Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Teemu Pokemon posted:

65-80 catches is like 650-950 yards and 6-9(+ with Rodgers??) scores when comparing Bennett's career numbers, and those Packers TE stats show that their TEs will see ~95 targets, and if they have a legit TE1, he can expect like 85% of that target share. What about Bennett's talent, quarterback, or complementary weapons, make you think he can't turn 75 targets (75% of 90 total TE targets) into 157 points (60 catches for 670 yards and 5 TDs, aka his average the last 5 years with 4 of those getting the ball from Eli and Cutler), which would've made him TE11 last year. Obviously matching Kelce's numbers is hyperbole unless the Packers actually really do use the TE (lol) but at whatever he's going, I'll take a TE10 floor over spending a top-60 pick on a TE 105 out of 100 times especially when Alex Smith is throwing one of them the ball capping his ceiling from locked and loaded TE1 to "just another good TE you will draft too high at the expense of the rest of your team" goddamn I thought we weren't talking about this

Oooor you can wait until like round 11 to pick up your TE and let all your fantasy dreams get Doyled again.

EDIT: Also I'm all in on Tyreek Hill (in dynasty... what's his redraft ADP?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I had Jason Witten last year who was a solid TE11, cost absolutely no draft capital, and looked really fuckin good when I had the DeMarco Murray I drafted with a mid round pick that I could've totally used on a TE who would've obviously also carried me to two separate finals

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kelce is going at ADP 32.5 (3rd) and Walker, Bennett, and Henry are going at 88, 92.5 (8th) & 99 (9th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiGIQrt1IaE

e: ebron's going in the 11th where my spoeank at

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 14, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just to put my takes where my talk is:

5 over 100 ADP TEs where at least two will be top-12, and one top-10, next year:

156 (13.12) Witten
157 (14.1) Hooper
166 (14.10) Brate
170 (15.2) Polish Hat
178 (15.10) Allen

e: there's also reasonable scenarios that could lead to mostly undrafted Gates/Watson/Davis being solid TE1 options for good stretches of the season

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 14, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm biased against Witten because I feel like he always ends up as TE11 because he'll score the 11th most points every week. Not really a week winner but he is an iron man, which is pretty rare for tight ends.

I am totally on board with guys like Doyle, Brate, and Ebron after the 10th though. I poo poo-talked Ebron last year but this is probably his year. He has made solid incremental progress every year. I still worry about his red zone target share but he'll see plenty of regular targets to be a TE1.

Guys, I think TE might actually be deep this year... :psyboom:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I always have to remind myself that every year there's like four surprise TEs that were completely undrafted in fantasy that finish in the top twelve. Just pick one of them off the waiver wire and you're gold.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

I always have to remind myself that every year there's like four surprise TEs that were completely undrafted in fantasy that finish in the top twelve. Just pick one of them off the waiver wire and you're gold.

4.5, actually, on average :science:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

It's not so much that it's deep, just that the good ones realized that the position is actually trash top to bottom and they've adjusted their output accordingly

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I'm biased against Witten because I feel like he always ends up as TE11 because he'll score the 11th most points every week. Not really a week winner but he is an iron man, which is pretty rare for tight ends.

The thing is though, that the only TE, aside from a full season of Gronk, that is a week winner it's Reed and you're missing like 6 of those weeks minimum so it doesn't make sense (unless you're doing best ball but that totally changes everything)

Like, Kelce is the defacto TE1 if Gronk is hobbled and I'd say there are a good handful of guys around his ADP like Rodgers/Robinson/Allen/Brady/DT who are infinitely more likely to win you any given week

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
<morpheus voice>

What if I told you... all tight ends are bad

And my hot take is Kelce is TE1 but thats because Gronk (1st round) and Reed (3rd/4th) will miss like 6 games a pop

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

<morpheus voice>

What if I told you... all tight ends are bad

And my hot take is Kelce is TE1 but thats because Gronk (1st round) and Reed (3rd/4th) will miss like 6 games a pop

Really going out on a limb predicting last year's TE1 as most likely to be TE1 again :D Actually though Gronk will probably play most of the season and 12ish games from him is probably enough to be TE1.

