Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i justified pulling once more on the cloud banner instead of the rikku banner because i feel like her's is more valuable as a RW anyways (it paid off** )

**result not guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I am pretty sure there's a much better banner in like 2 months that has all the same stuff that the Cloud Banner has (maybe minus the USB?) but with a lot less garbage like Rufus items.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yeah, if you get Cloud USB, but still want Zack's Limit Chain or Cloud BSB2, it's best to wait for the second Dirge of Cerberus banner. It's only three events away. I'm gonna wait for the 30th Anniversary banners before deciding to pull again.

It's mostly old relics, but most things play nice with Cloud. Aerith and Tifa's SSBs are really dated though. I'll double check to see if one of them isn't supposed to be in the 1% slot instead of Rufus.

As a quick comparison:

Cloud USB -> Tifa USB
Zack CSB -> Zack CSB
Cloud BSB2 -> Cloud BSB2
Sephiroth BSB2 -> Zack BSB
Cait Sith BSB -> Barret BSB [AoE Full Breakdown, 2-hit Power and Magic Breakdown Commands]
Barret SSB2 -> Barret SSB2
Cait Sith SSB -> Aerith SSB
Vincent SSB -> Tifa SSB
Rufus SSB ->
  • Cloud LMR [35% Quickcast chance after Wind ability; wind boosting armor]
  • Tifa LMR-1 [ATK build up from physical abilities used; 1% per action to max of 35%.]
Cid SSB (1% chance) -> Rufus SSB (1% chance)

Also, the LMR-1 isn't a typo, Tifa will be the first character to get a second Legend Materia relic in the upcoming Super Fest 2 in Japan.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 13, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I'm going to eke out 50 mythril before the cloud banner goes away and I'm conflicted over whether or not to bankrupt myself with one more draw on it

How many relics do you have on this banner? If you already have Zacks CSB and/or at least 2 BSBs aside from any number of the SSBs, I'd advise against it. It's really not a spectacular banner outside of the top prizes and you'll be better served with some upcoming banners.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

welp, I just got 50 myth after doing some realm dungeons and due to my complete lack of self control I now have Cloud's USB (and Cait's SSB as well but whatever). It's hilarious how I went from Cloud being useless to completely loving insanely geared out in the span of exactly three pulls (A DU LD gave me his OSB and SSB, an Enspell LD gave me his BSB2, and now I have his USB). Now I just need a few more vitality motes so I can get that goddamn doublecast combat LM.

edit: dropping 125k Omega Drives with no special buffs or synergy, this is kiiiinda dumb lol

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 13, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

iamsosmrt posted:

How many relics do you have on this banner? If you already have Zacks CSB and/or at least 2 BSBs aside from any number of the SSBs, I'd advise against it. It's really not a spectacular banner outside of the top prizes and you'll be better served with some upcoming banners.

the only soul breaks I have from this banner are the ones I got from my first pull, a blue megaphone and a shortbarrel

it's a moot point though because I went for it and got 1/11 green megaphone for my trouble :shepface:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
bless your heart

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

pichupal posted:

As a quick comparison:
Cloud LMR [35% Quickcast chance after Wind ability; wind boosting armor]

Does this include SB usage, like you could get a quickcast off of Cloud's BSB2 or USB? If so that could be especially hilarious to trigger a quickcast off the USB to insta-fire his BSB2. Even if it 'only' works on skills and his BSB2 commands that's still significant. Especially once we can finish his LS board and pair it with the chance to double fire combat skills (like his BSB2 commands), assuming the double proc means a double shot at the quickcast proc.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

iamsosmrt posted:

those outclassed relics will still literally clear all content just fine. I've personally never even gotten OK's BSB, which is being outshined now, but I'd be pretty drat happy to get it.

I agree with this, but it does make the realm CMs increasingly difficult as time goes by. Also, OK BSB makes up half my RW list.

iamsosmrt posted:

The OSBs are an example of what I was saying earlier. They weren't good from the start. The quicker the game moves away from them, the better.

I disagree with this for the following reason: Aside from TG Cid's, OSBs don't work well alone. OSBs were essentially meant to go with the BSB/SSB en-element/imperil of the same character. Unfortunately their gatcha system makes this awkward and so only a lucky few of us got OSBs that really excel.

My Paladin Cecil with Paladin Force into Arc of Light is a goddamn beast, especially with all the +Holy equipment.
My Terra with Fire Beam (and now Omen) into Scorching Flames is an excellent mage on any team as she can Wrath her way to soul gauge.
My Sephiroth with Transience into Heaven's Light is also very versatile because he can self-buff ATK from the Darkness or Samurai skills.

