Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yeah aim assist is quite powerful with non scoped snipers and some medic rifles, but I find it can mess you up with automatic weapons. It all boils down to your personal preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
look how good we owned people. great job krew.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I would have joined you guys, but I live in Hawaii and east coast servers give me aids.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
due to a crappy set of headphones i bought at crappy tire, i may now be able to both hear and be heard in squads! pretty exciting, since i haven't had that in a couple years. psn is JunoCommando and i'm on the east coast.
(sorry bout the mostly lack of capitalisation....but uh, death to capital(s)!)

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I felt a little rusty after not playing for a month but last night was a good time.

How does everyone feel about the new buff butt? Y/n?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
lol that's pretty good

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I enjoy the swole rear end, though I also liked the cool doggo

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Well we're back to the dog already because the new one got reported. It only lasted about 12 hours. RIP

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Well we're back to the dog already because the new one got reported. It only lasted about 12 hours. RIP

BUTTs don't quit (unless they're playing persona 5 instead of battlefield)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Lawnie posted:

BUTTs don't quit (unless they're playing persona 5 instead of battlefield)

We can take a pounding and keep on breaching their front lines.

We will never give up. We are the Butts.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
eat poo poo

http://i.imgur.com/9oxTrPp.gifv

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

:captainpop:
Incredible!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

You have achieved peak suicidal limpet kill

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Rats off to ya'

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:piss:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I salute you

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
Alright BUTT bros, I'm El Azul Diablo on the PS4 and I'll be M.I.A. for a month or so.
I usually play a lot, but I've always kept off my headset due to my abysmal internet speed. Wherever I end up moving, I'll have a better connection so I'll be able to use my headset and be a team player without being a horrible, laggy, echo-ey mess!

I can't wait!

Please, keep me in the clan as I will be back and ready to co-operate.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I don't think we're in a rush to kick anyone so no worries!

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
What time are BUTT and HUGS PS4 players active? I usually get on around 1100 PM ET so that maybe why I don't ever see any platoon peeps online.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WALLGOD posted:

What time are BUTT and HUGS PS4 players active? I usually get on around 1100 PM ET so that maybe why I don't ever see any platoon peeps online.

We've been a bit more dispersed lately, but usually evenings Eastern are good, once it ticks up towards midnight us Olds on the East Coast go to bed

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Ol Standard Retard posted:

We've been a bit more dispersed lately, but usually evenings Eastern are good, once it ticks up towards midnight us Olds on the East Coast go to bed

Figured so. I should have some time this weekend to play so I hope to see some of you BUTTS online!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Wife is outta town this weekend so you will definitely see some mustard...maybe some gas too :angel:

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

What's the platoon name anyways? I tried searching BUTT

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ardent Communist posted:

What's the platoon name anyways? I tried searching BUTT

And it didn't show up?

What about "Butt Clan"

V come on and slam and welcome to buttclan V

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 12, 2017

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

that worked. i applied.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'll probably be around most of the night so if anyone sees me online playing something else, just summon me with a party invite.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I would be doing this right now but PSN is refusing to load my friends list / do other things beyond Be Connected right now sooo

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Any xbone butts want to play?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

e.pilot posted:

Any xbone butts want to play?

I'll be on tomorrow night after 10 for an hour or two

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I waved the Butt flag proudly last night on St Quentin Scar. Howitzer Light Tank is good, especially for taking out snipers in those pesky windmills. And the rest of the windmill :v:

There was a group of people that insisted on trying to snipe into the cathedral at B, a whole nest of them, and I just kept going over there and driving over them. Was good fun, that.

Rubber Bob
Apr 9, 2001
PS4 Goons; Any good tips on settings? My game has gotten tons better since I've upped the sensitivity and increased the FOV. And reducing the stick deadzone, of course. Am I missing something? I still can't effectively use any scoped weapons.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The general recommendation is lowering sensitivity if you are having trouble aiming.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah lower your zoom sensitivity or whatever it's called till you can aim comfortably, then slowly increase it over time. You'll be pulling off 1337 quickscopes in no time.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I've been slowly increasing my sensitivity 1% at a time from 30, I think I'm in the mid 40s now and just absolutely lethal.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I actually use a sensitivity of 20 and I'm at a 3.45 kdr. Just use what feels comfortable for you. This isn't CoD where you need an absurdly high sensitivity just to hope to kill someone. If you find you over aim just lower it.

My sensitivity while ADSing is 52 I believe, still pretty low since I think the default is 50 for ADS

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I should probably start recording videos of games. Last night with BUTT KREW i drilled a spawn sniper through the peephole of the sniper shield with ironsights at 150m. ONE SHOT ONE KILL USMC FOR LIFE BITHC. and then threw an anti tank grenade that quad-killed a tank during the endgame screen.

fun times, bros.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

I should probably start recording videos of games. Last night with BUTT KREW i drilled a spawn sniper through the peephole of the sniper shield with ironsights at 150m. ONE SHOT ONE KILL USMC FOR LIFE BITHC. and then threw an anti tank grenade that quad-killed a tank during the endgame screen.

fun times, bros.

that was a pretty fun match actually, we held them for a long-rear end time

also backup thorouhgly pwned me complaining about lag but picked up on my Starfox reference so on balance we still tight

hashtag el pozo de mierda

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Rubber Bob posted:

PS4 Goons; Any good tips on settings? My game has gotten tons better since I've upped the sensitivity and increased the FOV. And reducing the stick deadzone, of course. Am I missing something? I still can't effectively use any scoped weapons.

If you're having trouble with scopes you might want to try turning on uniform soldier aiming which they don't explain for poo poo. What it does is ignore the absurd array of individual zoom sensitivities they have for all the magnification levels and lets you focus on just one: uniform aiming coefficient. It's confusing as balls so it took me a while to decipher this nonsense and I could get into it further if you want

fwiw you sound like a banzai guy so here's what I use for flankmans n stabmans:
Soldier: 60 (I actually start at 40 if I'm switching over from another game and then bump up to 60 once I settle in)
Vehicle: 100
Zoom: 50
Uniform soldier aiming coefficient: 160
FOV: 70
Vehicle FOV: 95
Motion blur: 0

I found my Kay Dee Rrr was highest when my Soldier sensitivity was 20 but my HFR (having fun ratio) plummeted. Banzai 4 life, pistols 'n' parkour crew represent

Also when I looked this up I decided to check out the in-game custom mapping and woah, I suggest everyone replace "Full map" with "Zoom minimap" which lets you switch between 75m/150m/300m zooms. Pretty nifty. (I also set Interact to the same button as my ADS because...I'm pretty much staring at whatever bomb or thing I'm messing with anyway. Gas mask is also way better as down d-pad instead of up :eng101:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Do you guys use your mics? My cat chewed through mine a long time ago and I've never replaced it.