Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Presented without comment

https://youtu.be/rcq-TZdDSlo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I used to occasionally run like this playing sports, but normally only for a few paces looking at an object in the sky getting to reach/dive for it.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

What's the deal with Facebook showing videos that are just static images? I've seen loads of them recently.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stoatbringer posted:

What's the deal with Facebook showing videos that are just static images? I've seen loads of them recently.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think some weighted value gets assigned to videos after a recent update, so they're more likely to show up in your feed than images. So the clickbait pages just started making still imagine into videos to take advantage of it and not lose out on those sweet clicks.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stoatbringer posted:

Also they got ads autoplaying in autoplay videos now. So they need lots of videos to play, even of nothing.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Well, the Ramones were

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, the eldest son of the Duggars is an incest Pedo and regressives forgave him because "boys will just be boys(AKA he's a rich white regressive christian)."

Also the only good thing that happen in 2016 was Huckleberry cockblocking Zodiac Killer from a photo op to support the incest pedo.

It was a photo op for the lady that wouldn't sign marriage certificates

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ugh, nothing worse than finding out my record collection has been ironic this whole time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well, the Ramones were

I think it was Joey who was a proud republican so I guess he is sorta right.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He's right in that they're all old out of touch white dudes

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

EmmyOk posted:

This type of running even preceded Naruto because we had a that guy in my school (fighter jet) who did it years before Naruto was a thing.

It was the sonic run at my school. No one ever did it, like in public. But me and my friends tried it one weekend. We were were having an argument whether it was even possible and decided to run full tilt down a hill like that. We all fell flat on our stupid faces.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dave Grool posted:

He's right in that they're all old out of touch white dudes

All four of them are long dead, dude.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Seen in the wild, on a clickbait video about Mortal Kombat

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

That... Uh... That escalated.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

That... Uh... That escalated.

So did this
https://twitter.com/Carter_Shade/status/885583231965417472

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fidget spinners are basically the same as car bombs

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I was too lazy to censor all the names in the comments on this one but it showed up because a born-again Christian relative of mine, and a startling number of other people, commented "Not me!!!!!".

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Magna Kaser posted:

I was too lazy to censor all the names in the comments on this one but it showed up because a born-again Christian relative of mine, and a startling number of other people, commented "Not me!!!!!".

You know a lot of very gullible people. Do any of them even live in Massachusetts?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Magna Kaser posted:

I can't believe there are people with critical thinking skills so poor that they believe this quote is real. This is the stupidest time to be alive

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

You know a lot of very gullible people. Do any of them even live in Massachusetts?

My relative does, and they were the only person I remotely knew in the post so I dunno about anyone else.

It was kind of exciting because I usually don't get fodder for this thread in my feed!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why'd those morons even build a runway that close to a beach anyway?

Oh.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh.

quote:

There are prominent warning signs in the area instructing beachgoers not to stand near the fence because of the dangerous air blasts.

The island's tourism director, Rolando Brison, told the New Zealand Herald he had spoken to the family of the dead woman.

"I met with the family of the deceased this evening and while they recognised that what they did was wrong, through the clearly visible danger signs, they regret that risk they took turned out in the worst possible way," he said.
The newspaper also said the plane taking off was a Boeing 737, a commercial jet. A number of local media reports said the woman struck her head on concrete when she was blown back from the fence line.

In a statement, Sint Maarten police said they visit the area daily to discourage tourists from clinging to the runway fence.

They at least try to keep the vapid tourists out...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dienes posted:

They at least try to keep the vapid tourists out...

Think of it as evolution in action.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
For a second I thought you said vaping tourists.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So some of you probably know Canuck the Crow. He's a local celeb bird in Vancouver, and the Pacific National Exhibition decided to donate $1000 to a bird hospital in his honour. The people he associates with have agreed to take him to the expo to hang out because people want to see him. As part of the marketing strategy, PNE released a statement saying Canuck has been hired and is making $12.27 an hour.

At least one person can't handle it.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PhazonLink posted:

They are directed to stand directly where the planes land.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Magna Kaser posted:

My relative does [live in Massachusetts] and they were the only person I remotely knew in the post so I dunno about anyone else.

The elusive Curt Schilling voter!

Maybe he's not even running anymore after the disaster of his death rally. My guess is that your relative probably isn't going to be as interested in this other fine candidate, who is an idiot on or off social media.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_on_global_population_growth

Link this in the comments, because it's up to the developed world to help that happen.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Did you know that in the Star Wars expanded universe books, "vape" is both slang for "vaporize", which I suppose happens a lot in Star Wars, and also a common curse word comparable to "gently caress?"

It's fantastic

quote:

Mara clucked. "Darling", she said in disingenuous tones. "I love you, you are my life and my light. If you ever do this to me again, I will vape you where you stand." She squeezed his hand fondly.

quote:

"Vaping moffs!" Vehn swore. "You Jedi are sorcerors."

quote:

"None of the children are on your ship, Captain," Solusar said in a voice that could saw through bones. "Nothing prevents us vaping you."

quote:

Still whining, the trundle cart passed an open groundcar. Its elderly Lanteeban driver flashed them a startled, disapproving look. Vape it. He eased off the accelerator.

quote:

"Show yourself, you vaping scum!" His belly twisted. He'd caught Durd's scent.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The best invention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqP95Am2mA

I'm crying.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
IoSM: It's a ninja-type thing

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh.

I grew up in a tourist filled beach town and let me tell you people just forget their brains at home when they go on vacation. I mean I get it on some level but drat just use some common sense. I could seriously start a thread with all the stories I have.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Field Mousepad posted:

I grew up in a tourist filled beach town and let me tell you people just forget their brains at home when they go on vacation. I mean I get it on some level but drat just use some common sense. I could seriously start a thread with all the stories I have.

"I can do whatever the hell I want, I'm leaving the country in 2 weeks anyway :downs:"

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Field Mousepad posted:

:justpost:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

EmmyOk posted:

This type of running even preceded Naruto because we had a that guy in my school (fighter jet) who did it years before Naruto was a thing.

You went to school with a fighter jet?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

This is my only day off this week and I'm not spending part of it on an effort post, I have fishing to do. If someone wants to start a thread I'll gladly contribute though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

You went to school with a fighter jet?

Yeah and it ruled. He wiggled his fingers while running to simulate thrusters.