But I can see where an isolated OSB is much more limited, essentially to bosses that are innately weak to the OSB's element attack. My Squall and Lightning OSBs only see action against Ice or Lightning weak bosses respectively, but they're still powerful in those situations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

OSBs also still have a place in burning through weak phases where bosses go completely apeshit. Pulling Tidus' OSB was basically the only reason I was able to clear the Geosgaeno torment dungeon.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

OSB power also depends a bit on what kind of scaling (if any) they have. Lightning's OSB is pretty bad because it relies on repeated use just to break even with other OSBs. OSBs that scale on specific ability uses (like Krile's or Paplymo's with Fire abilities) or hitting a weakness (like Agrias') fare really well, especially if you have a corresponding imperil to force a weakness.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

On the other hand, you have stuff like Greg's OSB, which is nonelemental and...that's it.
I wish more BSBs had a buff chaser, like TG Cid and Noctis. Not necessarily as powerful, but it would just help make them more relevant. I have Greg's OSB and his 3 AOE attacks and High Regen SSB, and I almost always end up using the SSB because the high regen outweighs the extra damage his OSB would do.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Time to see if pulling Papalymo's OSB from a 100 gem pull was a bad omen:

100 gem was a FFVII 3* bracer

11 pull...

I'd say not! :dance:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Benthalus posted:

I agree with this, but it does make the realm CMs increasingly difficult as time goes by. Also, OK BSB makes up half my RW list.

I disagree with this for the following reason: Aside from TG Cid's, OSBs don't work well alone. OSBs were essentially meant to go with the BSB/SSB en-element/imperil of the same character. Unfortunately their gatcha system makes this awkward and so only a lucky few of us got OSBs that really excel.

My Paladin Cecil with Paladin Force into Arc of Light is a goddamn beast, especially with all the +Holy equipment.
My Terra with Fire Beam (and now Omen) into Scorching Flames is an excellent mage on any team as she can Wrath her way to soul gauge.
My Sephiroth with Transience into Heaven's Light is also very versatile because he can self-buff ATK from the Darkness or Samurai skills.

But I can see where an isolated OSB is much more limited, essentially to bosses that are innately weak to the OSB's element attack. My Squall and Lightning OSBs only see action against Ice or Lightning weak bosses respectively, but they're still powerful in those situations.

Your points are valid, and generally even prove my other point about nothing being absolutely obsoleted. However, magic OSBs aside, I probably didn't express my point well enough re OSBs. There's much less reason to use them because of Cloud USB. Particularly with RWs, it wouldn't take spectacular luck to get a decent phys BSB with some buffs to exploit the USB. I think OSBs should've had more utility plugged in, like enelement, which would've extended their usefulness.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Blech. Jecht's Jorts and Paine's SSB. That was not a good pull.

Oh well. Not sure which banner to build up for next. Looks like I'll be going a while before my next big upgrade.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Well.

Pull one sucked. Just jecht ssb (armor)

Pull two...

Disco and shiny!

Shiny...rikku bsb!! I like!

Disco...

Lulu usb :(

Sigh.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
got 1/12 Paine BSB. I was worried that was going to be jorts. That's my first BSB in X, and now I have a BSB in every realm except XV and Beyond.

Hate how it seems like you need 2-3 relics in cases to really make the most of it. But I guess that's standard power creep. I don't have Paine's en-water SSB to really make the most of this, though I do like the AOE dispel. That's my first one of those.

Also God drat with these 1/11s, game. I guess I did just get a 5/11 on the XII banner so I can't complain too much but I'm so sick of them!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
2/11:
Rikku's Dagger
Lulu's Robes

Both are new, so that's good. Don't think I'll try any more for her USB, though it is pretty great so I'm sure it'll show up as a RW on plenty of people.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Woof, 1/11 Rikku's shield. I guess it's not that bad, since I got her BSB from the fest and both of her commands are Machinist.

I have medicas for days, a few weird bits of Hastega (Tifa USB, Sarah SSB), and no Wall, so I suppose I'm doubling back to XIV banner 1 for another shot at Thyrus, despite dupe possibilities.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

100 gem, nothing. Cinnamon Bear, you have to share, what did you get?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

iamsosmrt posted:

100 gem, nothing. Cinnamon Bear, you have to share, what did you get?

Lulu USB, which I'm very happy with because I didn't have any good Ice SBs. I immediately MC3'd her, and am working on honing up the Ice Witch abilities for her to carry. Considering a Legend Dive.

and

Paine BSB, which is cool, I liked Paine. She has a good ability set, and the multiple elements (and spellblade) should allow her to slot in wherever needed. Spellblade abilities getting buffed in the future is going to be nice too. I'm fine with it. She also lets me do a full Physical Water CM team.