And Teemu, Bennett is the worst, you know he's terrible, he's a tight end after all. I rest my case.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kelce is TE3 on average behind Gronk and Reed rn so i guess the hotness of my take is how little doubt in my mind it will happen

Edit except asj and this becomes less of a joke by the day

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

And Teemu, Bennett is the worst, you know he's terrible, he's a tight end after all. I rest my case.

fuckin QED

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Bennett has been a top 5 TE the past few years every year with different QBs, different teams. Great ones (Brady) and poopy ones (Cutler). But he's on discount every year. I will draft the Black Unicorn and cash in.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The thing is though, that the only TE, aside from a full season of Gronk, that is a week winner it's Reed and you're missing like 6 of those weeks minimum so it doesn't make sense (unless you're doing best ball but that totally changes everything)

Like, Kelce is the defacto TE1 if Gronk is hobbled and I'd say there are a good handful of guys around his ADP like Rodgers/Robinson/Allen/Brady/DT who are infinitely more likely to win you any given week
I'm not meaning like dominant blow-up performances. I'm just thinking relative to my opponents in a 12 team league. If I'm starting a TE that gets me the 11th most points that week, I'm at a disadvantage against someone who started the TE6 or TE9 that week. I just don't think Witten is enough of an asset in my lineup.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Bennett has been a top 5 TE the past few years every year with different QBs, different teams. Great ones (Brady) and poopy ones (Cutler). But he's on discount every year. I will draft the Black Unicorn and cash in.

No he hasn't hth

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I'm not meaning like dominant blow-up performances. I'm just thinking relative to my opponents in a 12 team league. If I'm starting a TE that gets me the 11th most points that week, I'm at a disadvantage against someone who started the TE6 or TE9 that week. I just don't think Witten is enough of an asset in my lineup.

Again, not really, because historically the difference between like TE5-8 and TE9-14 is about 1.5 PPG and not worth the draft capital.

I would say you have a point when it comes to TE1-3/4/5 depending on the year, but a) we already know how I feel about drafting those guys b) There's always one ADP80+ TE that breaks into that club or at least knocks on the door, and since it's already established that 6-14 is effectively the same, I'd rather take a chance and try to hit on that guy, and just make up those <2 ppg elsewhere if I miss and have to start Jason Witten

e: the difference between TE5 (Graham) and TE11 (Witten) last year in full PPR was 2.3 PPG, the difference between Witten and Brate (TE7) was 1.2 PPG

After you get past the Gronk/Kelce/Reed tier, every single TE is pretty much exactly the same relative to ADP and I'm not wasting dart throws at more important positions to hopefully (hopefully is the operative word because TE is so goddamn volatile) lock up an extra maybe 2 points that I could easily find elsewhere if I'm not wasting higher picks on TEs

e2: this is doubly wrong with Witten, because as stated, he's a model of consistency and he's going to get you TE11 pretty much every single week, instead of half the guys in front of him between TE5 and TE10 who will fluctuate any given week between the 3rd and 15th best score

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 14, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thanks for this. 3rd year using them I think, maybe 4th? I've won once.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Also, one of my favorite thing about beersheets is the examples that beer posts on reddit. I figure we could do a whole draft right here and see how the draft turns out. We can use my league's scoring as an example.

12 Team - 0.5 PPR - 1(QB) / 2(RB) / 2(WR) / 1(TE) / 1(RB/WR/TE)

We randomly got the 3rd overall pick. The first 2 picks are David Johnson and Leveon Bell. Who are we taking next? My vote is Zek.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
To veer slightly into low ADP TEs, Baltimore lost 120 TE targets. Is there value in the guys remaining?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Watson is basically going undrafted and he's the #1 guy on my TE-diamond-in-the-rough WW watchlist

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

They lost 120 TE targets but thats because Flacco gets a favorite target and obliterates them with targets (Boldin, Mason) I wouldn't look at the TEs specifically to soak up targets. They'll distribute to Maclin and Woodhead, mostly. The whole TE situation there is a M E S S.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Schefter says "growing sense" that Elliott's gonna get suspend for a couple of games. Grab your McFadden shares now, I guess?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20039505

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

Also, one of my favorite thing about beersheets is the examples that beer posts on reddit. I figure we could do a whole draft right here and see how the draft turns out. We can use my league's scoring as an example.

12 Team - 0.5 PPR - 1(QB) / 2(RB) / 2(WR) / 1(TE) / 1(RB/WR/TE)

We randomly got the 3rd overall pick. The first 2 picks are David Johnson and Leveon Bell. Who are we taking next? My vote is Zek.

