Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

cyxx posted:

Speaking of prisms, is it worth it to get the fous? There's 40 total at 15 prisms so 600 prisms each time it resets. Seems like a pretty heavy investment and a lot of ap.

I don't know in terms of MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION but you can basically max out a servant's fou stats by purchasing a full stack of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would say just save it for tickets so that when the servants you want hit the shop you have as many chances as possible to get them.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It depends on how much you're farming prisms. You'll want to use Fous on your aces eventually, but they're not that uncommon, you don't need that many of them for one servant, and they only give you 1k in stats in the end. (You can only go from 1k to 2k with the four star Fou cards that are much rarer)

If it were me I'd probably save prisms for one of the CEs instead, maybe buy just a few Fous every month to invest in you waifu over time.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

Kara no Kyoukai is an incredibly fun event. Farming was pretty easy for me, and it offers one of the best welfare servants. Music was good too.

Da Vinci's is a favorite of mine just because of the servant it offers and its story. Jeanne Alter turns herself into an otome game protagonist

Yeah, KnK was my favorite event by far, but i also found it a little disappointing that we just got another (less good) version of Shiki as the gacha servant. I really wanted Araya as a servant

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Yeah I guess getting all the Fou's aren't as important as getting the summon tickets. Guess I'll just start saving for Chaldea Lunchtime for some sweet bonding time. Maybe buy a set of Fous when Oda is released eventually

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Argas posted:

I don't know in terms of MAXIMUM OPTIMIZATION but you can basically max out a servant's fou stats by purchasing a full stack of both.

For maximum optimisation, I suggest using the 3* Fous to get the servant to +950, then wait for the bronze Fous from the friendpoint draw to fill out the rest

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To those lucky enough to draw Davinci, I saw the ranking list and she is not top tier.

Can someone explain why?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her np isnt that strong and her skills are just a bunch of random buffs with no real synergy. she isnt bad or anything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It'S to compensate for her being a top-tier Waifu.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

EzEight posted:

Can someone explain why?
Because of the way her np works, she only get good np damage on higher np lv. I think lv 3 is where it's good. Then np 5 is very powerful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I dunno, I'm already at around 400 prisms 3 weeks into this thing and it doesn't feel that crazy to think you'd be able to get to 5,000 in due time. It helps that at least right now I have no more dudes left to level up and it feels like a huge waste of time worrying about stockpiling pieces/monuments and skill components until the better quests come around, so pretty much the only thing to do now is get as many prisms as possible.

Longer term I'm wondering how practical it would be to get 5 Mona Lisas and 5 Chaldea Lunchtimes. Those don't come out at the same time, I hope.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Longer term I'm wondering how practical it would be to get 5 Mona Lisas and 5 Chaldea Lunchtimes. Those don't come out at the same time, I hope.

Japan seems to have had four shop CEs that ran for three months each sequentially throughout 2016. Mona Lisa was the first, Chaldea Lunchtime was the last.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Since you get prisms from bonds, it seems like Lunchtime is way better from my noob rear end point of view

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

Since you get prisms from bonds, it seems like Lunchtime is way better from my noob rear end point of view
How do you figure? There aren't rewards as far as I know for 1-5 other than unlocking interludes and profile tidbits, 6-9 gives you quartz, and 10 is the Servant-specific CE. Also one gets Mona Lisa for QP, not prisms specifically. And since Mona Lisa will be available like 9 months prior to Lunchtime assuming they keep the same schedule it would make more sense (to me) to spend the time now getting to 5,000 for Mona Lisa, and then following that March-October getting back up to 5,000 for Chaldea Lunchtime. I dunno how feasible that would be but I figure that'd be the ideal.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Event shop also sell 500-1000 of those cubes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Nate RFB posted:

How do you figure? There aren't rewards as far as I know for 1-5 other than unlocking interludes and profile tidbits, 6-9 gives you quartz, and 10 is the Servant-specific CE. Also one gets Mona Lisa for QP, not prisms specifically. And since Mona Lisa will be available like 9 months prior to Lunchtime assuming they keep the same schedule it would make more sense (to me) to spend the time now getting to 5,000 for Mona Lisa, and then following that March-October getting back up to 5,000 for Chaldea Lunchtime. I dunno how feasible that would be but I figure that'd be the ideal.

gently caress, I meant quartz.

I mean you can grind a crapton for Mona Lisa but... it's not really fun. At least Bond Levels give you cool stuff like CE and more gacha cash.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Don't forget friend points that you will get. They lead to fou card and ce exp.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

I dunno, I'm already at around 400 prisms 3 weeks into this thing and it doesn't feel that crazy to think you'd be able to get to 5,000 in due time. It helps that at least right now I have no more dudes left to level up and it feels like a huge waste of time worrying about stockpiling pieces/monuments and skill components until the better quests come around, so pretty much the only thing to do now is get as many prisms as possible.

The argument is that instead of having stockpiled 400 prisms, if you instead stockpiled a ton of QP, you'd come out ahead until you do that for 290 days with Mona Lisa. Of course that post assumes 7k mana prisms needed when it will probably cost 5k. So that's almost 90 days knocked off the calculated break even point.

But the big thing that Mona Lisa also brings is more Friend Points. Some servants will stop getting high frequency picks as support servants as time goes on. Jeanne is a big example. Mona Lisa will still get you a good chunk of FP income 2 years later. And FP will always be useful to level new CEs, burn extra copies of 3* stuff for mana prisms, fish for cheap event CEs, and the constant hunt for Angra Mainyu.

