Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Boy I hope stardew valley comes out soon to end this extremely enlightening topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess the thing I don't understand is why don't they run the patch that lets you backdash rather than seeking out unicorn controllers?

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Please just ignore the Melee scene. It's not there to be accessible or cater to new players. No one actually likes it, and you shouldn't be offended or care about how they dick around with broken controllers and use CRTs etc. Just ignore them like you ignore other poo poo you don't care about at all.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Indiana Jones and the Last Wavebird Controller

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do you know that a properly functioning GameCube pad without a skewed analog stick is pretty rare?

Aren't repros incredibly common? Even Nintendo did a run a couple years ago

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

angel opportunity posted:

Please just ignore the Melee scene. It's not there to be accessible or cater to new players. No one actually likes it, and you shouldn't be offended or care about how they dick around with broken controllers and use CRTs etc. Just ignore them like you ignore other poo poo you don't care about at all.

can do

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
This is 50 times worse than anything in the first thread. And I say this as the person who was sent stolen goods and wished death upon and accidentally became a criminal by trying said stolen goods out to make sure of what they were.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 13, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What the gently caress y'all

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

NofrikinfuN posted:

RE: Minecraft
My wife bought the WiiU version a couple years ago. Does anyone else get weirded out by the music? Something about it seems... Unsettling.

Me. I always have to turn the music off after a few minutes on any new installation of Minecraft. It makes the caves too creepy. C418 is a cool composer though.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

LethalGeek posted:

It's an actual thing in electric/computer engineering because buttons exist in 4 states (open, closing, closed, opening) and which one you're in at an instant can actually matter when checking that input.

Nawwww

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/885600285376167936

Rexroom posted:

3rd party woes, a play in two acts

Act one

Act two

https://twitter.com/lawbreakers/status/885305442364256257

I suspect some devs are passing the Switch because they're ignorant as hell.

The DS4's touchpad also acts as 4 buttons (or 1 general button) plus 4 different swipe directions for a minimum possible 5 extra inputs so :confused:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is 50 times worse than anything in the first thread. And I say this as the person who was sent stolen goods and wished death upon and accidentally became a criminal by trying said stolen goods out to make sure of what they were.

Your "I was just trying it out" defense will not fool anyone here about the gravity of your heinous Amiibo crimes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Policenaut posted:

The DS4's touchpad also acts as 4 buttons (or 1 general button) plus 4 different swipe directions for a minimum possible 5 extra inputs so :confused:

Though that is true I have yet to myself encounter a game that did anything meaningful with that. Lots of games just use pressing the touchpad as "bring up the map" or something.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The Switch is good and I've been spending an ungodly amount of Zelda this past week as a result. I got a Pro Controller with it, but honestly, I've been playing it in handheld mode more than anything else.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

According to the replies, the box art they have there is fan art, so this is almost certainly not real.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The image they're using for the box art is fan art, so I would be incredibly skeptical of that listing. I would not be surprised by FE Fates: Complete Edition but I doubt that's it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

grand theft grotto posted:

Though that is true I have yet to myself encounter a game that did anything meaningful with that. Lots of games just use pressing the touchpad as "bring up the map" or something.

I'm playing Elite Dangerous right now and it uses all four corners to do various functions (cycling through weapon subsystems, bringing up various ship menus). Games like Witcher 3 also use the various swipe directions to bring up various menus instead of having to fumble around the terrible console UI. It's entirely possible that Lawbreakers is some kind of sperg as gently caress arena FPS with a lot of button commands and they just shoved a bunch into the touchpad controls I guess?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Policenaut posted:

I'm playing Elite Dangerous right now and it uses all four corners to do various functions (cycling through weapon subsystems, bringing up various ship menus). Games like Witcher 3 also use the various swipe directions to bring up various menus instead of having to fumble around the terrible console UI. It's entirely possible that Lawbreakers is some kind of sperg as gently caress arena FPS with a lot of button commands and they just shoved a bunch into the touchpad controls I guess?
Considering that the devs themselves tweeted out about the controllers actually having the same amount of buttons, I doubt that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

Boy I hope stardew valley comes out soon to end this extremely enlightening topic
It's time for the final round of...

