Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Person willing to work with Trumps for many years is an rear end in a top hat, film at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

you shouldn't say retard, its 2017.

OK RETARD

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The article is a pro click. The guy isn't just mad, he is Mad. "Come back in fifteen minutes with an even more mad email" mad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ice cream snakes posted:

This is from a few pages back, but in Hollywood at least, if you work in entertainment you're almost always an independent contractor but can get access to pay standardization and health care through the various guilds and unions. For example, once an actor is able to join SAGAFTRA, they know that if they're booked on a job they'll always make at least the scale rate for the type of production, have access to the guild health plan, and there's also a retirement pension plan.

I'm guessing wrestlers don't have any kind of union, right? Does the WWE provide any kind of healthcare or pension for these guys who spent their lives jumping through folding tables?

There's no wrestler's union in WWE and American wrestling in general. There are various reasons for it, but in general promoters don't want unions and the main event guys who make the big $$$ don't really want to give up their slice of the pie for the curtain jerkers.

WWE covers medical expenses related to in though the ring and rehab.

Wrestling is some people will do up through their mid-40s (though some people will go much longer), it's very much a young man's sport. There isn't a pension, though WWE will move you into some sort of production or training role once you can't perform anymore and they like you. Otherwise, better hope you saved your money or open a wrestling academy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The article is a pro click. The guy isn't just mad, he is Mad. "Come back in fifteen minutes with an even more mad email" mad.

gently caress legal definitions of assault this poo poo's funny.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

The best part is -

"watch your back bitch" quoth: Suge Knight Mark E. Kasowitz, Member of the Board of Directors, New York Legal Aid Society. Member of the Advisory Committee, New York Supreme Court - Civil - Commercial Division. lol what the loving hell

Gangsta.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

quote:

When considering whether words constitute a true threat versus protected speech, “the threat has to be credible and the person has to intend to make the victim fear imminent physical harm,’’ said Danielle Citron, a University of Maryland law professor and author of a book on online harassment.

I learned a thing today.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KickerOfMice posted:

The best part is -

"watch your back bitch" quoth: Suge Knight Mark E. Kasowitz, Member of the Board of Directors, New York Legal Aid Society. Member of the Advisory Committee, New York Supreme Court - Civil - Commercial Division. lol what the loving hell

Gangsta.

He should be run out of every credible legal organization on a rail.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

androo posted:

mkasowitz@kasowitz.com for anyone interested

everybody just hit him up with "fight me, bitch"

I just emailed him "Is Donald Trump your dad?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

USERNAME/POST C-C-C-COMBO

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Cactus Jack posted:

They'll pay for surgeries and rehab for injuries suffered in their rings. They will also pay for drug rehab, since so many people they've previously employed have died from drug use over the years and they don't want the PR hit. Otherwise they get no retirement/pension/healthcare and there is no collective bargaining/union.

exploded mummy posted:

There's no wrestler's union in WWE and American wrestling in general. There are various reasons for it, but in general promoters don't want unions and the main event guys who make the big $$$ don't really want to give up their slice of the pie for the curtain jerkers.

WWE covers medical expenses related to in though the ring and rehab.

Wrestling is some people will do up through their mid-40s (though some people will go much longer), it's very much a young man's sport. There isn't a pension, though WWE will move you into some sort of production or training role once you can't perform anymore and they like you. Otherwise, better hope you saved your money or open a wrestling academy.

Thanks for these. Wrestling is such a weird business but I'm admittedly basing my entire opinion on an Ultimate Warrior documentary I saw once.

Anyway I'm sure Dwayne Johnson learned the value of having strong worker protections from his wrestling days and will apply those lessons to his campaign platform.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

quote:

In another email, Kasowitz wrote: “Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of poo poo. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid.” And later: “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

Telling someone "I already know where you live, I'm on you...You will see me." is a lot more threatening than "Watch your back" from a legal standpoint I'd imagine?

https://www.propublica.org/article/marc-kasowitz-trump-lawyer-threat-emails-maddow

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I hope the NY State Bar sanctions Kasowitz because lmao

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Reminder that Trump will hire only the best people.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Mark E. Kasowitz posted:

“I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

:stare:

