Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait a minute. Sports drinks. Turning gears gimmick. Find the best combination.

Oh my god, it's a pun. Build as in "create/engineer" but also as in "bodybuilding".

I hate Kamen Rider Build for its puns already :argh:

https://twitter.com/losondro/status/885766347686383616

https://twitter.com/ApolloGeese/status/885762469913923584

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The left is that dumbass 90s impostor version of Batman that appeared after Bane broke his back.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Build looks so drat cool. Please let this be a good suit AND story season.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Build looks so drat cool. Please let this be a good suit AND story season.

Sorry, We've only had one season that did that recently. Outside of Drive, It's been awful suits great story (Ex-Aid, Gaim Pre-KACHIDOKI ARMS) or great suit and poo poo writing (Ghost, Wizard).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sorry, We've only had one season that did that recently. Outside of Drive, It's been awful suits great story (Ex-Aid, Gaim Pre-KACHIDOKI ARMS) or great suit and poo poo writing (Ghost, Wizard).

I will fight you for saying Ex-Aid has awful suits. I will concede that Lazer's suit is awful, however.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Craptacular! posted:

The left is that dumbass 90s impostor version of Batman that appeared after Bane broke his back.

Uh SIR Batman hand picked Azrael as his replacement

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Sports drinks sound stupid gimmick. But if you told me "video games" before I started Ex-Aid, it would have been similar reaction :shrug:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

deadly_pudding posted:

I will fight you for saying Ex-Aid has awful suits. I will concede that Lazer's suit is awful, however.

They're mostly over the top stupid awesome but the bodysuits all featuring shorts is a bit weird.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Sports drinks sound stupid gimmick. But if you told me "video games" before I started Ex-Aid, it would have been similar reaction :shrug:

Same but Fruits and Gaim

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Does...does he drink the sports drinks? Or is this like Gaim, Amazons, and possibly Double, where it's implied that the belt is injecting something directly into his body? :gonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now that's a boy I'd buy a Figuarts of!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well Build does look more like a traditional Kamen Rider, I'll give it that (in fact, he kind of reminds me of W in some ways). Here's hoping that the show and its suit design will both be equally good this time rather than it just being one or the other.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well

Now I have to watch episodes of this fucker.

loving looking all cool and awesome

Please don't be a piece of poo poo Build

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Well Build does look more like a traditional Kamen Rider, I'll give it that (in fact, he kind of reminds me of W in some ways). Here's hoping that the show and its suit design will both be equally good this time rather than it just being one or the other.

Both the theme and design are reminiscent of W given that the power sets are A+B = Rider. It's distinct from W in that A and B are two distinct types rather than part of one collective group.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Excuse you. OOO had GREAT suits (and Fourze's suits really grew on me, but I'm always biased for Fourze).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's everything in a Tumblr post and somewhat better explained.

The suits look amazing and I hope the plot is great too. That said, it can wait to start, Ex-Aid's too good and I don't want it to end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Still need to start those Gamer Boiz.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Build, Please Be Good™

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Makes sense they moved onto MountainDew after Ex-Aid. :shepface:

(Those suits look sweet, ultimate form is gonna be a mess. :v: )

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zedd posted:

Makes sense they moved onto MountainDew after Ex-Aid. :shepface:

(Those suits look sweet, ultimate form is gonna be a mess. :v: )

My only qualm so far is that due to the way the suits are designed, there's not going to be as much mixing as matching as it implies. It also resembles W in that way except that W only had three base types for each side and all combinations of them made at least one appearance in the series.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Somebody took a stab at translating the text from the toy catalog, and this is gonna be a wild ride :v:

Apparently the world was already destroyed, and mankind was preserved by putting everybody's souls into bottles.
A new world was created for those souls to inhabit as temporary physical avatars. However, evil people called Builders commit heinous crimes in order to satisfy their souls, and only one man can stop them.

So I guess it's a Singularity story? It's like somebody looked at the only interesting thing in Kamen Rider Ghost and wanted to have a do-over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So they just come up with Kamen Rider ideas by throwing darts at a dartboard, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

So they just come up with Kamen Rider ideas by throwing darts at a dartboard, right?

