Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dyz posted:

Now im just imagining some horrible indie game where you and another person control the other player's character while seeing them through your eyes.
basically just sounds like old resident evil games with a twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

busb posted:

huh. that is v weird youami. have you checked your RAM?

Prob doesn't have ECC

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Got drat the micro uzi is an absolute meat grinder. I've really misjudged it for a long time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Also I'm really glad I picked up the "jump and spray to kill people through windows" from Grimmz because I get people with that poo poo constantly

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
A micro uzi with a stock kills people from a lot further away than it has any right to be, add a compensator and it's practically king of CQC 3rd person zoom firing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

rage-saq posted:

A micro uzi with a stock kills people from a lot further away than it has any right to be, add a compensator and it's practically king of CQC 3rd person zoom firing

Yeah that's what I was running for my last chicken dinner. My teammate and I had a rumble in one of the gas station and I ended up just utterly melting 3 guys.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I feel like getting the drop and being accurate is more important than weapon choice in this game. Even good players panic when surprised, you gotta be accurate enough to take advantage of it. Except shotguns, they are the most rng this game has

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 14, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Ive played with 3-4 goons who say "i need a gun" and wont take uzis on the ground. Dont do that

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

What do you non-streaming people use to record/grab clips of your dumb plays? The last time I wanted to record or clip something was when Fraps was the only capture program out there.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

if you're not dropping at the military base right off the bat to fight against dozens of other nerds I don't what the gently caress you're doing with your life

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

96 spacejam posted:

What do you non-streaming people use to record/grab clips of your dumb plays? The last time I wanted to record or clip something was when Fraps was the only capture program out there.

If you have a Nvidia card, Shadow play works well for me

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Also I dunno why people are all excited about 1st person mode when the building/features haven't had their hit boxes properly cut out. Enjoy shooting at the wall even though a player is in your sights.

Good soup! posted:

If you have a Nvidia card, Shadow play works well for me

I do, thanks.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
shotguns are laser accurate with a choke and ads

in fact they're almost too accurate with a choke, as people expect some spread but instead all their pellets neatly pass through the target's armpits or whatever

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

96 spacejam posted:

Also I dunno why people are all excited about 1st person mode when the building/features haven't had their hit boxes properly cut out. Enjoy shooting at the wall even though a player is in your sights.

I do, thanks.

Just make sure to change the alt-z method of bringing up the overlay because it has gotten me killed a few times haha

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

My issue with shotguns is that, other than the first five minutes of the game, there are going to be virtually no instances where you see someone else, they see you at the exact same time, and whoever dishes out the most dps wins. Most of the time, you'll either have the jump on someone or they'll have the jump on you, and I'd much rather have something where I can spray bullets indiscriminately and not have to worry about missing a shot or two.

I'm also bad though so

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah that's all true, but the thing is that an AR with a few different scopes in your bag covers 90% of all engagements in the game anyway, so your other primary is always gonna be something niche.

i feel like keeping shotguns is not that great in solo since like you said after the early game there's very few point blank engagements, but in squads you often get into house fights after the first 5 minutes in which case shotguns are loving king

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I'm also bad though so

Zo posted:

yeah that's all true

:negative:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This is the best of games.

https://gfycat.com/WeakDependableHapuku (nicer quality)

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
So in the new map set in the US desert will there be different US themed vehicles? I want to roll around in an 80's squarebody with a shotgun toting squad in the bed

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Willfrey posted:

So in the new map set in the US desert will there be different US themed vehicles? I want to roll around in an 80's squarebody with a shotgun toting squad in the bed

Don't think they've said. I'd be surprised if they didn't have something new in there though in terms of vehicles.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Willfrey posted:

They're staying with the former soviet country theme. I haven't seen anything saying that it was in the U.S.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Ashrik posted:

They're staying with the former soviet country theme. I haven't seen anything saying that it was in the U.S.

