Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

I wonder if we will somehow see some time shenanigans this season with everything the alchemists are saying about retaking history. But really I just want pirate Fine adventures.

In the context of them getting their asses kicked by Fine and losing their McGuffin in the flashback, I read that line as them talking about resuming control of the world again after several centuries of Fine freezing them out of any real influence or control rather than "we're going to time travel". I don't think they would WANT to time travel because then they'd go back to a time where Fine could kick their loving asses again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Kanos posted:

In the context of them getting their asses kicked by Fine and losing their McGuffin in the flashback, I read that line as them talking about resuming control of the world again after several centuries of Fine freezing them out of any real influence or control rather than "we're going to time travel". I don't think they would WANT to time travel because then they'd go back to a time where Fine could kick their loving asses again.

That's what I got, too. The Illuminati was doing well for a while, then Finé starting coming back and wrecking their plans, so they had to lie low again. Now that she (and Carol) are out of the way, the Illumnati are here to make [B|P]avaria great again.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 13, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I finished watching the first season. Unusual choice to have the protagonist of a magical girl show start off married but I can respect that. It was super great when absolutely everyone else failed to stop Durandal from driving Hibiki berserk and then Miku takes care of it with one word. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

I finished watching the first season. Unusual choice to have the protagonist of a magical girl show start off married but I can respect that. It was super great when absolutely everyone else failed to stop Durandal from driving Hibiki berserk and then Miku takes care of it with one word. :3:

Miku is extremely powerful you don't even know.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 14, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that the first time Hibiki goes berserk it's not because she touched an evil sword or pushed to the brink of death or was messed with by Fine, but because she couldn't go see the stars with Miku.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The combination attacks in this show are so good because they never dwell on them like it is a big deal. The gears are presented as basically being able to make up poo poo as they go and everyone just rolls with it. Which allows them to just casually throw around the most ridiculous stuff like a giant rocket propelled sword with a human launching catapult deck on it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Trinity Resonance is the silliest attack yet.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
(Spoilers for current episode)
https://my.mixtape.moe/twglxa.webm

I love this stupid show so much.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I was very glad when our heroines didn't have to blow up Saturn to get out of their latest mishap. The poor moon's already been hurt enough - let's not start on any other celestial bodies.

Also, Hibiki and Miku need to step up their game, or they're going to be out-coupled - Tsubasa and Maria have already adopted kid.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I was very glad when our heroines didn't have to blow up Saturn to get out of their latest mishap. The poor moon's already been hurt enough - let's not start on any other celestial bodies.

Also, Hibiki and Miku need to step up their game, or they're going to be out-coupled - Tsubasa and Maria have already adopted kid.

Excuse me - Maria might have adopted some kids but I saw Tsubasa on one date in this episode, and it wasn't with Maria. :colbert:

Fun episode, definitely feel like the new season is doing a better job than GX is of having the Gears and the villains trade blows instead of taking turns destroying each other, hope that continues. Curious to see what Adam's whole deal is.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Excuse me - Maria might have adopted some kids but I saw Tsubasa on one date in this episode, and it wasn't with Maria. :colbert:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Fun episode, definitely feel like the new season is doing a better job than GX is of having the Gears and the villains trade blows instead of taking turns destroying each other, hope that continues. Curious to see what Adam's whole deal is.

That long plane journey with just the two of them and a briefcase full of occult Nazi lore doesn't count?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

That long plane journey with just the two of them and a briefcase full of occult Nazi lore doesn't count?

Tsubasa goes on occult business trips with Maria, but she goes to the diner for milkshakes with Chris.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tsubasa goes on occult business trips with Maria, but she goes to the diner for milkshakes with Chris.

Tsubasa you dog! :argh:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's fine. Chris and Maria have an understanding.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that Hibiki still thinks of Fine as Ryoko.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Pictured: another pair of heels meeting a gruesome end in a Symphogear show.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
so glad the soles of her boots are made of pure iron or aluminum

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The final boss of the entire Symphogear franchise will be the world's highest pair of heels.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

escape mechanism posted:

Pictured: another pair of heels meeting a gruesome end in a Symphogear show.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Didn't Hibiki at some point in the first season break the heels off of Gungnir because they were in her way?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Tsubasa's transform and song is so hype oh my god.

Also the technobabble would make Star Trek blush. Kudos.

Also also I just got to the episode climax with Trinity Resonance and I can't stop laughing. This is amazing.

I really hope they don't somehow pull a Macross Delta.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 18, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kylra posted:

Tsubasa's transform and song is so hype oh my god.

Also the technobabble would make Star Trek blush. Kudos.

Also also I just got to the episode climax with Trinity Resonance and I can't stop laughing. This is amazing.

I really hope they don't somehow pull a Macross Delta.

What's a Macross Delta?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The abrupt face fall into the dirt near the start of the second cour when all the cool stuff stopped.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Happily, Symphogear seasons are only ever one cour.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
ok how many more episodes of

"we're useless without linker it sucks"
"i suck because i can't make the linker"

are we going to have

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Lessail posted:

are we going to have

Dr. Ver's LiNKER recipes are the new Dainsleif

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Lessail posted:

are we going to have

Hasn't bugged me so far. Honestly I kind of like it; it's a good excuse to let the action focus on the big 3 for now. The scenes are short enough they don't bug me.

graybook posted:

Dr. Ver's LiNKER recipes are the new Dainsleif

:bisonyes:

(:kirikadess:? Kirika's big ol' hug with Maria was very sweet.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's been one episode and they all fought last week.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It will turn out the linker recipes are all obscured by Ver's doodles of himself as a symphogear and Elfnein just can't read anything under them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Linker issue is mildly annoying, but the B team hasn't really missed a fight I really wish they'd gotten yet, and it sure sounds like the Linker thing'll get dealt with sooner than later.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
look just have elfnein as dexter and kirika as deedee and the problem goes away

edit:: ver can be mandark

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

chumbler posted:

It will turn out the linker recipes are all obscured by Ver's doodles of himself as a symphogear and Elfnein just can't read anything under them.

they get to one of the other files on the card and it's a crudely animated transformation sequence set to the title music of Last Action Hero

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lessail posted:

look just have elfnein as dexter and kirika as deedee and the problem goes away

edit:: ver can be mandark

In Elfnein's laboratory, lives the smartest homunculus you've ever seen...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Indiana_Krom posted:

Didn't Hibiki at some point in the first season break the heels off of Gungnir because they were in her way?

There was also one in the second season when Tsubasa was first fighting Maria. Maybe others, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ugh

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I can't believe lazy Commie isn't translating Gungnir as Swaying One. What happened to their proud Eoten days?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's also off center and a cheap-looking edit in general.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How is it the meme edit looks infinitely better

• Locked thread