Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The strike exchange is awesome, I just wish selling was more of a thing in this game. There's plenty of time where the guy who has had the move done on him, gets up before the.....move do'er.

Unless it's just my edits i've got also, but i've noticed fatigue is more of a thing late match now more so than it was in FPR. Great to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

i have a billion games to play on steam and i still want to get FPW :shobon:

Do you have Friday the 13th: the Shame?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I made Hardcore Holly for those who like their midcarders

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974322940

I always like having Bob in my games, and i'm not sure why. Good little guy to beat up!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I know someone was asking about the menu in matches - it's the tab key.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

I made Hardcore Holly for those who like their midcarders

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974322940

I always like having Bob in my games, and i'm not sure why. Good little guy to beat up!

Now make Crash, for a good big guy to beat up

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Say someone uploads a character to the workshop with just attire and adds the logic/attributes later, do I have to download it again?

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Say someone uploads a character to the workshop with just attire and adds the logic/attributes later, do I have to download it again?

If you remain subscribed to it through the Workshop, it will automatically keep it updated when the author makes changes and uploads it again.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

Do you have Friday the 13th: the Shame?
i dont, but i do have other early access titles

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Mike tyson rabbit punched conner mcgregor out before turning around and eating a head kick from cro cop that put him critical. What a game. What a game.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Apparently there's a bug right now where you can only download the first attire of a wrestler even if the creator uploaded multiple attire. Hopefully this gets fixed in such a way that it dynamically downloads those attires since you're subscribed and we don have to go back to redownload everyone.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Blast Fantasto posted:

Apparently there's a bug right now where you can only download the first attire of a wrestler even if the creator uploaded multiple attire. Hopefully this gets fixed in such a way that it dynamically downloads those attires since you're subscribed and we don have to go back to redownload everyone.

I'm not positive but it looks like it download every wrestler on every launch, but either way you should be covered, unless they hosed up the upload of it, and not the download.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah the AI settings get messed up some too. There is definitely some work needed to get things going properly.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

spongeh posted:

I'm not positive but it looks like it download every wrestler on every launch, but either way you should be covered, unless they hosed up the upload of it, and not the download.

That's how it works. Any changes to any of your subs will get automatically changed every time you restart the game.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

i dont, but i do have other early access titles

It's strangely good. I have been playing the poo poo out of it. I don't have Fire Pro yet but I have been murdered by Jason 1 quintillion times.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Quasipox posted:

I really want to get FPW on PS4, but I can't seem to find any info on if there will be anyway to "copy" saves so I can get edits on there. It worked like a charm on FPR on PS3, but i'm guessing with the way the PS4 is set up that won't be possible.

Is...is it possible?

All that the devs have said about the PS4 version is that "it's coming." Nothing else about features or integration. Nothing about release date.

I would imagine they allow you to copy and get saves from USB (it's what Pro Evo Soccer allows on PS4), or they may have sharing built in ala the WWE 2K games (less likely), but I don't think the PS4 version will go without that functionality.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

harperdc posted:

All that the devs have said about the PS4 version is that "it's coming." Nothing else about features or integration. Nothing about release date.

I would imagine they allow you to copy and get saves from USB (it's what Pro Evo Soccer allows on PS4), or they may have sharing built in ala the WWE 2K games (less likely), but I don't think the PS4 version will go without that functionality.

They actually mentioned the PS4 version in the Twitch chat.

quote:

PS4 doesn't have a Workshop but it has a similar system for user-created uploads so yes, there will be asset sharing

[on transferring created characters from pc to ps4] The Million Dollar question and something were're looking into.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

They actually mentioned the PS4 version in the Twitch chat.

Until this there has been nothing on their blog or in press. (Which, hey, not complaining and understand how they're approaching it. The Steam early access version is a big deal, especially for an established dev in Japan).

Glad to hear they're working on the features though.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Reading this makes me so happy

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/885272626159124480

Hopefully AKI/Syn Sophia will see the success of this and attempt to follow in Spike's footsteps.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope a pspgoon gets inspiration from this to reform GCW

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Call Me Charlie posted:

Reading this makes me so happy

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/885272626159124480

Hopefully AKI/Syn Sophia will see the success of this and attempt to follow in Spike's footsteps.

