Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

This is not true today. You can do it all electronically. That said, there's only about fifty billion warnings before you can submit.

E:

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FizFashizzle posted:

Goldstone wasn't there.

Jared
Jr
Manafort
Female lawyer/child adoption advocate
Russian spy
mystery 6th

And Priebus was also seen going into the building at the same time, wasn't he?

For completely unrelated reasons I'm sure.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm sure it was discussed overnight, but this is an amazing tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/885770227514052608

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Disclaimer: President will only be at desk pen in hand between the hours of 9:30 and 3:30, Monday through Thursday.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
https://twitter.com/mla1396/status/885822067689631744

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

These guys realize that in brainstorming sessions you're not supposed to just take the first idea right?

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
From Reddit

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/885825579089629186

Malcolm Nance tweeted that the unnamed person is Rinat Akhmetshin. A quick Google search turned up this June 2016 article from Radio Free Europe that describes Rinat as a "Russian gun-for-hire who for nearly 20 years has worked the shadowy corners of the Washington lobbying scene on behalf of businessmen and politicians from around the former Soviet Union."

It's all Russia.

All the way down.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

hitchensgoespop posted:

Yes but let's not forget that Obama once did a thing.

Also have you considered Hillary?

I kind of wish Hillary would go run out and do something crazy like non-violently rob a bank. Just so that when they arrest her she can be like "I'm in jail now mother fuckers, time to focus on Trump."

Just take the Hillary stuff right off the table.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Basically everything they say about anything is a lie.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Unponderable posted:

This is not true today. You can do it all electronically. That said, there's only about fifty billion warnings before you can submit.
Even so, it means their defense is yet again "we didn't commit a crime, we are just extremely incompetent." Six months in, and if we're to believe the President and his people weren't conspiring to be criminals, we are required to believe they're totally incompetent in every way. There's no third option, aside from saying it's both things.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wish there was some uniquely Russian piece of culture or object that was a perfect metaphor for this.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I wish there was some uniquely Russian piece of culture or object that was a perfect metaphor for this.

Alas, there isn't and no political cartoonist will ever be able to use it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Goldstone wasn't there.

Jared
Jr
Manafort
Female lawyer/child adoption advocate
Russian spy
mystery 6th

Coldstone "checked in" at Trump Tower that day, though with some app?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 14, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah it is a perfect balalayka of espionage

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Rasputitsa?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ReidRansom posted:

You're sending mixed signals here Don.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Chilichimp posted:

oldstone "checked in" at Trump Tower that day, though with some app?

I believe in the email chain itself Goldstone says he would do introductions but not sit in on the meeting.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Do you think his phone autocorrected Obamacare to failed Obamacare or just filled in failed after the word their?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

I believe in the email chain itself Goldstone says he would do introductions but not sit in on the meeting.

Alright. He's just the guy with a connection to Trump, this makes sense.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

I did my SF86 online.

EDIT: I should note that the site where you do your SF86 online got hacked and had all the information stolen, which was cool.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Man your posting has been loving excellent lately, and you deserve to be told.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I did my SF86 online.

Yeah, jumped the gun on that, however:
https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/885850877881454592

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JailTrump posted:

From Reddit

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/885825579089629186

Malcolm Nance tweeted that the unnamed person is Rinat Akhmetshin. A quick Google search turned up this June 2016 article from Radio Free Europe that describes Rinat as a "Russian gun-for-hire who for nearly 20 years has worked the shadowy corners of the Washington lobbying scene on behalf of businessmen and politicians from around the former Soviet Union."

It's all Russia.

All the way down.

And this is somehow not as bad as the other person they won't name.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

It's pretty obvious that Team Trump has really no other viable option than to lie and obscure whatever they can about this because they can't afford the true situation to be known. Since disclosing is not a viable option, they just have to lie and cover up until each thing is discovered or leaked, as terrible as that looks. It still looks better than the truth.

Now it seems pretty obvious that in return for help with the election (DNC email leaks, social media twattery, etc.) and very likely financial consideration, the Russians were/are going to get in return lifting of sanctions and help with foreign policy objectives from Ukraine to Syria and blowing up the U.S. role in NATO and its alliances with the EU.

