Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the media bad dems don't seem to have any sort of substantive response to criticisms from the left

Bad dem ignore history because they desperate to explain away their Cleveland Browns like record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/885609644571414529

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

someone do one of those lovely microsoft sam over-dubs of the one scene from office space.

So what you do is you take the POLICY from the POOR PEOPLE and
you bring them down to the GOVERNMENT?

That, that's right.

Well, then I gotta ask, then why can't the POOR PEOPLE just take the
specifications directly to the GOVERNMENT, huh?

Well, uh, uh, uh, because, uh, THE GOVERNMENT are not good at dealing with
POOR PEOPLE.

You physically take the POLICY from the POOR PEOPLE?

Well, no, my, my FOCUS GROUP does that, or, or the PRIMARY OPPONENT.

Ah.

Then you must physically bring them to the GOVERNMENT.

Well...no. Yeah, I mean, sometimes.

Well, what would you say… you do here?

Well, look, I already told you. I deal with the goddamn POOR PEOPLE so
the GOVERNMENT don't have to!! I have POOR PEOPLE skills!! I am good at
dealing with POOR PEOPLE!!! Can't you understand that?!? WHAT THE HELL IS
WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!!!!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

GalacticAcid posted:

Felix Bieber: centrists are uh, retards, with autism. they are disabled, which is bad

as a poor person with brain problems i agree

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/885623552283615234

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ThndrShk2k posted:

💯🌹Corbowns🌹💯

Bernard

which one?

both of em bitch :q:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Spicy Takes.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
https://twitter.com/SupportFLOC/status/885581709529534464

After signing HB2 v2, the dem governor now signs this when it's far from veto proof, effectively giving the finger to the labor effort that got him there in the first place.

What are the dems even #resisting at this point?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

After signing HB2 v2, the dem governor now signs this when it's far from veto proof, effectively giving the finger to the labor effort that got him there in the first place.

Nobody knows.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:thunk:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Agnosticnixie posted:

..........The Democrats!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agnosticnixie posted:

Obama was the classic democrat promising hope and change.

Then bailed out wall street bankers while letting main street get destroyed.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

etalian posted:

Obama was the classic democrat promising hope and change.

Then bailed out wall street bankers while letting main street get destroyed.

wow you care a lot about street names????

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Agnosticnixie posted:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so did y'all know that the cladding used in grenfell tower was used in the united states?

apparently the city of baltimore doesn't

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

so did y'all know that the cladding used in grenfell tower was used in the united states?

apparently the city of baltimore doesn't

Isn't that material supposed to be illegal in the US?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
only a good guy with highly combustible exterior cladding can stop a bad guy with highly combustible exterior cladding

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's rhetorical. :shrug:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That poo poo hasn't matter since long before Trump was born, if it ever did.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if people dont want to burn to death in the middle of the night they should have the foresight to pull building plans and cross reference them against the fire safety record for each individual component of the building, like a rational actor would do

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

outside of an extremely narrow band of twitter retards, that will not happen

the bulk of people who voted for her in the primary did so because they thought she was a winner who could stop the GOP

they will not be fooled again
lol

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

oh hey, you mentioned that you're only doing one building but you're buying enough cladding to do several buildings' worth considering the height limit i know you're probably not planning on doing this but here's your order anyway hope everything works out oh good the check cleared bye

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

if people dont want to burn to death in the middle of the night they should have the foresight to pull building plans and cross reference them against the fire safety record for each individual component of the building, like a rational actor would do

apparently the building plans don't have the info in them. and everyone is collectively shrugging about it. city officials are saying idiot poo poo like "well we expect the architect to follow the law..." and the architect's saying "oops i deleted everything on that ancient building"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

oh hey, you mentioned that you're only doing one building but you're buying enough cladding to do several buildings' worth considering the height limit i know you're probably not planning on doing this but here's your order anyway hope everything works out oh good the check cleared bye

lmao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The Architect almost certainly followed the law, the sub-contractor, of the Cayman Island's based Contractor on the other hand....

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

legal is what you can get away with and always has been since the dawn of time

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hot fuckin take I know

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The Architect almost certainly followed the law, the sub-contractor, of the Cayman Island's based Contractor on the other hand....

In a tragic outcome, it turns out it wasn't actually anyone's fault therefore your insurance claim is denied.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

do you disagree? i really dont think she can make it through another primary

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

apparently the building plans don't have the info in them. and everyone is collectively shrugging about it. city officials are saying idiot poo poo like "well we expect the architect to follow the law..." and the architect's saying "oops i deleted everything on that ancient building"

ok well i suppose in this ONE INSTANCE its bad then

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

Right, cause the planned building materials always line up with the actual.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Right, cause the planned building materials always line up with the actual.

of course that's a factor, so as a rational actor its your job to visit the site weeks in advance and take core samples of the major materials to send to a lab for imaging. anything less and ur a complete moron

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

consumed by normies posted:

this but unironically

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

GalacticAcid posted:

Felix Bieber: centrists are uh, retards, with autism. they are disabled, which is bad

Me: this is beyond reproach and will save the left

Yeah Felix is problematic, what else is new. He's one of those people who has a far-right personality but leftist politics, kind of like SA did back in 2010 with Helldump and LF.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd be fairly safe in saying that more than likely that the baltimore marriot isn't an isolated incident.

that's the thing about this new age in which we live: there's always more, it is always worse.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah Felix is problematic, what else is new. He's one of those people who has a far-right personality but leftist politics, kind of like SA did back in 2010 with Helldump and LF.

lol at ceding vulgarity to the right

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

unironically this, as I'm going to guess the infinitely shittier UBC was used instead of NFPA to pull this one through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i'd be fairly safe in saying that more than likely that the baltimore marriot isn't an isolated incident.

that's the thing about this new age in which we live: there's always more, it is always worse.

love to live in a nightmare world where i could be burned alive in my home so some rich prick could save a few bucks

• Locked thread