in the air over a wall? Those are some swole drug dealers.

E. Are there drug trebuchets

Calves like cantalopes.

Covok posted:

Tim Hortons is a donught shop! They don't sell poutine!

Alas, my cover is blown, eh?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Anyone want to invest in my new venture? I'm gonna start up pigeon farms across the border, the allure of countless small innocuous birds flying to and fro will be irresistible to drug dealers who get tired from throwing heavy sacks over the wall.

Heh, catapults and such are money pits and easy targets. No one will suspect the birds. It's guaranteed profit!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Regarding Trumpcare, it already died in the House once only to be resurrected even worse than before. The GOP leadership is making an open mockery of the "moderates." I think freaking out about AHCA/BCRA until it's so buried that Republicans throw their hands up and move to tax reform is fine, but channel that freaking out into something productive.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Chilichimp posted:

The gently caress would they need to see through it? They'll be walking along the loving crenelated battlements looking down in judgement at anyone trying to dig a siegwworks in the Texas heat.

Because to republicans drugs are quantum anomalies that weigh nothing and are in the hands of every minority simultaneously forever.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Calves like cantaloupes? Where's that from and can I use that to describe my calves? They are massive.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Anyone want to invest in my new venture? I'm gonna start up pigeon farms across the border, the allure of countless small innocuous birds flying to and fro will be irresistible to drug dealers who get tired from throwing heavy sacks over the wall.

Heh, catapults and such are money pits and easy targets. No one will suspect the birds. It's guaranteed profit!

Drones with a preprogrammed course and no capability of being controlled by remote. Boom drug dealered.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mustached Demon posted:

Calves like cantaloupes? Where's that from and can I use that to describe my calves? They are massive.

The honorable Steve King said it.

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

That's my understanding, more or less. I'm not a lawyer and I can't claim that I'm familiar enough with labor law. I am familiar with the evolution of the business of the last 20 or 30 years.

You can make a pretty decent living from other companies, but it really depends on how good you are at building a reputation/ branding/work in Japan. Young Bucks for example.

But again, not really been tested in court, and I'd rather let a judge make that call.

This is from a few pages back, but in Hollywood at least, if you work in entertainment you're almost always an independent contractor but can get access to pay standardization and health care through the various guilds and unions. For example, once an actor is able to join SAGAFTRA, they know that if they're booked on a job they'll always make at least the scale rate for the type of production, have access to the guild health plan, and there's also a retirement pension plan.

I'm guessing wrestlers don't have any kind of union, right? Does the WWE provide any kind of healthcare or pension for these guys who spent their lives jumping through folding tables?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Representative Steve King posted:

For everyone who’s a valedictorian, there’s another hundred out there who weigh a hundred and thirty pounds—and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling seventy-five pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

catapult-trnd/index.html[/url]

We are still using catapults, but our next tech upgrade should bring trebuchets. Can't wait until we get drug artillery.

Multiple Drug Rocket Systems.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Remember when Obama had to pull teeth to get the Swiss government to give up even a small amount of literal secret bank account tax dodgers and scammers? The Swiss reaction was to make it nearly impossible for Americans in Switzerland to open bank accounts now. Trump is in for a hard awakening.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lote posted:

Drones with a preprogrammed course and no capability of being controlled by remote. Boom drug dealered.

Did God create drones? NO.

Birds are nature's drug couriers. Deal with it! (and give me startup money)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

They want to be able to see what's going on on the other side. For one, they wanna know if there is a big bunch of dudes with ramps waiting on the other side for them to leave. Second is the fact that the wall isn't going to be on the border, so often both sides will be US territory and they will have to patrol both sides. They want something they can see threats (like kids who need to be shot).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh nevermind then. Totally ruined now that I know the KKK spokesperson used it.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

This just in Jeff Sessions believes he's found Earth's primary source of Eezo, the retired house keeper of Enrique Peña Nieto.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Trabisnikof posted:

They want to be able to see what's going on on the other side. For one, they wanna know if there is a big bunch of dudes with ramps waiting on the other side for them to leave. Second is the fact that the wall isn't going to be on the border, so often both sides will be US territory and they will have to patrol both sides. They want something they can see threats (like kids who need to be shot).

Like I said, they'll be walking along the top of the wall, if it's any kind of a Trump wall.