If what I heard about Gaim is correct, Bandai basically goes "This is what we want to sell toys of. Write something around it."

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Waffleman_ posted:

If what I heard about Gaim is correct, Bandai basically goes "This is what we want to sell toys of. Write something around it."

"Hino-san over in R&D locked himself in his office for 2 weeks, and when he emerged he had all these intricate and dynamic new designs for 5-Hour Energy shots."

"Good, yes, we can work with this. Kamen Rider will combine 2 5-Hour Energies for 10 continuous hours of energy."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The final form is a big gulp full of 5 hour energy

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PMush Perfect posted:

The final form is a big gulp full of 5 hour energy

My prediction: It's roughly 1.5-liter cylinder-shaped device that he loads all 12 or whatever shots into, then crushes against his forehead like a giant beer can.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pros: He can read minds and deep clean his entire apartment.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's an image showing how the mix-and-matching works for Build, confirming that it's possible despite his weird design.

So it's W, but assymetrical. He looks really cool!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it basically looks like one is the Body Shot that gives him his armor/speed/power/whatever and the other is the Weapon Shot that gives him a tool or weapon or something maybe?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Here's an image showing how the mix-and-matching works for Build, confirming that it's possible despite his weird design.

So it's W, but assymetrical. He looks really cool!

He's a kitbashed Rider and I love it. :swoon:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I just watched episode 1 of Geed. So, it seems like only Kamen Rider was able to gently caress up Kamen Rider Decade, then? Unless this show nosedives, that's Ultraman and Super Sentai both being totally fine at big weird crossover series.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

deadly_pudding posted:

I just watched episode 1 of Geed. So, it seems like only Kamen Rider was able to gently caress up Kamen Rider Decade, then? Unless this show nosedives, that's Ultraman and Super Sentai both being totally fine at big weird crossover series.

While I haven't seen it, wasn't Orb a crossover series too?

UNRELATED

Janperson 25 is out.

Another show I haven't seen :v:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
When did Kamen Riders stop looking like giant bug-men? It seems like they're all designed by the Lego committee, of course this one fits that feeling more than others but that quirky insectoid look is gone.

I'm starting over on Ex-Aid since I forgot about it for so long, and the first time I saw the traditional flying kick finisher was Dan trying to kill a kid. I guess I should note my prior experiences in this franchise were all in the old age of practical effects and sparklers (the way CGI has replaced pyrotechnics in all these shows is saddening and makes them feel like we're in a "Star Wars prequels" age) but I did see one episode of Blade and he looked appropriately bug-like.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 15, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

While I haven't seen it, wasn't Orb a crossover series too?

UNRELATED

Janperson 25 is out.

Another show I haven't seen :v:

Almost every Ultraman show nowadays is a crossover of some kind. The last show that was completely standalone was Ultraman Max back in 2005-2006.

While there have been good shows since then the whole concept of every series being an anniversary season is kind of getting tiresome for me and I wish Tsuburaya would do something original for a change (hell, Orb and Geed basically have the exact same gimmick more or less).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

When did Kamen Riders stop looking like giant bug-men? It seems like they're all designed by the Lego committee, of course this one fits that feeling more than others but that quirky insectoid look is gone.

The move away from bugs really kinda started with Agito and Ryuki, who were more dragon-inspired, though bugmen still stayed in the series like Kabuto and 555. Bug theming altogether seems to have been abandoned since W, with only the bug eyes really returning every once in a while as the bug feature, though it seemed Ghost was a bit more buggy than most.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

though it seemed Ghost was a bit more buggy than most.
In multiple senses.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Humanity has infinite potential.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Humanity has infinite potential.
But are you getting fired up?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

PMush Perfect posted:

But are you getting fired up?

Alright, lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Finally caught up on Kyuranger. Can't believe it took 21 episodes before we got a "Kept you waiting, huh?" joke out of Champ.

• Locked thread