No Rikku USB or LMRs, which were the only other things on the banner I'd particularly want. I think I'm content with a single pull here. If she shows up again on the element fest I'll probably make another attempt.

Considering a pull on XIV for the Synergy/LMR/Bursts on the banner (3 dupes on the banner though (Minf SSB/USB, Wall)). Or possibly waiting for Rinoa to further improve my Ice coverage before Magicite. After that I'm starting to lean towards just saving for the 30th anniversary.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm definitely going into savings mode now, aside from lucky draws. The next IV and V banners are really tempting. I need me some Bartz relics!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
One 11-pull

Now to never change my RW again. tc65

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Pull 1: Auron SSB, Paine SSB (dupe)
Pull 2: Auron SSB, Paine SSB #3, Jecht SSB, Lulu LMR (I have nothing else for her)

:shrug:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Attestant posted:

Pull 1: Auron SSB, Paine SSB (dupe)
Pull 2: Auron SSB, Paine SSB #3, Jecht SSB, Lulu LMR (I have nothing else for her)

:shrug:

:smith:

That is the worst, I'm sorry.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Should I save for a pull or two for type0 banners or a pull on ff14 so I can try for thancred bsb?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Should I save for a pull or two for type0 banners or a pull on ff14 so I can try for thancred bsb?

Type-0 has a good fire mage USB and a pretty good White Mage that has an OK BSB entry attached to a BSB medica. If either of those are more attractive to you, I'd say save. If you need XIV synergy, that will probably be more useful than Type-0 synergy.

Also, XIV has more realm dungeon updates coming while Type-0 hasn't seen any realm dungeons yet, so you could possibly get XIV stuff on luckies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Paine's BSB and 2x Auron debuff SSB. I guess that's decent.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got a rainbow orb but it was lulu's bloody doll bleh. Also jecht jorts and dupe rikku bsb.

Bad pull

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fridge corn posted:

Got a rainbow orb but it was lulu's bloody doll bleh. Also jecht jorts and dupe rikku bsb.

Bad pull

Lulu USB good. No portability but its actually good.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hmh, what are the odds that the Geosgaeno Torment comes back before these FFX banners go away? I want to see if I can power through the Jumpstart -version with just Tidus BSB and Paine SSB as damage options.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
10 is my favorite Final Fantasy. Rikku is my favorite character from 10. I even filled out her record sphere, despite only having her SSB, just because she's my favorite and I thought "Someday..." So let's get ready for dupe jorts, disappointment, and

Always pull on waifu.

Gonna take my R3 Powerchain, my R3 Thief's Revenge, and kick BSB Tyro and Onion Knight the hell out of my A Team.

ETA: Friend code is H3WR if you want in on some of this. Once I've got the thing mastered I'm going to go back and equip her with my Tiny Bee for the MND boost. It found utility!

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 14, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
This gacha has crushed my spirit and soul with the recent 1/11 worst item available draws. I'll just save for the anniversary and maybe get Rosa LM/11 from Edge Fest along the way.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I pulled a few times and got Rikku BSB + LMR, Paine BSB + SSB, Lulu USB, Jecht SSB + Jorts and Auron SSB

Not chasing that RikkUSB since it's the premier thing to RW anyway

Lulu's USB is crazy :stare:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Attestant posted:

Hmh, what are the odds that the Geosgaeno Torment comes back before these FFX banners go away? I want to see if I can power through the Jumpstart -version with just Tidus BSB and Paine SSB as damage options.

Thanks to the recent lucky draw I have more than one X relic. I now have two!

Rikku's SSB
Seymour's BSB

There is no way these are going to let me CM Geosgaeno, is there?

To make matters worse I'm fairly certain that my only source of SB water damage is Terra's BSB.

These banners look really bad and outdated (especially the BSBs), but I'm wondering if I should pull anyway.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

so being part of the booby prize crew, what's the best way to use Lulu USB?

Hone up the 5* abyssal shards and unleash hell after building up a bar?

Entrust-botting her to 3 bars and then USB->abyssal->USB->abyssal->USB->abyssal->abyssal, with everything instant-cast after that first USB?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did my only pull on ff14 banner and got papa mediocre legend materia. I have his enice and bsb already :/

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 14, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
anyone with rikku USB set as RW would kindly post their friend codes?

(i have cloud USB, u want me....)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
2/11, Auron SSB (dupe) and Rikku LMR. Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Snazzy Frocks posted:

anyone with rikku USB set as RW would kindly post their friend codes?

(i have cloud USB, u want me....)

Have you tried using this website?

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search

• Locked thread