Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
This is like Ali G but way worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm half black from the belly button down

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

At the international level sport is frankly mimic warfare. But the significant thing is not the behaviour of the players but the attitude of the spectators: and, behind the spectators, of the nations who work themselves into furies over these absurd contests, and seriously believe — at any rate for short periods — that running, jumping and kicking a ball are tests of national virtue.

Even a leisurely game like cricket, demanding grace rather than strength, can cause much ill-will, as we saw in the controversy over body-line bowling and over the rough tactics of the Australian team that visited England in 1921. Football, a game in which everyone gets hurt and every nation has its own style of play which seems unfair to foreigners, is far worse. Worst of all is boxing. One of the most horrible sights in the world is a fight between white and coloured boxers before a mixed audience. But a boxing audience is always disgusting, and the behaviour of the women, in particular, is such that the army, I believe, does not allow them to attend its contests. At any rate, two or three years ago, when Home Guards and regular troops were holding a boxing tournament, I was placed on guard at the door of the hall, with orders to keep the women out.
http://www.orwell.ru/library/articles/spirit/english/e_spirit

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
conor is gonna do a minstrel show

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

what the gently caress

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Conor stop pls

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So um, what the gently caress was any of that?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mcgregor is a practitioner of the gorilla mindset

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i'd like to co-opt conor and give a shout out to the black female fans of my posting

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
that conor speech was so bad i'm now rooting for a double KO

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

dude just pulled a cortxbomb at barclays

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
This is disturbingly mysogynistic

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
I wonder if the actual fight will be better or worse than this lovely press conference.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

yo floyd you can't do the same bit every city my guy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i hope they both punch each other in the boxing bout at the exact same time for a simultaneous K.O.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

form voltron hahah

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:munch:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

this is like a 9-9 round

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
I hate Mayweather, but I don't see anyone on that stage that I think Conor could beat at boxing.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
man that's some cringe poo poo when floyd talks about quitting

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jay z's sedan posted:

man that's some cringe poo poo when floyd talks about quitting

yeah it's not like submission holds are allowed in boxing ayyy lmao

this poo poo is some 80s wrestling era rear end work bullshit

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm pointing at myself, for i am the bitch who just watched that

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Agreed. I have higher hopes for tomorrow. This presser was wack, but the crowd here was confounding.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

crack mayor posted:

Agreed. I have higher hopes for tomorrow. This presser was wack, but the crowd here was confounding.

I think they were sitting around waiting for an hour or two. That might have played out with big events back in the day but everyone is used to instant gratification nowadays.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008

old.flv posted:

I think they were sitting around waiting for an hour or two. That might have played out with big events back in the day but everyone is used to instant gratification nowadays.

That completely slipped my mind. I'd be pissed too.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
HARD WORK
YOU'RE A QUITTER
YEEEEEEEAH

Holy moly that was horrible

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

QQ more george orwell

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
These pressers are doing a good job of making me question why I ever wanted to watch two assholes make a poo poo ton of money for a poo poo fight. It's going to be funny worked before, but the whole thing isn't actually that funny. It's just forced and silly.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

These pressers are doing a good job of making me question why I ever wanted to watch two assholes make a poo poo ton of money for a poo poo fight. It's going to be funny worked before, but the whole thing isn't actually that funny. It's just forced and silly.

hashtag staywoke

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Marching Powder posted:

hashtag staywoke

It's really not that. We all knew who they were before so nothing's surprising. I was just hoping for something more which was dumb on my part.

Edit- The only things this fight has going for it are storyline and spectacle cause the fight's going to suck, and it's just a dud for me after the initial reaction. It'll still be fun to get drunk at a friend's house and laugh about it.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 14, 2017

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It's actually insanely funny that millions of people who casually follow boxing were crazy disappointed with the Manny fight and Floyd's performance in it, and now Floyd is back after two years to charge 100 dollars to watch him fight a guy with no professional boxing fights and apparently people are beyond hyped to fork the cash over again.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 14, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So did Conor double down on the racism during this presser?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Le Saboteur posted:

he said i'm not racist, i'm black from the waist down, which I think is the exact opposite of 'not racist' but I'm not sure

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

KidDynamite posted:

yo floyd you can't do the same bit every city my guy

people thought it was crazy that chad ochocinco paid writers, and now look

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

No, Conor, turn left, nooooooo

https://twitter.com/zpgifs/status/885665024013938688

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
A bit of racism never hurt anybody

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

My racism is cheeky and fun, but their racism is cruel and tragic.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

IF this was in Get Out It's be considered a bit too on the nose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brain Curry posted:

My racism is cheeky and fun, but their racism is cruel and tragic.

Should have just said brazilian instead of black. He's a rookie racist. Way better a couple of years back. Ring rust is real...

e:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/13/15969848/floyd-mayweather-to-conor-mcgregor-you-cant-disrespect-black-people

i kind of like the bit where he says "he says negative things like i can't read or count but he doesn't mention the positives" without denying that.

also stay tuned to the end to see floyd totally not give a gently caress at helwani's stupid question

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Helwani asking a dumb question? Nahhhh, never. Now, tell us about your beard Floyd.

• Locked thread