Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterspin posted:

Morghoul 2. Pop blind on their caster, shoot with 1/2 units of preying brigands, close with 1/2 primaled Archidons.

I like this. I like it a lot. Couldn't you also get Mortality on the caster, if you absolutely, positively, need something dead? I'm also thinking that a lot of ambushing (Bog Trogs + Bloodrunners) and a few other stealthy units could be rather fun, even if it's not actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Blindwalker to arc mortality? Zaadesh1 with a battle boar and a shaman to provide the fury to pull it all off in one turn?

Feat, arc mortality onto blinded caster, shoot with both units, battle boar primals one archidon, zaal or shaman the other, send in the birds.

Morg2
Archidon
Archidon
Blindwalker
Zaadesh1
Battle Boar
Cyclops Shaman
Full Brigands + UA
Full Brigands + UA
Min Beast Handlers
Max Blood Runners
Gobber Chef
And then you get 2 free Skorne solos?
Mortitheurge, maybe double mortitheurge to get puppet strings for landing mortality or maximizing your archidon charges.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 13, 2017

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterspin posted:

Blindwalker to arc mortality? Zaadesh1 with a battle boar and a shaman to provide the fury to pull it all off in one turn?

Feat, arc mortality onto blinded caster, shoot with both units, battle boar primals one archidon, zaal or shaman the other, send in the birds.

Morg2
Archidon
Archidon
Blindwalker
Zaadesh1
Battle Boar
Cyclops Shaman
Full Brigands + UA
Full Brigands + UA
Min Beast Handlers
Max Blood Runners

Can you take Zaadesh in theme? If so, Zaadesh2 might be an awesome warlock choice.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

No, you're right. But the battleboar + shaman trick works just fine in Morg's battlegroup, frees up points to go max beast handlers. Zaadesh out, max the beast handlers, add a Paingiver task master?

Morg2
*Archidon
*Archidon
*Blindwalker
*Battle Boar
*Cyclops Shaman
Full Brigands + UA
Full Brigands + UA
Max Beast Handlers
Max Blood Runners
Paingiver Task master
2 x mortitheurge

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like it. Can I ask what the advantage to taking the Willbreakers over Master Tormentors is? I don't think Tough really helps out the Paingivers, so is it just trying for Puppet Strings and going for more chances to Crit Pitch?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Puppet string + extended control for Morghoul for turns when you maybe want to use an Archidon and then sprint away? Master Tormentors could easily be better here though, I was just trying to focus as much on the assassination as possible. Puppet strings for Morghoul seems good too since his fury is only 6. They just seem useful for both the assassination and any turn where you're not going for the throat.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 13, 2017

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterspin posted:

Puppet string + extended control for Morghoul for turns when you maybe want to use an Archidon and then sprint away? Master Tormentors could easily be better here though, I was just trying to focus as much on the assassination as possible. Puppet strings for Morghoul seems good too since his fury is only 6. They just seem useful for both the assassination and any turn where you're not going for the throat.

No, those all seem valid. I just didn't know what the plan was, and Willbreakers don't seem all that cool with a heavy beast package now that they lost Ancillary Attack

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

I ran a Naaresh version of this theme last night, with 5 Savages, a Shaman, and a Wrastler.

Turns out to be real funny when a 7 point light handily one rounds a 19 point heavy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Gorefiend posted:

I ran a Naaresh version of this theme last night, with 5 Savages, a Shaman, and a Wrastler.

Turns out to be real funny when a 7 point light handily one rounds a 19 point heavy.

gently caress yeah.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like the idea of a cyclops rush a bit, so here's one I've been spitballing:

Morghoul1 (+30)
Battle Boar (7)
Battle Boar (7)
Savage (7)
Savage (7)
Savage (7)
Savage (7)
Brute (8)
Brute (8)
Brute (8)

Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (17)
Max PGBH (7)
Max PGBH (7)
Min Bone Grinders (5)
Bellows Crew (2)
Paingiver Master Tormentor (0)

I'm holding off on getting anything until the CID is over and the list is solidified, but this seems like something that might have legs. You have a little less hitting power than the all savage version (Brutes are 4 P+S 18s and a 17 vs. 4 P+S 19s from a Savage) but the MAT reduction is not much of a loss when you consider the +2 from Primal when you need it. And Brutes as durable, being effectively DEF 15 vs. Charges combined with Star Crossed and Intuition. The Bone Grinders are there to provide a free card, as well as to take hits for Morghoul and Craft Talisman if needed.

My two questions to people are:

1. Would a Willbreaker be better than a Master Tormentor here? The former is just a beat stick solo that I get for free, so there's not some secret Synergy I'm disrupting.
2. I have an extra point left, so maybe I should convert one of the Savages into a Brute or Shaman. I can also sub out a Savage for a pair of Razor Boars, but that seems strictly weaker.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'd go second battle boar to shaman.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterspin posted:

I'd go second battle boar to shaman.

