Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

didn't already do a year of "I'll only eat meat I've killed and butchered myself?"

I still can't help but feel like he's some sort of robot trying to learn how to be hu-man

its a post from a while back

also that is exactly what he's doing, he's literally said so himself

he's extremely bad with people because autism and he's making a concentrated effort to overcome it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

he's extremely bad with people because autism and he's making a concentrated effort to overcome it

Zuck's Magical Autisy

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Remember in the Facebook movie when he's a turbo autist rear end in a top hat to his GF and then at the end we're supposed to root for him getting her back?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

ThePeavstenator posted:

Remember in the Facebook movie when he's a turbo autist rear end in a top hat to his GF and then at the end we're supposed to root for him getting her back?

that's a weird takeaway from the ending

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

the talent deficit posted:

that's a weird takeaway from the ending

It's been a while since I've seen it but the 2 things I remember thinking the entire time were:

-this movie is for any dummy who has heard of facebook
-drat they're painting this fuckface in an obnoxiously positive light, even when he does lovely stuff you can hear a narrator saying "but he felt bad about it inside as he continued to accrue obnoxious amounts of money and continue his behavior"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
sound cloud is basically dead

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of the PhD students in my lab when I was in grad school had gone to Harvard at the same time as Marky Z and knew him as an acquaintance

Her summary of The Social Network was "it's basically right about his personality, except there were way too many girls interacting with him."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

One of the PhD students in my lab when I was in grad school had gone to Harvard at the same time as Marky Z and knew him as an acquaintance

Her summary of The Social Network was "it's basically right about his personality, except there were way too many girls interacting with him."

ill be the surprised crowd of yosposters

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ThePeavstenator posted:

the google movie was way better

owen wilson and vince vaughn become interns for the free food and naptime

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's been a while since I've seen it but the 2 things I remember thinking the entire time were:

-this movie is for any dummy who has heard of facebook
-drat they're painting this fuckface in an obnoxiously positive light, even when he does lovely stuff you can hear a narrator saying "but he felt bad about it inside as he continued to accrue obnoxious amounts of money and continue his behavior"

the two things you should have gotten out of it were that fuckerberg is a lonely rear end in a top hat (like notch rn) and that ides are worthless unless you put a bunch of work into making them real

any positive light cast on fuckerberg is because movie people like that he implemented an idea kinda like they do which of course they find laudable

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

losing soundcloud is going to suck

also

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol if you don't think Zuck has partaken in hunting the most dangerous game and eaten his catch.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the google movie was way better

owen wilson and vince vaughn become interns for the free food and naptime

i mean i don't think that's "better" in that it was a big marketing vehicle for ~google culture~ and how google is your friend. "more accurate" i guess?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aaand tori's probed again

for what appears to be a truth that was too real for c-spam

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Munkeymon posted:

ides are worthless unless you put a bunch of work into making them real

ya, gotta get them good plugins

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ate all the Oreos posted:

aaand tori's probed again

for what appears to be a truth that was too real for c-spam

free tori

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mishaq posted:

free tori
still overpriced

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this has to be some kind of canary

quote:

Dev Bootcamp, the original "coding bootcamp," is shutting down, the company announced on Wednesday. The company's last cohort of students, who begin the program next week, will graduate in December and receive job search help before the school permanently shuts down.

Why it matters: Early coding bootcamps like Dev Bootcamp launched a boom in alternative education for programing skills, with some of the school's own alumni going on to found their own successful programs, like App Academy. Ultimately, the coding bootcamp craze highlighted not only the need to rethink computer science and programming education in traditional colleges, but also the increasing demand for workers with these technical skills.
Keep reading 87 words

Not sustainable:
Dev Bootcamp, which was acquired by education services company Kaplan in 2014, says it couldn't make its business model work. From its announcement on Facebook:

quote:

Since launching in 2012, we've been striving to find a viable business model that would enable us to further our vision of high-quality, immersive coding training that is broadly accessible to a diverse population, while also covering the critical day-to-day costs of running our campuses.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/885552089505681408
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/885552363230162944

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

some baby birds poop their poop inside a sealed up membrane like a little balloon that the parent birds can carry out of the nest and throw away somewhere else, keeping the nest clean

human fetuses in the womb eat bits of their hair and skin cells floating in the amniotic fluid then poo poo them out and eat it again and again until they're born :)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

human fetuses in the womb eat bits of their hair and skin cells floating in the amniotic fluid then poo poo them out and eat it again and again until they're born :)

they also drink their own pee and loud noises make them silently scream/cry

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/885343770031554560

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the comments are full of mad short guys

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the comments are full of mad short guys
death to fuckerberg supporters

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Oh jesus we're gonna have our own little jewish Napoleon aren't we

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i think we'd sooner elect a bald guy than a short guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well duh. male pattern baldness is directly linked to testosterone levels so the balder you are the more you are full of powerful male energy.

being short just means you got your growth stunted somehow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

call me when we elect a bald guy with a big beard though

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
lol eat poo poo comcast

https://twitter.com/comcast/status/885165857810386946

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

death to fuckerberg supporters

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

qirex posted:

didn't already do a year of "I'll only eat meat I've killed and butchered myself?"

I still can't help but feel like he's some sort of robot trying to learn how to be hu-man

where would you possibly get that idea

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/885658291493326848

Nevada?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
where else? desert land is cheap

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

salt flats make great testing grounds

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the hyper loop test was successful it went a whopping 70 miles per hour

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'm excited to hear about the first test intern getting his brain liquified once they get it to the promised speeds

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as a NORMAL HUMAN I enjoy a quick breakfast of DRY WHITE TOAST here in my everyday, average NEVER USED KITCHEN

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm excited to hear about the first test intern getting his brain liquified once they get it to the promised speeds
I'd guess the problems will be with deceleration

all you need is to maintain a near vacuum in a 12 foot tube several hundred miles long, no big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm more a four fried chickens and a coke man, myself

e: gently caress you qirex

yeah, they have a "test track" out there

here they are a year ago breaking new barriers in transportation technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNUYIL8kgs

• Locked thread