hahahah holy poo poo yes, they used my CAW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shoplifter posted:

hahahah holy poo poo yes, they used my CAW

Is yours the bear ref?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
The pink one. It started as a joke between my friend and I back in the Saturn days and we just keep making him for every game. I'm guessing that the version in this video didn't have the logic done either.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Is it me, or does the ring edit have no colour spectrum picker? There are only about 10 set colours to pick from.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And because of the comments section on that article, I learned about this:

https://twitter.com/SlothFactsAsh/status/884657812273373184

So now you must all see it too.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

that's a very old No Mercy reference

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Grabbed FPW today, and one of the first CAWs I downloaded was Frank "The Trayshman" Reynolds. Who proceeded to defeat Sabu in a barbed wire death match. 10/10, GOTY right there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

that's a very old No Mercy reference

Really. What was the original thing?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I can't remember exactly, I just remember The Tsunderetaker's spinning "drink me in" entrance

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dead-chan Walking

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The most freakishly accurate CAW so far:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974982661&searchtext=

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
I hope one day fire pro world can become this https://youtu.be/UZSI-xfvgvY

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
How important is Compatibility in movesets? I find myself fussing a lot over this, trying to pick B-or-above for everything but I'm still not quite sure how all the attributes figure in and it seems a little limiting. Am I setting too high a bar or what?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, what am I missing with corner grapples? Every time I try to move in to do one in this tutorial the other guy comes out of the corner as soon as I get in range and reverses me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

How important is Compatibility in movesets? I find myself fussing a lot over this, trying to pick B-or-above for everything but I'm still not quite sure how all the attributes figure in and it seems a little limiting. Am I setting too high a bar or what?

It only really affects the amount of breath a move takes. So hitting an E grade move will take more stamina out of you than hitting an A.

It doesn't affect damage, and unless it's change from returns the difference between A and E isn't that great.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The first patch for Fire Pro is out:

Spike Chunsoft posted:

Version 0.9001 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please keep patch-related comments to this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

[ONLINE MODE]
  • Fixed room search issue that was preventing matches from being found.
  • Fixed issue where the game would freeze at a black screen when starting a match.
  • Fixed bandwidth issue where you would switch control with opponent’s wrestler.

• Fixed issue preventing you from selecting alternative costumes.

[WORKSHOP]
  • Fixed issue that prevented multiple costumes from uploading to Workshop.
    (Please re-upload any edit wrestlers with multiple costumes. Users subscribed to this item will then receive automatic updates.)
  • Fixed issue causing CPU logic settings to reset.
  • Fixed issue preventing a thumbnail from being created when uploading an edit.

[OFFLINE MENU]
  • Fixed issue allowing you to use retired wrestlers.
  • Fixed issue with belt icons displaying improperly in View Title menu.
  • Fixed wrestler name display in league mode.

[EDIT MODE]
  • Fixed issue that caused a different wrestler to be deleted if you tried to delete an editing without saving first.
  • Fixed issue on PS4 controller causing color picker to get stuck moving up.
  • Fixed issue in Moveset menu where “Not used” text was not displaying.
  • Fixed issue allowing you to use more edit points than the set limit. If you have a wrestler that exceeds the point maximum, their parameters will be reset.
  • Improved response speed of percentage select window in CPU Logic menu.

[MATCHES]
  • Fixed issue preventing you from taunting/performing on corner post.
    (If your wrestler was set to have a corner post performance, this issue also prevented them from using diving moves.)
  • Fixed issue where wrestlers were tiring too easily.
  • Fixed CPU logic issue that prevented CPU wrestlers from using irish whip and corner-to-center attacks.
  • Fixed CPU logic issue where “Grapple > Med Dmg” priorities were not being taken into consideration.

EDIT: The forums are also saying it added a new move, the Sling Blade.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 14, 2017

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any word if Fire Pro is gonna be more expensive when it leaves early access or not? I'm tempted to try it out having not played one ever but I'm also hesitant to buy an early access game.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any word if Fire Pro is gonna be more expensive when it leaves early access or not? I'm tempted to try it out having not played one ever but I'm also hesitant to buy an early access game.

I don't think the devs have mentioned a price increase, but the Newlegacy guys have been hinting at a bump to $30 or $40 and they've been talking to community managers for a few weeks. Not gospel, but it's possible. The early-access-ness of the game is almost entirely in the UI and online bugs, some of which they've already patched in 3 days.

If you haven't tried the series before, it's probably worth it now to do the mission mode tutorials and a few matches to see if you like the gameplay, which does take some time to get used to, and refund if you don't like it. Streams don't do the game's difficulty and nuance justice.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Can somebody tell me how to jump off the cage using a 360 controller? I can't figure it out.

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm tempted to try it out having not played one ever but I'm also hesitant to buy an early access game.

It's basically done. From the way the developers were talking, all early access is going to be is polishing it for the console release, minor features and new parts/moves. After early access, they'll explore the possibility of more content/game modes (potentially DLC)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

From the Steam store page's Early Access boxout:

quote:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Early Access users will enjoy a lower price. We’re still considering the final release price.”