There are a lot of cactuses in former soviet countries?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The game actually takes place in Russia for anyone curious.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Ashrik posted:

playerunkown himself name dropped peru (iirc) in that ign? podcast/skype interview

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Has there been any word on a fix coming to the bug where sometimes guns firing under full auto can stop firing? Already googled it and most of the posts are older than a month.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

PantsBandit posted:

My issue with shotguns is that, other than the first five minutes of the game, there are going to be virtually no instances where you see someone else, they see you at the exact same time, and whoever dishes out the most dps wins. Most of the time, you'll either have the jump on someone or they'll have the jump on you, and I'd much rather have something where I can spray bullets indiscriminately and not have to worry about missing a shot or two.

I'm also bad though so

You're greatly underestimating a shotgun+choke headshot capability. Its not about pumping a bunch of lovely body shots at someone. Its a perfectly fine secondary

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Shotguns are rad as hell, I almost always have one as a secondary even right up to the end of the game.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Two guys were coming to our house with a bike, I shot once and killed them both with my shotgun. They probably were at low hp due to zone, but still..

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Two guys were coming to our house with a bike, I shot once and killed them both with my shotgun. They probably were at low hp due to zone, but still..

Bet it looked sweet as hell though. Sometimes the rag dolls look brutal as gently caress, like when they just drop while running, slump up against a tree, or when their neck and upper body snap backwards when headshot.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Ihmemies posted:

Happened to a buddy of mine and I once. Right in the entrance to the pool at school. We were both very low hp. Still hilarious

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's nice that the latest patch seemingly added the option to select a default server region but for some reason it resets back to asia after every match.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Sashimi posted:

Has there been any word on a fix coming to the bug where sometimes guns firing under full auto can stop firing? Already googled it and most of the posts are older than a month.

Switching modes regularly and setting it to the right one shortly before you start shooting appears to help.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I just bought this game two days ago and I'm already addicted. Me and my friend had two top ten games last night and I fired maybe 5 bullets. Starting to realize this is a game more about survivng for 90% of the game then finishing people off if you make it to the end.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rad Valtar posted:

So I just bought this game two days ago and I'm already addicted. Me and my friend had two top ten games last night and I fired maybe 5 bullets. Starting to realize this is a game more about survivng for 90% of the game then finishing people off if you make it to the end.

master the art of aggression and then you will be sneaky because everyone around you is dead

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Holy loving poo poo they really need to bloody make it that when a car is empty it sticks you in the Driver's seat by default.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Croccers posted:

Holy loving poo poo they really need to bloody make it that when a car is empty it sticks you in the Driver's seat by default.

I've begun to enter the car from the "wrong" side.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
You can decide for yourself which seat to get into by moving closer or further away from the car while the 'press F' thing shows, it's really not that hard. If you got put into the driver's seat by default, there'd be situations where it would suck because people'll always know to aim at the driver's seat when someone's close to a car, rather than having to look where exactly they enter the car.

e: learning to always hit control+1 after entering car is also pretty useful; it can be done pretty much instantly.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

You can decide for yourself which seat to get into by moving closer or further away from the car while the 'press F' thing shows, it's really not that hard. If you got put into the driver's seat by default, there'd be situations where it would suck because people'll always know to aim at the driver's seat when someone's close to a car, rather than having to look where exactly they enter the car.

e: learning to always hit control+1 after entering car is also pretty useful; it can be done pretty much instantly.

Just let me enter the door I'm standing at man. This would be very intuitive you see.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Just let me enter the door I'm standing at man. This would be very intuitive you see.

This. Also got my third solo chicken dinner a few minutes ago which included starting at the school and ending up running into a random care package headed to the circle and having a suppressed 4x Groza.

A suppressed Groza doesn't uhhh miss. Even at 4x.

Also, has anyone else been getting the "No one landed near me but all of a sudden there are 4 assholes in my little compound" thing lately? Happened 4 rounds in a row to me tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Slowpokes chuting directly behind/above you are very hard to see and can lead to unexpected enemies

• Locked thread