Lets debate zeke vs brown. I'll start with brown:
- As close as you can get to a guarantee. Always finishes top 5, rarely misses games. Zeke has this potential suspension looming and DAllas' offensive line is slightly worse

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

They lost 120 TE targets but thats because Flacco gets a favorite target and obliterates them with targets (Boldin, Mason) I wouldn't look at the TEs specifically to soak up targets. They'll distribute to Maclin and Woodhead, mostly. The whole TE situation there is a M E S S.

Yeah, I would expect like 90 targets max, but Watson could turn that into TE9-14 easily if there are red zone looks, and for that price, I'll take that all day. A lot has to break right, but he's got the best shot of any UDFA TE to be that out of nowhere guy, so I'm definitely watching him. I doubt he'll be rostered before like week 3 or 4 so there's plenty of time to let things shake out

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 14, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Crocket Gilmore will be a thing this year. Probably only for dfs purposes though.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Has anybody ever seen an analysis like this but for tight ends? These sort of conversations might be improved if we actually knew how easy it is to replace TE value off the waiver wire. I picked up Jordan Reed for free two years ago an it won me the league, but last year I went late on TE again and streaming was a goddamned wasteland.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lets debate zeke vs brown. I'll start with brown:
- As close as you can get to a guarantee. Always finishes top 5, rarely misses games. Zeke has this potential suspension looming and DAllas' offensive line is slightly worse

The only thing that worries me about Zek is the suspension because losing your 3rd overall pick for X amount games could ruin an entire fantasy season. I think Dallas's defense will make up for the o-line changes. With more talent on the other side of the ball, it should increase touches for zek.

Also, I live in Dallas and have friends in the sports radio industry. They've told me off the record stories of Zek getting caught smoking joints at out-door patio bars. I also literally ran into Zek at a bar where he was carrying a giant bottle of champagne. I was drunk and embarrassed myself by telling "Keep on doing you bro". He just looked at me weird and walked away without saying a word.

I saw Tyron Smith at the same bar last year. That guy is ripped. He's huge and has less than 10% body fat. He was carrying around a whole bottle of Patron.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 14, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

The only thing that worries me about Zek is the suspension because losing your 3rd overall pick for X amount games could ruin an entire fantasy season. I think Dallas's defense will make up for the o-line changes. With more talent on the other side of the ball, it should increase touches for zek.

Also, I live in Dallas and have friends in the sports radio industry. They've told me off the record stories of Zek getting caught smoking joints at out-door patio bars. I also literally ran into Zek at a bar where he was carrying a giant bottle of champagne. I was drunk and embarrassed myself by telling "Keep on doing you bro". He just looked at me weird and walked away without saying a word.

I saw Tyron Smith at the same bar last year. That guy is ripped. He's huge and has less than 10% body fat. He was carrying around a whole bottle of Patron.

I hope you knocked it out of his hands and screamed "I'm counting on you, don't blow it. 3rd overall comes with responsibility!" That's the only way he'll learn

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just got an email from Footballguys. Looks like Zeke might get a short suspension.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

I hope you knocked it out of his hands and screamed "I'm counting on you, don't blow it. 3rd overall comes with responsibility!" That's the only way he'll learn

Zeke suspended 4 games for beating up RisqueBarber.

RisqueBarber: Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the man that's wise!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Breaking news rich athlete consumes alcohol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The NFL is an ongoing experiment in what happens when you give millions of dollars to men in their early 20s, it's kind of hilarious if you think about it.

e. Also this is gonna be Run DMF's breakout year, finally!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Leperflesh posted:

The NFL is an ongoing experiment in what happens when you give millions of dollars to men in their early 20s, it's kind of hilarious if you think about it.

e. Also this is gonna be Run DMF's breakout year, finally!

That experiment has been going on in wall st for years.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

That experiment has been going on in wall st for years.

Yeah but with this one, every one of these young men are in a public spotlight. We get to actually watch it play out in real time!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The first 5-10 minutes of Chris Harris' podcast today is the must he's huffed his farts of all time holy FUCKIN poo poo

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Spoeank posted:

The first 5-10 minutes of Chris Harris' podcast today is the must he's huffed his farts of all time holy FUCKIN poo poo

man, I listened to the previous one (w/ Denny Carter) and wasn't quite so full of hate for Harris, but I just listened to this and the hate is back in full force

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, I don't know how these athletes can consume so much alcohol and still look like Gods amongst men. I can't hardly touch any without it making me fat. Bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Is he a huge KD fan?

• Locked thread