Seems reasonable. I also fully admit part of the reason I was going with this list is that I have 4 Savages and 3 Brutes. This also moves back towards only one Minion warbeast. I expect to only be able to get 0-1 beast in the final implementation of the theme. I like the theme the way it is, but there's almost no chance that Skorne get to become Minions++ with this theme. Even if it doesn't become too powerful, the optics on it for the game are horrible.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Gyrmkin is in War Room now, but it's buggy as heck. Some people can see them in both browse and listbuilding mode, some in only one (me, listbuilding) and some can't seem them at all. My card backgrounds are also really hosed up.

Also goddamn, those LE warlock cards. I wish I had a LnL ninja.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Updating the app itself through the App Store seems to fix the grymkin problems. Wish they'd said to do so in some release notes or something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah update the app to be problem free. They also added Old Witch 2 who is disgustingly strong. Windstorm on an 18" control range!

Rules question: Does an attack with an aoe of * count as an aoe attack for the purposes of Artillerist? (i.e. can Old Witch 2 benefit from it?)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Surprised no-one has said anything about the rumored new Skorne theme.

Doug Hamilton was playing it at lock and load.

From the picture it looks like

Zaal2
Drake
Krea
Agonzier
Shaman

Hakaar
3x Ancestral Guardians
2x Void spirits

3x Immortals (full) w/ Extoller Advocates
Min PGBH.

also appears that any model that can gain souls, starts with one.
Appears to be roughly 17 points of free stuff and I am incredibly excited.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They better give us an Ordic theme list if the Llaelese are going to get one. :colbert:

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Azran posted:

They better give us an Ordic theme list if the Llaelese are going to get one. :colbert:

Mariners playable yet?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Lt Gwen Keller was posted on the Cygnar group and hot drat will she be fun to field.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I'm wondering what PP is going to do to make mercs/minions be able to compete with the other factions now that they are planning to allow more mercs and Minions into theme lists.

Also Kolgrimma looks really drat good on paper, squishy as hell, but still that suite of spells and abilities is scary.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Lt Gwen Keller was posted on the Cygnar group and hot drat will she be fun to field.

Got a link? I'd love to see what we're getting. Also, I am super happy she doesn't have boob-plate.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

rantmo posted:

Got a link? I'd love to see what we're getting. Also, I am super happy she doesn't have boob-plate.

Spd 5, Mat 7, Rat 6, Def 13, Arm 16.

Storm blade gun pow12 and sword p+s 13, Storm Smith grenades. Quick Work and Force Barrier. 4 points.

I'm not really too excited about her.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

waah posted:

Zaal2
Drake
Krea
Agonzier
Shaman

Hakaar
3x Ancestral Guardians
2x Void spirits

Min PGBH.

That list is terrifying as a Ghost Fleet player.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Actually I am playing my first event in ages this weekend and a bunch of out of towners are around so ghost fleet might be a new thing and I don't know much about it. What's the super scary stuff I need to know about as Menoth?

Considering amon w/heavies and kreoss pop and drop as mentioned earlier - I'm thinking Kreoss as judicator+2 redeemers+idrians means I'm not helpless against the infantry spam. I have a lack of incorporeal answers in either list though and Kreoss is relatively squishy. Might swap in Kell though to have at least one option against the incorporeal stuff.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

xiw posted:

Actually I am playing my first event in ages this weekend and a bunch of out of towners are around so ghost fleet might be a new thing and I don't know much about it. What's the super scary stuff I need to know about as Menoth?

Considering amon w/heavies and kreoss pop and drop as mentioned earlier - I'm thinking Kreoss as judicator+2 redeemers+idrians means I'm not helpless against the infantry spam. I have a lack of incorporeal answers in either list though and Kreoss is relatively squishy. Might swap in Kell though to have at least one option against the incorporeal stuff.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but Reznik2 seems like he'd be a good option against Ghost Fleet between his feat and Spellpiercer

S.J.
May 19, 2008

mp5 posted:

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but Reznik2 seems like he'd be a good option against Ghost Fleet between his feat and Spellpiercer

Plus he doesn't have to worry about getting randomly shot off the loving board.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Zaal2
Drake
Krea
Agonzier
Shaman

Hakaar
3x Ancestral Guardians
2x Void spirits

Min PGBH.

So Skornes four themes are Venators, Exalted/Immortals, Paingivers/Minions, and a mystery theme which we have good odds on figuring out today? Seems pretty good to me. The only question to me is if Disciples of Pain is one of the three book themes (i.e. it was just spoiled a few days ahead, or if it's a CID test of the fourth theme. I'd guess the last one will either be Pretorians or Cataphracts whenever it shows up. I'd prefer sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure Skorne *needs* it as much as Mercs, CoC, and Trolls need to get to three themes. Minions too, but I'm utterly unsure what the third theme is that doesn't require a massive model release.

I've been playing a dramatically similar list to the one Doug Hamilton is using. Way less solos of course (No void spirits and only two AGs), and I had some cheaper infantry in place of the third Immortal unit. It played very well into existing themed armies, and the extra stuff is almost just letting the rich get richer. I'm also utterly surprised it's one of the ones in the book, because I thought initially it would be a later theme release.

