Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MMAgCh posted:

Meanwhile on post-patch Hanamura…

Solid map design, allowing one team to draw out a match for however long they please. :waycool: The people who abuse it are fucknuggets of the highest order, of course, but still.

The thing that blows my mind is when you look at the reaction to this on places like Reddit it overwhelmingly leans towards blaming people for griefing and being poor sports instead of blaming Blizzard for allowing such a dysfunctional outcome to be possible in the first place.

It's pretty amazing that Hanamura manages to be the shittiest map in two separate games simultaneously though, it's like the quintessential unit of bad design. Decades from now bad maps in games will be measured in Hanamuras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I hit my next 25 level benchmark and used the blue diamonds to buy Cho'Gall. What are some good QM gimmicks if you have a third person to pick a specific hero? I've played Morales as the third leg of a Cho'Gall and stomped before, but what else works well? I remember people posting that Auriel can leech a ton of healmana if she puts the hat on Cho'Gall. Feels like Stitches, Artanis, Diablo, maybe Dehaka would work well for dragging people towards Cho'Gall to get stomped.

I pulled a perfect Artanis Q/E combo today and dragged an enemy almost an entire screen back into my teamates. They actually said "holy poo poo that prism" and I was proud. I need to play him more often.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Kai Tave posted:

The thing that blows my mind is when you look at the reaction to this on places like Reddit it overwhelmingly leans towards blaming people for griefing and being poor sports instead of blaming Blizzard for allowing such a dysfunctional outcome to be possible in the first place.

It's pretty amazing that Hanamura manages to be the shittiest map in two separate games simultaneously though, it's like the quintessential unit of bad design. Decades from now bad maps in games will be measured in Hanamuras.

Eh, sure it's poor design but if the team didn't want to pointlessly extend the game it wouldn't happen.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lordfrikk posted:

Eh, sure it's poor design but if the team didn't want to pointlessly extend the game it wouldn't happen.

It should be a requirement if you want to be able to put "Professional Game Designer" on your resume and actually get paid to do that as your job that you be able to answer the question "if I design a game that can be exploited in some fashion, will players ruthlessly exploit the ever-loving gently caress out of it even if doing so would be the sort of thing a dickhead would do, yes or no?" correctly. If you put down any answer other than "yes, of course they will" then you instantly lose your job and get ejected from the premises via a novelty spring-loaded plate underneath the floor that shoots you through the ceiling into a nearby mattress factory.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I don't disagree with that at all. My point is they are not exclusive. The map can be poorly designed AND the people can be literal human garbage who just find that kind of behavior fun.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lordfrikk posted:

I don't disagree with that at all. My point is they are not exclusive. The map can be poorly designed AND the people can be literal human garbage who just find that kind of behavior fun.

They're not mutually exclusive but the overwhelming reaction shouldn't be "what's wrong with you people, why can't you hold yourselves to better standards of MOBA e-honor?" and should instead be "what the gently caress is wrong with you Blizzard, why are you making this terrible map even worse?" instead of the other way around, which is what I was commenting on.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Meanwhile on post-patch Hanamura…

Solid map design, allowing one team to draw out a match for however long they please. :waycool: The people who abuse it are fucknuggets of the highest order, of course, but still.

Only played on the new Hanamura once and it was a stomp, so I didn't really get to see much of the changes. How did that screenshot happen?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Eraflure posted:

Only played on the new Hanamura once and it was a stomp, so I didn't really get to see much of the changes. How did that screenshot happen?

There's nothing that forces the game to end due to the fact that minions don't push the core. That and there being only two lanes (unlike Tower of Doom's 3) means that a team with a large lead can easily stall out a game for as long as they want and it will never end until they allow it to.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

p-hop posted:

I hit my next 25 level benchmark and used the blue diamonds to buy Cho'Gall. What are some good QM gimmicks if you have a third person to pick a specific hero? I've played Morales as the third leg of a Cho'Gall and stomped before, but what else works well? I remember people posting that Auriel can leech a ton of healmana if she puts the hat on Cho'Gall. Feels like Stitches, Artanis, Diablo, maybe Dehaka would work well for dragging people towards Cho'Gall to get stomped.

I pulled a perfect Artanis Q/E combo today and dragged an enemy almost an entire screen back into my teamates. They actually said "holy poo poo that prism" and I was proud. I need to play him more often.

If you have three in QM, Chogal + Auriel is crazy strong. Auriel p much always has a full bar to heal with. Get the quest to increase capacity with a max heal and the one that damages enemies in the heal area for extra fun.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Is there some weird display bug on black heart bay in this patch? I noticed at the end of my last game the counter in the bottom said my team had like 47 coins and the other team had 19 when neither team had anywhere near that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If you want to stop broken things happening in games, either video or tabletop, it's a hell of a lot more effective for the designer to fix the problem than hoping that an audience of thousands doesn't include people willing to exploit stuff for their benefit if the rules allow it. Even Data played like an rear end in a top hat to troll his opponent into rage quitting which all his buddies said was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIRT6xRQkf8&t=1s

There's no point complaining that these players are jerks when the problem is from the top. The response to this should be Hanamura removed until they can rework it into a functional map, not something we have to waste 20+ minutes (or in this case an hour) playing or get a leaver penalty and hope the other team isn't going to abuse it.