EDIT: Not saying that makes it worth it to farm for a Mona Lisa. It's still a big hassle that will take a long time to break even on the cost, but there's more value to the CE than just the QP.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 14, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Do I have to Max ascend the Mona Lisa CE if I want Mad FP gain?

Also WTF I almost forgot how hard it is to farm Ascension material from dailies..

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

The argument is that instead of having stockpiled 400 prisms, if you instead stockpiled a ton of QP, you'd come out ahead until you do that for 290 days with Mona Lisa. Of course that post assumes 7k mana prisms needed when it will probably cost 5k. So that's almost 90 days knocked off the calculated break even point.

But the big thing that Mona Lisa also brings is more Friend Points. Some servants will stop getting high frequency picks as support servants as time goes on. Jeanne is a big example. Mona Lisa will still get you a good chunk of FP income 2 years later. And FP will always be useful to level new CEs, burn extra copies of 3* stuff for mana prisms, fish for cheap event CEs, and the constant hunt for Angra Mainyu.

EDIT: Not saying that makes it worth it to farm for a Mona Lisa. It's still a big hassle that will take a long time to break even on the cost, but there's more value to the CE than just the QP.
loving Friend Point economics. I'm starting to feel like a whole bunch of this game is a hassle.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Farming ascensions from dailies is suffering

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Find peace with the Doors, the Doors never falter, never betray.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys. Please. There will be better Dailies. There will be event Stores that sell the mats you want.

Please stop grinding for stuff if you don't find it fun.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want the FP gacha to give me Robin Hood please

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Guys. Please. There will be better Dailies. There will be event Stores that sell the mats you want.

Please stop grinding for stuff if you don't find it fun.

Skinnerbox.txt

They do usually drop something right now, so I don't consider it unfun or a waste, they're legit challenging because a stray crit will kill your support Zerker.

I'll be happier though once we get the better quests.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ascending Jeanne felt like a good idea, because after the story sections I already had close to enough pieces and monuments that it felt prudent to get it out of the way now.

I can't imagine trying to do something similar for non-piece/monument materials in free quests or skill gems in the dailies. The drop rates seem so much worse and even less reliable that you'd get what you'd need (and you need way more skill gems than pieces/monuments), so I'm content to not bother with any of that now.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I decided to stop bothering with ascension stuff until the better dailies come. I'm going to level up all my dudes and stockpile prisms in the meantime.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I can't imagine trying to do something similar for non-piece/monument materials in free quests or skill gems in the dailies. The drop rates seem so much worse and even less reliable that you'd get what you'd need (and you need way more skill gems than pieces/monuments), so I'm content to not bother with any of that now.

Some are manageable. Taking Arthoria as an example: Dragon Fangs drop about 1 in 4 runs from the 10AP daily today and Phoenix Feathers are about 1 in 8 runs from the 30AP daily yesterday, so getting her to third ascension isn't too much of a nightmare. By contrast Serpent Orbs are something like 1 in 50 runs so the people who have ascended Gilgamesh can safely be considered crazy.

I would suggest that people not get their hopes up too much over future dailies, though. The game's not going to suddenly stop being a grindy mobage overnight, drop rates will still be awful.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
With Vlad at 70 and + 600/600 it has become easy to clear everything with vlad/martha/zerker. The only one I can't snooze through is 40AP exp which still hits hard. Still with Vlad/Marthat-Shielder/Jeanne, it makes that trivial.

Zerkers are definitely fun to play if a bit rough at first with how fragile they are - no regrets.

Edit: VV yeah 40 AP can be obnoxious if they focus Vlad a bunch - which can happen - but Cuchu/Jeanne can usually take care of it, just more tedious.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 14, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still occasionally have a bad run in the 40AP, usually in the second round where a George's Taunt wears off and though there's only one or two hands left, they reel off back to back crits on one Herc and it all goes to pot. Usually happens if I get really hosed on Herc buster cards.

Luckily I've not yet lost one, thanks to Jeanne and Cu being my backups in case all else fails.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When something tells me it opened a "My Room Voice" or something along those lines, what the gently caress is it talking about?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

When something tells me it opened a "My Room Voice" or something along those lines, what the gently caress is it talking about?

a new line, in the my room menu

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Endorph posted:

a new line, in the my room menu

Oh the little [...] bubble you hit where your "favorite" spouts random nonsense? That's all its opening? Great.. So worth it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of the my room dialogue is actually cool

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I like the ones that reference other servants that you have summoned depending on who it is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Master, don't put me in the same teams a blue Lancers and gold Archers, okay?"

'kay'

*swaps in Caster Cu and Caster Gil*

"Very funny, Master."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What's the best quest to get those silver archer statues (pieces)? I finally got enough Proof of Heroes for Emiya but I only got one of those statues. :(

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah I love it when my Heracles screams at me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

What's the best quest to get those silver archer statues (pieces)? I finally got enough Proof of Heroes for Emiya but I only got one of those statues. :(

You can wait eight hours and spam the the next set of green Dailies, or you can go to Paris and fight the Free Quest there. Apparently the droprate for that one is extra poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

The Saber/Lancer/Archer duel dailies on....Tuesday and Saturday, I believe?