Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Spider-Gwen is broken for me. Every time I click on her it says "Someone asked 'character' for empty ID" and then the game resets. Anyone know how to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm kind of curious if it's possible to get to episode three by only fulfilling the Horizon Lab requirements and not all of the gold star ones. Not super interested in getting Doc Ock or Spider-Girl

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Tapping on Spider-Gwen crashes my game every time, so that's cool

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Spider-Gwen is broken for me. Every time I click on her it says "Someone asked 'character' for empty ID" and then the game resets. Anyone know how to fix this?

Seems to be a common issue, so you probably have to wait for Tinyco to fix it.

nerdman42 posted:

I'm kind of curious if it's possible to get to episode three by only fulfilling the Horizon Lab requirements and not all of the gold star ones. Not super interested in getting Doc Ock or Spider-Girl

Without Doc Ock you can't fight Silver Sable, and wouldn't be able to upgrade the lab.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The bigger issue for me is that Spider-Gwen is unselectable, but showing up on my mission board, so I have slots I just can't clear to farm the mats for Doc Ock

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gwen's working for me now.

Aphrodite posted:

Wow that's a lot of stuff to gather this week if you haven't done the last event.

Doc Ock, Gwen, Black Suit Spidey, Symbiote Widow, and Mysterio.

Edit: Oh, and be careful on this one. Only the first 3 fights of stage 2 drop Bolas, which are needed for Spider-Girl. The rest drop a different item. I don't know for sure if doing fight 4 will reduce 3's combat stat drops but I wouldn't risk it.

I checked reddit and they confirmed that combat drops disappear if you advance. You need to grind the first couple of fights to get stuff for Doc Ock and Spider-Girl.

If you are recruiting Doc Ock: 12x 2-1 -> 10x 2-2 -> 13x 2-3 -> 12x 2-4.
If you already have Doc Ock: 1x 2-1 -> 1x 2-2 -> 23x 2-3 -> 12x 2-4.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Doc Ock needs reds to upgrade but they don't drop until after his solo so I have no idea what to do. At least I still have 12 hours to get spider ham.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not actually solo, you can add other fighters after that screen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh thats good! Though even with Spidey and Flash it's still low. Well gonna keep farming greens

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I really want to play Avengers Academy but it crashes every time the loading bar fills up. Haven't played since last year's Spidey event.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

TheComicFiend posted:

I really want to play Avengers Academy but it crashes every time the loading bar fills up. Haven't played since last year's Spidey event.

If you're on iOS and you've synced to GameCenter, delete the app and redownload it, when you reopen it'll redownload all the current elements and gets rid of the older elements from old events that clog up the game's memory. I do it every 3-4 events now and it keeps the game running much better. I have no idea how this works on Android though, so if that's what you're using I dunno...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android uses the built in Google Play stuff for syncing too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What the hell kind of power level do you need to get Melrose into High? I've done nothing but grind Mott Haven since sunday night and i'm still at low. That's an insane difficulty jump between the two.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Got Mysterio. Waa a huge pain. Not looking forward to whatever is next in terms of optional recruits because I am sure my current tram will suddenly become suboptimal

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Sure wish this loving game would stop crashing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Got Mysterio. Waa a huge pain. Not looking forward to whatever is next in terms of optional recruits because I am sure my current tram will suddenly become suboptimal

What were your stats? I'm sure I will never be able to unlock him at the current rate I'm going. I'm not even half way through the Bronx.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

GLOSS posted:

If you're on iOS and you've synced to GameCenter, delete the app and redownload it, when you reopen it'll redownload all the current elements and gets rid of the older elements from old events that clog up the game's memory. I do it every 3-4 events now and it keeps the game running much better. I have no idea how this works on Android though, so if that's what you're using I dunno...

Figured it out!
On Android, they introduced this "game tools" thing that I guess was tripping up AA whenever it got past the loading screen.
Been forever since I'd had this running!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Liar Lyre posted:

What were your stats? I'm sure I will never be able to unlock him at the current rate I'm going. I'm not even half way through the Bronx.

10/10 Gwenom 10/10 Superior Ock, 8/8 Spidey

Yeah used a lot of shards.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

10/10 Gwenom 10/10 Superior Ock, 8/8 Spidey

Yeah used a lot of shards.

