Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

bird food bathtub posted:

PA is great if you stick to Philly or Pittsburg. If you go anywhere else it's the "hills have eyes" type opiate wastelands poo poo that a million post-election articles have been written about.

State gun laws are pretty cool and I love me some venison so I venture out there once a year but fuuuuuuuuck living there.

I'm 2 hours east of Pittsburgh and 4 hours west of Philly. Great countryside but holy crap you hit the nail on the head. Oh and this part of the state is full of Paterno apologists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Isn't any amount of weed a felony there?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pennsylvania gave us the bloodhound gang, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Joe Paterno, and Jerry Sandusky.

Counterpoint: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Pittsburgh is a shithole, and nearly as worthless as Ohio.

Always Sunny is proof that there is a god, and he wants us to laugh.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Everything east of the Rockies is a dilapidated shithole :boom:

Edit: self ownage I was tired and typed West I dead of east. HOOAHHHH

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 14, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I got a FInnish Army as gently caress pic from my old friend:

it says "I wish I had beer". Of course the loving rifle was left on auto, goddamnit. He just looks so broken.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Excuse me bloodhound gang is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9fC9aJd-U

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My post wasn't meant to be bad things necessarily. Just everything from pennsylvania I could think of at the moment. BHG is actually one of my main pandora stations (sadly enough). They're a guilty pleasure.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Charlie Day is from NYC, though. Of the three, Mac is the only one actually from philly. Glenn is apparently a military brat. Thanks, wikipedia.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mac actually created the show so thats cool

someone come murder me i dont care anymore thanks im just an empty husk that types poo poo on the internet and prays for death tia

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

I got a FInnish Army as gently caress pic from my old friend:

it says "I wish I had beer". Of course the loving rifle was left on auto, goddamnit. He just looks so broken.

I thought that was a bronze figurine at first.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probably has the body temperature of one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

someone come murder me i dont care anymore thanks im just an empty husk that types poo poo on the internet and prays for death tia

Charlie and Mac did. They filmed the pilot in charlie's lovely NYC studio apartment. At least that's the impression i got from his various speeches and such.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So I'm getting a new PSG soon, sounds like we might be complete opposites. poo poo might get awkward. Wish I could keep my current PSG

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

hey

no

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

You should try volunteering at a local charity

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

So I'm getting a new PSG soon, sounds like we might be complete opposites. poo poo might get awkward. Wish I could keep my current PSG

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm waiting for him to go to staff land and either drink the kool aid or hate the system even more

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Dude, you know I feel the same way. Not sure if you’re just saying poo poo the way you feel or if you’re ever thinking about doing something, don’t. Gay dead Internet forum and all of that, you know I’m here PM me or something.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
My butt is sore from sitting on the floor waiting for household goods to arrive. Also wtf, this house is way too big. The cats will have to find a way to use like a 30 foot by 30 foot area that I don't even own furniture for.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

mlmp08 posted:

My butt is sore from sitting on the floor waiting for household goods to arrive. Also wtf, this house is way too big. The cats will have to find a way to use like a 30 foot by 30 foot area that I don't even own furniture for.

Time to buy a pool table and build a wet bar.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Terrible Robot posted:

Time to buy a pool table and build a wet bar.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Edit: New place isn't quite big enough for the pool table so that's at an employee's dad's house, but now that I don't have an alcoholic roommate that will empty any booze I buy, the wetbar is set back up with kegerator running again.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

How unfortunate

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I could've saved money and commuted, but being biking distance in an oversized home isn't bad. They're just obviously built for people with multiple kids rather than two working people with a couple cats who don't bother with fancy furniture or creating a guest bedroom.

But it'll be nice to have both cars in a garage and still have enough space to set up a work area as big as an SUV in the rear of the garage. Already started ordering workout equipment to fill out the basement.

Also hell yeah, trap/skeet minutes away and a cheapass rifle/pistol range not much farther.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

A dependent called me last night screaming about how her husband and her had a fight, she recorded him being violent, and etc etc etc. I drove him to the barracks, made one of my NCOs in the barracks check in on him twice a day and for him to report to staff duty prior to midnight. Mostly because he told me she had him on video with a knife threatening to kill her boyfriend.

Now she's blowing up my phone asking why I did that? Because she only called me cause she was mad.... Oh man, I hope she didn't record the conversation because the poo poo I called her.........

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Man why did EFFECT happen? All I did was CAUSE.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dependent called you about a guy getting violent.

Something about her boyfriend.

There's a missing piece here but that's okay because it might be funnier this way.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Kill her, then the husband, then the boyfriend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm going to guess it starts with poly and ends with fat girls.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

TLDR version: Antisocial Joe marries town slut who cheats on him, berates him in public, and probably beats him. When he grows some balls and stands up for himself, she'll usually call his TL or SL. But they both PCS'ed so she went one higher.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Enlisted stories are the best

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kaliber posted:

TLDR version: Antisocial Joe marries town slut who cheats on him, berates him in public, and probably beats him. When he grows some balls and stands up for himself, she'll usually call his TL or SL. But they both PCS'ed so she went one higher.

The most obvious of plot twists.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Kill her, then the husband, then the boyfriend.

And then the army.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Way back when had a SPC for life maintainer (flagged for overweight). Good worker though. Anyway, his wife was paranoid and every time he was stuck in the motor pool fixing something late she assumed he was cheating on her.

One night, after working late on a system, she gets irate about his "cheating," and calls the commander. Commander calls his PL and tells her to deal with it. Cue female PL getting chased around with a blunt object, because the wife didn't believe he had a female PL.

Fuckin' lol. They eventually separated but didn't divorce because "gently caress barracks living."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

Way back when had a SPC for life maintainer (flagged for overweight). Good worker though. Anyway, his wife was paranoid and every time he was stuck in the motor pool fixing something late she assumed he was cheating on her.

One night, after working late on a system, she gets irate about his "cheating," and calls the commander. Commander calls his PL and tells her to deal with it. Cue female PL getting chased around with a blunt object, because the wife didn't believe he had a female PL.

Fuckin' lol. They eventually separated but didn't divorce because "gently caress barracks living."

He's not wrong

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pesticide20 posted:

He's not wrong

Yeah he was a hard worker and intelligent dude who just didn't feel like losing weight and made bad wife choices.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Bad wife choices. gently caress. That's like the army motto.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would rather deal with a bitchy wife than live in the barracks.

No poo poo if I didn't have to live in the barracks I might have considered staying in...

... if not for the other million reasons to get out.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/07/14/army-mulls-creating-new-pay-grades-for-senior-ncos.html

gently caress you if you're still in

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
a loving e11 lmao Double Super Command Sergeant Major

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

But even worse now