The foreign policy stuff they are getting by the bushel already, the sanctions bit is trickier since Trump is actually under some scrutiny now with respect to his relationship with Russia, but he still might go into total "don't give a gently caress" mode and try to give them all that, too. He's been 90 percent of the way to full on "don't give a gently caress, what are you going to do about it" mode since he took office anyway.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Totally stealing this.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Do you think his phone autocorrected Obamacare to failed Obamacare or just filled in failed after the word their?

Trump's autocorrect has been working so hard it's achieved sentience.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Oh definitely. There's a poo poo-ton of pages and after you do your security clearance poo poo you have a loving interview, where they go over all the questions AGAIN, in person, and it's also very clear that lying on the SF-86 is grounds for perjury.

quote:

Jeffrey F. Bohn, a U.S. immigration officer who lives in Riverview, Florida, sought a security clearance in June 2010 and failed to disclose an alleged sexual relationship with a foreign national on the SF-86. Bohn whet on to avoid disclosing the alleged relationship three more times while being questioned by federal background investigators. Now he faces four charges of lying to the government. He could face up to five years in prison for each charge. More than five years later, his case still is pending.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

AbsolutelySane posted:

Trump's autocorrect has been working so hard it's achieved sentience.
Two things Trump himself will never do.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Data Graham posted:

And Priebus was also seen going into the building at the same time, wasn't he?

For completely unrelated reasons I'm sure.

There was a meeting with Republican donors in Trump Tower at the same time, Priebus was probably at that

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I e-file'd my SF-86 and I can assure you that it is not possible to accidentally hit submit. There are several checks and warnings before you officially send it in. You also do an in-person interview with an FBI agent, your co-workers are interviewed, and your neighbors are interviewed - in person - to verify what you've submitted on your SF-86.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kekekela posted:

These guys realize that in brainstorming sessions you're not supposed to just take the first idea right?

At this point looking even more guilty likely actually helps them because the republicans will protect them endlessly to avoid being dragged down with him.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cool part about the SF-86 is what an absolute monster you look like when all your poo poo is on a single form.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's gonna be so cool when Junior goes to testify before Congress and we get to find out whether the GOP Congressmen care about perjury and contempt of Congress. They don't if it's a Republican.

"We accidentally hit submit before we were done" is so obviously in the mold of "What's a plausible sounding lie that our supporters will immediately comprehend and passes the 'can tell my son-in-law to shut him up in an argument' test?"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is there something like this I don't know off hand.

It's a Matroshka Doll isn't it? The answer is a Matroshka doll.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
When I did my SF-86, I marked that I did not have any debts that were overdue (I forget the wording). I ended up getting interviewed by an FBI agent who was yelling "ARE YOU TRYING TO LIE TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT?!".

Apparently, after I consolidated my student loans, two of the original loans were still showing up on my credit report even though they were paid off by the consolidation. I didn't realize this, and it was cleared up with a simple phone call. I eventually got my clearance.

This was just to drive trucks in the Navy.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there something like this I don't know off hand.

It's a Matroshka Doll isn't it? The answer is a Matroshka doll.

What? How would that be relevant to this at all?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Paracaidas posted:

What? How would that be relevant to this at all?

Isn't the situation we keep opening up a box of poo poo and keep finding more smaller boxes of more putrid poo poo inside?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

Isn't the situation we keep opening up a box of poo poo and keep finding more smaller boxes of more putrid poo poo inside?

:thejoke:

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I am of the belief that if I had omitted any contact with a foreign national, even if it were benign, that I would not have received my clearance and would probably have been charged with a felony. In my opinion, there is no way for Kushner to explain this away. It was intentionally omitted from his SF-86. Jeff Sessions is in the same boat.

Edit: ...and I only have a TS. Kushner most definitely has a Yankee White clearance which is the highest clearance you can have. It has an additional layer of scrutiny added to it, rightfully so.

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Cool part about the SF-86 is what an absolute monster you look like when all your poo poo is on a single form.

Not if you're part of the Trump inner circle.

• Locked thread