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

Give me a W!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheel of Fortune is not currently slated for the Switch, but Monopoly is.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

I'd like to solve the puzzle!
Stirred
Chilled
Beer

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

thats not how you spell "DBZ Fighters When"

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

WHEEL
OF (SWITCH)
FORTUNE!

PHRASE
S T _ R _ E _
_ _ L L E _
_ _ E _ ?

STARVED
KILLED
DIED

Switch is for M games now

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad everyone agreed that the defective controller thing is cheating.

I mean really when one dude ragequits a entire tourney because his controller isn't broken the right way and refuses to even play then maybe the playing field isn't that even.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Zoran posted:

So if some method of input is impossible on typical controllers but is doable on controllers that are defective in the correct way, and being able to do this special input allows you to perform tricks in the game that are not possible ordinarily, that's kosher? What if there were some useful trick performed by, say, being able to input opposite directions on the D-Pad at the same time, and in order to do that you'd need to physically break the D-Pad? Would that be something a community should endorse in order to enable this special trick?

Funny you mention opposite directions on a D-Pad. There's a controller some fighting game nerds use called a hitbox that allows you to do exactly this. Off the top of my head, I know this gives you an advantage in Marvel vs Capcom 3 because you are able to block both left and right at the same time, making crossups useless.

However, to even be allowed to use a hitbox at a tournament, you have to install a piece of hardware called a SOCD cleaner which then removes this ability to push opposite directions at the same time. So I guess you could say there's a precedence to not allow this kind of hardware quirk in other games.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm glad everyone agreed that the defective controller thing is cheating.

I mean really when one dude ragequits a entire tourney because his controller isn't broken the right way and refuses to even play then maybe the playing field isn't that even.

When you have a pro go "oh my busted controller isn't busted properly, I withdraw" that's when you as an organizer really need to ask yourself if it's worth hosting tournaments for a game whose 'best' players rely on an outright hardware advantage.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Aw man the Splatoon 2 pro controller is 5 dollars more than the regular pro controller. What the heck

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

When you have a pro go "oh my busted controller isn't busted properly, I withdraw" that's when you as an organizer really need to ask yourself if it's worth hosting tournaments for a game whose 'best' players rely on an outright hardware advantage.

if people are having fun playing the game and going to events why wouldn't running it be worth it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Fluffy posted:

The SSBM competitive oroborous just continues to grow smaller and more self-contained while still somehow containing the same overall volume of drama and toxicity as any other competitive game, which means either 1. the tournament runner doesn't want to deal with the death threats of not having SSBM at their tournament, or 2. they're one of the SSBM enthusiasts who would never dream of removing SSBM from said tournament.

that said I'm pretty sure most "Tournaments with SSBM" are SSBM ONLY, NO SEQUELS, FINAL DESTINATION at this point anyways so

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

whaley posted:

Aw man the Splatoon 2 pro controller is 5 dollars more than the regular pro controller. What the heck

green plastic is expensive

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Wheel of Fortune is not currently slated for the Switch, but Monopoly is.

Monopoly Gamer: Mario Edition would be perfect for the Switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have no doubt this version will have dlc skins.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Monopoly Gamer: Mario Edition would be perfect for the Switch

Why does Donkey Kong always have a rape face?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Why does Donkey Kong always have a rape face?

Gorilla mindset.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pull up Nintendo switch thread. Pull up

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So I've decided I want a neon blue or neon red joycon set. A dude on a train had the neon switch and it was instant envy for me because it looks so much better in person than it did on any promo shot I've seen. Does anyone have and good shots of them that are indicative of what they look like in person? I want to decide on a color. Bonus points if they are connected to the switch. Extra bonus points if you find two reds on a switch and two blues on a switch.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I have no doubt this version will have dlc skins.

No joke, Luigi is a paid add-on, you have to buy his figurine and ability card for $2

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Artix posted:

The image they're using for the box art is fan art, so I would be incredibly skeptical of that listing. I would not be surprised by FE Fates: Complete Edition but I doubt that's it.

Anyone can't just add an Amazon listing though right? Maybe someone there got the listing and just threw up whatever they saw on Google image search?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Norns posted:

Pull up Nintendo switch thread. Pull up

• Locked thread