Kai Tave posted:

It should be a requirement if you want to be able to put "Professional Game Designer" on your resume and actually get paid to do that as your job that you be able to answer the question "if I design a game that can be exploited in some fashion, will players ruthlessly exploit the ever-loving gently caress out of it even if doing so would be the sort of thing a dickhead would do, yes or no?" correctly. If you put down any answer other than "yes, of course they will" then you instantly lose your job and get ejected from the premises via a novelty spring-loaded plate underneath the floor that shoots you through the ceiling into a nearby mattress factory.

Seriously.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 14, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Magna Kaser posted:

Is there some weird display bug on black heart bay in this patch? I noticed at the end of my last game the counter in the bottom said my team had like 47 coins and the other team had 19 when neither team had anywhere near that.

Yeah the coin counter on the bottom right is completely wrong. You can see the actual amounts of coins people got on the tab score screen as a workaround.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They changed the launcher look and I am irrationally angry.

Those are unrelated. I'm not angry at the new art style, I'm angry because I didn't get loot chests this week :v:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

p-hop posted:

I hit my next 25 level benchmark and used the blue diamonds to buy Cho'Gall.

Wait, can you not get Cho'gall for free any more by playing with someone who already has him?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

lordfrikk posted:

I don't disagree with that at all. My point is they are not exclusive. The map can be poorly designed AND the people can be literal human garbagethe kind of people who play MOBA's who just find that kind of behavior fun.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Wait, can you not get Cho'gall for free any more by playing with someone who already has him?

Nope, but you can play as one of the heads if your friend has Cho'gall without needing to own the hero yourself

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I got 5 loot boxes on my alt account that I think I played one game on this week. Got Nova and a surfboard at least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have two surfboards, three wet tracer skins, two bikini stitches skins, and a Tychus skin. Not really ecstatic that those could have been four other epics and a legendary tbh but I've been lucky otherwise. This promo is at least a week too long imo.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I've played a few games nearly every day and no loot boxes for me. Was there some place special I had to sign up?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ToxicToast posted:

I've played a few games nearly every day and no loot boxes for me. Was there some place special I had to sign up?

Nope, as long as you won a game, you got an entry. (One per day)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think already have one of each of the skins but no surfboard. I can see why they only weighted the loot boxes towards summer loot now. If it was guaranteed they'd either need to make a lot more event specific stuff or people would be getting tons of duplicates.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Radish posted:

There's no point complaining that these players are jerks when the problem is from the top. The response to this should be Hanamura removed until they can rework it into a functional map

And now it hopefully will be. Issues, even issues which seem large from the outside, will creep in unseen. That's inevitable.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

psst

don't tell anyone

You can let an AI game go on forever on Hanamura, and the AFK detector won't kick you if you have Universal Carrier constantly doing something for your team.

Lurking Arm is also doing stuff, but at some point I got stunned out of it and didn't get kicked before my next check-in, so I think it's Universal Carrier doing it.

The enemy AI wants to go for the top payload first, so they haven't made any map progress since I left it.

Of course this strategy requires you to RNG into Hanamura, but I was AFK farming AI games anyway while I read poo poo for work. On other maps, every two minutes, make sure you damage an enemy so you don't get kicked.

e: btw there's a limit on the amount of AI exp you can get per day, so you can't leave this on and go on vacation, but still.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BrianBoitano posted:

e: btw there's a limit on the amount of AI exp you can get per day, so you can't leave this on and go on vacation, but still.

2.5 million iirc

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Do pure AI games like that count for entry into the contest? I've been doing QM which can be poo poo.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^^ Official rules say yeah AI games count.

quote:

4. How to Enter. Qualified entrants can earn an entry into the Contest by being on the winning
team of a Heroes of the Storm game in Versus A.I., Quick Match, Unranked and Ranked, each day during
the Contest, with the maximum number of entries that a qualified entrant can amass for each weekly
drawing being limited to seven (7) entries.

EdRush posted:

2.5 million iirc

Sweet, thanks. That's approximately 9 hours at the rate I've been getting for AI games. I'll leave it running until the end of my work day, in 2 1/2 hours.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm really wondering about this contest considering the lowest prize is 100k winners and I've played to enter every day the last two weeks and not won either drawing

Don't feel bad, I never win raffles either.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano posted:

e: ^^^^ Official rules say yeah AI games count.

Sweet, thanks. That's approximately 9 hours at the rate I've been getting for AI games. I'll leave it running until the end of my work day, in 2 1/2 hours.

Darn. Somehow got AFK'ed. Oh well, got a funny screenshot for very little effort.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I would have to imagine they are going to hotfix next week considering the amount of significant bugs in this build would make it untenable for HGC usage (BHB coins, sapper/siege mercs damage, Nazeebo's trait now being really broken, a few Stukov quirks)

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
What's going on with Naz?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

About half the time you don't get a stack from killing a minion

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

GenericOverusedName posted:

What's going on with Naz?

You only get stacks now if it dies from the DoT damage specifically, any other damage source (even from Nazeebo) doesnt count

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there a list of the current major bugs anywhere?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SirSamVimes posted:

Is there a list of the current major bugs anywhere?

Anub'arak
Zagara

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Midnightghoul posted:

You only get stacks now if it dies from the DoT damage specifically, any other damage source (even from Nazeebo) doesnt count

Ew that's pretty bad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Toshimo posted:

Anub'arak
Zagara

booooo

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

There's this but it doesn't have the Nazeebo thing yet.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20755026014

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toshimo posted:

Anub'arak
Zagara

How dare you forget Dehaka

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Wow that sure is a long rear end list of broken stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

How dare you forget Dehaka

If he counts then Kerri counts and nobody wants that