That's the type of thing an angry fifteen year old, whose parents finally let him get a katana, would type. what is h

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

While Trump was ogling another president's wife today,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...f4tJm7eQ_smlwYA

92 year old Jimmy Carter collapsed from heat building houses for poor people.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I wish Senate Republicans would just put the bill to a vote instead of subjecting everyone to their agonizing incompetence day after loving day.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

:stare:

That's the type of thing an angry fifteen year old, whose parents finally let him get a katana, would type. what is h

oh no Kasowitz got to you mid post :ohdear:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

I'll thank you not to include my subjects in your email feuds. The Sharklasers are a fine people, and I am their king.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Trabisnikof posted:

...all we are saying is give collaboration collusion a chance...

Fixed that for you.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have no clue.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
How amazing would it be if they investigated Trump's lawyer for harassment, got a warrant for the laptop he sent the e-mails from, and found a treasure trove of Russia collusion evidence? We'd have to call it BroGate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I really hope Carter outlives Trump. If he can hang in to 100 I think he has a chance.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/885607026025476096

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/885572241274044418
Also lol this isn't even a greedy republican move this is just basically admitting the whole GOP is compromised

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Kasowitz could easily get a public reprimand or somesuch from his state bar on this, but the thing he really needs to think about is his drinking, and the real worry he has with the bar is his drinking.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Ha ha ha hail hydra

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ice cream snakes posted:

Thanks for these. Wrestling is such a weird business but I'm admittedly basing my entire opinion on an Ultimate Warrior documentary I saw once.

Anyway I'm sure Dwayne Johnson learned the value of having strong worker protections from his wrestling days and will apply those lessons to his campaign platform.

You might want to try Beyond the Mat and Wrestling With Shadows.

Invidentally, there is a union in CMLL (one of the 2 major Mexican promotions), though the effectiveness of which can be questioned.

The old head of the union (Brazo de Oro) who a lot of people died. Ultimo Guerrero didn't really want another member of his family to represent the wrestlers. As a result, a bunch of his Brazo's family members (La Mascara, Maximo Sexy, Psycho Clown' and others) destroyed Ultimo Guerrero's car after bribing a security guard but someone caught them on a cellphone.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Randbrick posted:

Kasowitz could easily get a public reprimand or somesuch from his state bar on this, but the thing he really needs to think about is his drinking, and the real worry he has with the bar is his drinking.

Hell I forgot about that. I wonder how many clients/opposing counsel he's drunkenly emailed threats to.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Say it with me folks: Piss tape is real.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I've been busy with school and work in Britain for the past two months, can anyone catch me up on goings on across the pond?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

At least he will get good healthcare while recovering. :v:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Darth Windu posted:

I've been busy with school and work in Britain for the past two months, can anyone catch me up on goings on across the pond?

GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Darth Windu posted:

Extend your stay and buy a helmet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

exploded mummy posted:

You might want to try Beyond the Mat and Wrestling With Shadows.

Invidentally, there is a union in CMLL (one of the 2 major Mexican promotions), though the effectiveness of which can be questioned.

The old head of the union (Brazo de Oro) who a lot of people died. Ultimo Guerrero didn't really want another member of his family to represent the wrestlers. As a result, a bunch of his Brazo's family members (La Mascara, Maximo Sexy, Psycho Clown' and others) destroyed Ultimo Guerrero's car after bribing a security guard but someone caught them on a cellphone.

This sounds like a wrestling angle

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Darth Windu posted:

Stay over there

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

They confirmed Mace Windu can't be Supreme Leader Snoke with Finn as his son, because then his name would be Finn Windu and that sounds stupid.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

Oh you blessed, uninfected child - ignorant of our new world. Please, stay that way, for your own sake, and for those around you...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Winnipeg? Sweet jesus, Jimmy, come back at pretty much any other month of the year and I guarantee that you won't have to worry about heat and dehydration. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/885572241274044418
Also lol this isn't even a greedy republican move this is just basically admitting the whole GOP is compromised

He has lied on his loving disclosure form and three goddamn times now submitted additional contacts.

His loving security clearance needs to AT LEAST be reviewed and re-affirmed.

• Locked thread