Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the DSA boys have a brilliant plan for the 2020 primaries: run the same septuagenarian who lost last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol bernie is going to win you idiots

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the DSA boys have a brilliant plan for the 2020 primaries: run the same septuagenarian who lost last time

Bernie cannot fail he can only be failed

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
we need more bernies

younger bernies

better bernies

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it's friday here in the suck zone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bernie will never win a democratic primary because he is too old and lacking of computer skills to have an informed opinion on the most pressing issue of our time: number of data centers the government should have

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

bernie will never win a democratic primary because he is too old and lacking of computer skills to have an informed opinion on the most pressing issue of our time: number of data centers the government should have

or the ability to organize a national campaign outside of hippies in coffee shops posting on facebook, as was my experience in SE Illinois

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bernie would have won, and bernie will win

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mark zuckerberg will also have a lot of trouble convincing democratic voters, who are notoriously anti-data-center

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zegermans posted:

or the ability to organize a national campaign outside of hippies in coffee shops posting on facebook, as was my experience in SE Illinois

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cut wasteful spending

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"BERNIE'S TOO OLD!"

*I yell as my 71 year old obese president eats KFC at a golf course*

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

consumed by normies posted:

bernie would have won, and bernie will win

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the reason hillary won the primary is because voters fell in love with her steadfast commitment that it is unnecessary to back up records in a federal data center

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 15:30 on Jul 14, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Look at that 💯 boy go.

Serf
May 5, 2011

god drat

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Shear Modulus posted:

the reason hillary won the primary is because voters fell in love with her steadfast commitment that it is unnecessary to back up records in a federal data center

Hillary Clinton got the ICP vote when she though magnets worked like cloths.

loving miracles, man

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreylad posted:

bernie should probably not run in 2020

Hopefully he won't have to, but if the Dems can't get their head out of their rear end I hope he runs, wins, and shoves single-payer down clinton's throat.

Serf
May 5, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Hopefully he won't have to, but if the Dems can't get their head out of their rear end I hope he runs, wins, and shoves single-payer down clinton's throat.

change "clinton" to "america" and this is a statement i can agree with

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
kucinich should run in 2020 so the contest is between whose wife is hotter

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

no one lives in those green counties. I know, I live in one of them. Our entire county had 1200 dem votes in the primary.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Where were you to complain when the DNC boys had the brilliant plan to run the same septuagenarian who lost last time.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Don't worry Hillarymen in need of validation and Bernie Bros in need of a laugh, the loving Brookings Institution is here to let you know that the party that controls goverment at every level is extremely weak and about to collapse.

https://medium.com/@Brookings/republicans-are-victims-of-a-discredited-economic-ideology-11cb2f744e75

quote:

Republicans have become trapped in their own rhetoric, crafted during years of being in opposition. As Ross Douthat noted in a recent New York Times column, drawing on new analysis in a report by Lee Drutman, that rhetoric is now well to the right of the beliefs held by the broader Republican electorate. Republican leaders have failed to recognize the fact that the economic views of those who voted Republican in 2016 “lean only slightly to the right.” Republicans could have used the Trump election to effect a political realignment — one that would have combined a more moderate set of economic policies than the Republican elite currently supports with a more moderate set of cultural positions than those espoused by leading Democrats.

Instead, the Republican elites are now out-of-step with their followers and could pay a big political price if they continue down their current path. Where are the new ideas that might free them and us from our current impasse? Are there ideas that might even command some bipartisan support and help to move the country in a more pragmatic and centrist direction?

The answer is always centrism.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

It's his turn

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Where were you to complain when the DNC boys had the brilliant plan to run the same septuagenarian who lost last time.

she's a sexagenarian (nice)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muppets On PCP posted:

kucinich should run in 2020 so the contest is between whose wife is hotter

If we're going by hot spouses, Tulsi's husband is a lil looker :wink:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wow check out all these states that hillary won

that didn't vote for her in the GE

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As a resident of the midwest i approve of the use of corn colors

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

change "clinton" to "america" and this is a statement i can agree with
Should we not be specific when we point out who is preventing single payer from happening? It's not "America."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Frijolero posted:

If we're going by hot spouses, Tulsi's husband is a lil looker :wink:

Nice of them to cosplay as Sunni ethnic cleansing victims

Serf
May 5, 2011

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Should we not be specific when we point out who is preventing single payer from happening? It's not "America."

it doesn't help with the accusations of an unhealthy obsession with clinton/the clintons. there's lots more people than them who oppose progressive stuff.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

wow check out all these states that hillary won

that didn't vote for her in the GE

maybe if they weighted those votes somehow to better reflect their lack of desirability. Maybe make them count about 60%?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

zegermans posted:

maybe if they weighted those votes somehow to better reflect their lack of desirability. Maybe make them count about 60%?

bad zegermans, bad

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

bad zegermans, bad

Sorry. "southern black votes that cost Bernie the nomination shouldn't count" is one of my biggest triggers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

zegermans posted:

Sorry. "southern black votes that cost Bernie the nomination shouldn't count" is one of my biggest triggers

I get it my man, but you got there yourself and I didn't see that in the original post.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

I get it my man, but you got there yourself and I didn't see that in the original post.

projecting racism onto other people is part of the zegermans #brand

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

what else could that post have possibly meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

well i mean, why should it count, what are they gonna do if they dont like the candidate, vote republican?

• Locked thread