That's what I feared. How badly do I want Mysterio?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Liar Lyre posted:

That's what I feared. How badly do I want Mysterio?

I've got him from last time. His voice acting is some of my favorite, but you can't use him for fights this event or anything like that, which sucks.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Argh! I need to quit this game. I'm ok with spending a little money from time to time, but this game is evil in its microtransactions. Mysterio is not worth $100 to me, thank you very much.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Double post, but week three just dropped and holy poo poo. There is too much now. I am done with this event. I wasted all my crystals trying to (unsuccessfully) get Gwenom and now a new crate drops with Black Cat and Lizard. I'm done.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I have already decides that I will spend what is necessary for me to get Silk (probably no more than 250 shards) and nothing else. Considering how slowly I'm going, I'll be lucky if I get to see episode 4, let alone unlock someone from there.

I need items dropped by certain enemies who I have Medium chance to defeat, and my heroes are nowhere near getting upgraded. It's going to take a long while.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was doing pretty good since I already had Ham, Ock, and Mysterio from the last event, but yeah drat this one's got a lot going on

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm still stuck at Melrose, but I've gotten it to Medium now!

If Gwenom was just normally available, I'd have bought it in heartbeat, even if it was 500+ crystals but i'm not spending on boxes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jesus this is a lot of farming. I guess that's the trade off for instant heals.

Would be better if I could energy drinks at more than a trickle

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, whoa, its gonna take a lot to get Miles.

Are the Superior Spider Man and Anti-Venom costumes particularly useful for this?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

nerdman42 posted:

Yeah, whoa, its gonna take a lot to get Miles.

Are the Superior Spider Man and Anti-Venom costumes particularly useful for this?

I can speak for the Anti-Venom skin but Superior skin has been amazing as it makes him Strong AND Toxic, and let's you level him past 10

I have Gwenom too tho so my combat is set for the event unless they throw a weird curve

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I'm very conflicted because I'm so behind I want to give up, but I also really want J Jonah Jameson.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Does anyone know who gets automatically unlocked in episode 3? Is it Venom? I'd love to get Venom.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

paradoxGentleman posted:

Does anyone know who gets automatically unlocked in episode 3? Is it Venom? I'd love to get Venom.

It's venom. Also episode 3 has been going since Friday

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It's venom. Also episode 3 has been going since Friday

Yeah but I'm nowhere done unlocking Spider-Girl, so. Thanks for the info, anyway.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

At least Green Goblin and Silver Sable seem to unlock much faster than Spider-Girl and Doc Ock

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silver Sable is slow, because she needs a ton of repeat fights and the rate for the sodas to fight in this episode is lower.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't even want to know what the rate will be like for the last week.

Also the conversion rate on the earlier sodas is awful, and it's not worth doing anyhow unless you have all your spidey token people level capped because the old eps give one each battle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how it just gave me Venom. I'm not sure why, I guess I had the character token but he wasn't available? I have one for Spider-Ham so hopefully when he comes around again I'll get him.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I like how it just gave me Venom. I'm not sure why, I guess I had the character token but he wasn't available? I have one for Spider-Ham so hopefully when he comes around again I'll get him.

It did the same thing for Spider-Gwen. I think every episode has one hand-out hero and two that you have to unlock.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

paradoxGentleman posted:

It did the same thing for Spider-Gwen. I think every episode has one hand-out hero and two that you have to unlock.

Yeah, if you click on the lab for an upgrade, it'll show you the "Upgrade Bonus" character which you just get for the hell of it for moving onto the next week, I think next week is MJ, it seems to be the ones who can fight the Octobot.

This event has been great for me because I got literally everyone the last time they did a Spidey event. so I'm so far ahead of the game I'm actually getting everyone upgraded from that previous event now and may actually finish off a token sink (until they make the characters from this event the same token and I'm back on the grind). I may even get Agent Venom up to Rank 5 so I'm not stuck with another premium character that costs 100k to upgrade after the event...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really wish once I'd unlock someone I could go back and use them in the earlier missions. Its going to take forever to be able to get 3 stars in The Bronx, not that there's any reward, I just want it for completions sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gwenom and Anti-Venom can fight in those early Bronx battles, but they're expensive.

• Locked thread