A see-through wall sounds an awful lot like a... fence?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sloober posted:

Part of the "War on Drugs" involved stuff like this. Went about as well as expected given how much it didn't work.

Huh, wonder why it didn't work...

Peven Stan posted:

Before PAN swept away nearly a century of PRI rule drug cartels were like the 4th branch of government.

That'll do it.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mustached Demon posted:

To be fair, I'd be scared too if you got people easily hauling 175 lbs by hand across a scorching desert over and over. We're dealing with hulk mexicans! The most frightening hulks of all.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

Use bowling balls instead.

That's 5k in consultancy fees.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

Like I said, they'll be walking along the top of the wall, if it's any kind of a Trump wall.

It'll have holes to shoot arrows through.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

ice cream snakes posted:

This is from a few pages back, but in Hollywood at least, if you work in entertainment you're almost always an independent contractor but can get access to pay standardization and health care through the various guilds and unions. For example, once an actor is able to join SAGAFTRA, they know that if they're booked on a job they'll always make at least the scale rate for the type of production, have access to the guild health plan, and there's also a retirement pension plan.

I'm guessing wrestlers don't have any kind of union, right? Does the WWE provide any kind of healthcare or pension for these guys who spent their lives jumping through folding tables?

They'll pay for surgeries and rehab for injuries suffered in their rings. They will also pay for drug rehab, since so many people they've previously employed have died from drug use over the years and they don't want the PR hit. Otherwise they get no retirement/pension/healthcare and there is no collective bargaining/union.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

That's way too expensive. They can't afford to build a rampart that long.

Trump's wall will be just like the existing walls and fences. It might even be a cyber wall in places.

Trump will be very proud of the wall and the supporters will be happy America got the wall. Paid for by tarrifs on Mexican beer (and mostly the taxpayer).

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Chilichimp posted:

Glass blocks? Goes with Trump's whole 80s aesthetic

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

Well, didn't they merge with Dunkin' Doughnuts? Cause that's all you need to know on why their doughnuts sucks. KRISY KREME 4 LIFE! OG DIABETIC-IN-TRAINING OVER HERE!

I think Burger king bought them.

As a Canadian I always found it amusing that Yanks would go traveling with Canadian flags on their backpacks during the Dubya years. Why have a flag at all? What if some local sees the flag and starts asking you questions about Canada? Do you know what the national animal is? What about the national sport (it isn't hockey). Now, if the local asks you were you were from I guess you can say Canada, but you don't have to wear a flag to prove it.
As for the Texan, just say you are from Alberta. Same kind of dickishness so a local will believe you.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Lol of course Steve King was the origin of that cantaloupe quote.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Peven Stan posted:

Or, because as long as there is demand, there will be supply.

There are lots of people in Mexico who are very brave at standing up to cartels, and cartels and cartel leaders get taken down repeatedly. And then new ones spring up to take their place.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

Or, because as long as there is demand, there will be supply.

There are lots of people in Mexico who are very brave at standing up to cartels, and cartels and cartel leaders get taken down repeatedly. And then new ones spring up to take their place.

WRONG

It's the supply the makes the demand, Rick Perry said so

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Madkal posted:

As a Canadian I always found it amusing that Yanks would go traveling with Canadian flags on their backpacks during the Dubya years. Why have a flag at all? What if some local sees the flag and starts asking you questions about Canada? Do you know what the national animal is? What about the national sport (it isn't hockey). Now, if the local asks you were you were from I guess you can say Canada, but you don't have to wear a flag to prove it.
As for the Texan, just say you are from Alberta. Same kind of dickishness so a local will believe you.

If I said the national animal is Moose and the national sport is Hockey and the capital is Ontario why the gently caress would the rando in Slovenia know I'm wrong?

Personally, I just practiced saying "Nooo Buuuuusssh" a lot, worked fine for me. Everyone understands not liking your overlords.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Mustached Demon posted:

It'll have holes to shoot arrows through.

The real defensive weapon this wall is missing is large buckets of tar or oil to douse your mexican foes from above. It's the mexican's secret weakness!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Republicans heard the phrase Castle Doctrine and decided that America lacks historical tourist destinations where the tour guides can dress up in historic slayer t-shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Madkal posted:

As an experienced traveller I can confidently say the only possible place this is a problem is a hostel.

In Vietnam if you get pulled over driving down the coast (for being white) just start speaking German or what you assume is German until the cops just give up and leave.

• Locked thread