EDIT: Did list math. It appears to be 2 AGs and Hakaar as the free solos, and a free solo per 20 points of troops of any type. Math doesn't work out if it's only Immortal units, or if more expensive solos aren't allowed as free choices. So getting 5-7pt solos for free is now the new normal for themes.

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 14, 2017

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
So I noticed in war room all my cards have a numeric value in the upper right-hand corner inside a white circle is that a bug displaying an ability or is it some new thing I have missed? numbers range from 30-50 so far.

ok, my friend and I just worked it its showing base size of the model didn't realise they had added that.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 14, 2017

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rkajdi posted:

So Skornes four themes are Venators, Exalted/Immortals, Paingivers/Minions, and a mystery theme which we have good odds on figuring out today? Seems pretty good to me. The only question to me is if Disciples of Pain is one of the three book themes (i.e. it was just spoiled a few days ahead, or if it's a CID test of the fourth theme. I'd guess the last one will either be Pretorians or Cataphracts whenever it shows up. I'd prefer sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure Skorne *needs* it as much as Mercs, CoC, and Trolls need to get to three themes. Minions too, but I'm utterly unsure what the third theme is that doesn't require a massive model release.

I've been playing a dramatically similar list to the one Doug Hamilton is using. Way less solos of course (No void spirits and only two AGs), and I had some cheaper infantry in place of the third Immortal unit. It played very well into existing themed armies, and the extra stuff is almost just letting the rich get richer. I'm also utterly surprised it's one of the ones in the book, because I thought initially it would be a later theme release.

EDIT: Did list math. It appears to be 2 AGs and Hakaar as the free solos, and a free solo per 20 points of troops of any type. Math doesn't work out if it's only Immortal units, or if more expensive solos aren't allowed as free choices. So getting 5-7pt solos for free is now the new normal for themes.

Rumor has it that Skorne still has yet to see their book themes.

Skinions and All the immortals ever are supposes to both be due for CID.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Rumor has it that Skorne still has yet to see their book themes.

Skinions and All the immortals ever are supposes to both be due for CID.

So Skorne would get to five when there are other major factions that aren't at four yet? That's a bad look. I was thinking about it on my drive in, and besides the themes that we know about, there are only really three themes left for Skorne that make sense to cover the existing models-- Cataphracts, Pretorians, and a beast theme maybe. I'm not saying you can't do more later, but that's enough to fix the coverage problem of every unit, beast, solo, etc. fitting in one or more themes so they playable in a modern sense. Which is really where themes should have been before they started releasing them, but whatever.

Unless PP is getting smart and releasing a lot of themes for all factions very quickly. I'd think if there's no new model to test for them, you could slide a theme in alongside other stuff, or just have a theme CID test 6-8 of them. I have to think that 5-6 themes if you're a little bit broad with them will cover every existing model in every faction, so a few mega theme waves in CID would be enough. The only problem comes in if you do something like say give Nihiliators or Paingivers a CA later. You never tested it as a free option when you did Disciples of Pain, because the CA clause there meant nothing at the time. I have to think that's why stuff is getting siloed into subfactions, so you can mess around with some stuff without having this horrible ripple effect throughout the whole faction.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I think part of the optics problem with Skorne is that their book with themes was supposed to come out in April/May originally. But instead we got the faction redo, which I was and still am happy about.

But we didn't get any of the themes then, so now we are gonna get theme dump because we are getting the themes in CID that we were supposed to get around now AND the ones we were supposed to get a couple months ago.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

I think part of the optics problem with Skorne is that their book with themes was supposed to come out in April/May originally. But instead we got the faction redo, which I was and still am happy about.

But we didn't get any of the themes then, so now we are gonna get theme dump because we are getting the themes in CID that we were supposed to get around now AND the ones we were supposed to get a couple months ago.

I agree, but the idea that any faction would get to five themes (can probably near perfect model coverage) while some are stuck at 2 or 3 is just not something you do as a designer if you don't want backlash. Again, this is less of a problem if a good number of the other factions stuck at 3 or less themes get something tested at the same time. Themes without new models should test out pretty quickly-- especially the Skorne stuff that has already undergone one big revision.

The Skorne revision was very nice to have, because some stuff they had just did not seem to be well thought out. I could never figure out the point of Makeda1 in vanilla MK3. Not in the "well she's not competitive" sense, but in the "I'm not sure what her playstyle is supposed to be" sense.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Do we know if there will be any liveblogs of the PP keynote panel later today (it is today, right?)

If not, would anyone mind doing so in here? I don't believe PP usually captions their stuff, and my hearing impairment means it's rough :smith:

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Keynote is starting now, should be on twitch too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

First print run of the new NQ comes with the new merc solo, so that's rad.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
What the gently caress Amazon Alexa is gonna answer any questions about war room stuff or dice math. They're also training it to teach new players the game. This is so rad

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

What the gently caress Amazon Alexa is gonna answer any questions about war room stuff or dice math. They're also training it to teach new players the game. This is so rad

lmao what the gently caress

S.J.
May 19, 2008

okay exclusive mini every month wtf

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Lol the beefcake models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.