Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Glenn Quebec posted:

What's the difference between a sugarbaby and a prostitute ? From what I gleamed it's the same thing

Sugarbabies are prostitutes working on a longer timeframe. They often end up in situations where they are significantly more financially dependent on their client, and sometimes the client can forget that he's a client. Here's a pretty good collection of articles by sex workers talking about different aspects of sugardaddy arrangements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's basically 24/7 girlfriend experience kayfabe, right? Which does seem pretty dangerous as far as the employer remembering it's all a work.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Good thing that people willing to pay for a "24/7 girlfriend experience" are generally mentally stable and in no way desperate for something more than a financial arrangement.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It's basically 24/7 girlfriend experience kayfabe, right? Which does seem pretty dangerous as far as the employer remembering it's all a work.

Basically, but often with a mistress/side-piece factor included, as most people who actually get these kinds of arrangements are wealthy married men. And not just rich, but wealthy. Like, there's pretty much zero chance anyone posting on r/incels actually makes enough money to have an actual sugarbaby (and they definitely don't make enough money to get anyone to agree to ridiculous demands like wearing a "GoPro so I can be safe in the knowledge she's not loving 20+ Chads").

bloom posted:

Good thing that people willing to pay for a "24/7 girlfriend experience" are generally mentally stable and in no way desperate for something more than a financial arrangement.

Like a lot of sex work stuff, there are good elements that sane people can enjoy, and there are elements that amplify the toxic and patriarchal elements of our culture. Maybe you're a broken creep who needs to use money to exert power over a woman. Maybe you're just rich and and have a wife you've settled into a companionate marriage with after the kids have grown, and you want a hot young woman to take on vacations who'll lick your butthole. It all depends...

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 14, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheKennedys posted:

This sort of compliment should start and end at "Hey, you look great today, did you change something?"

If yes: "That was a great idea, it works on you." Then smile and stop talking, unless the other person gives you a response that encourages further conversation

If no: "Huh, I could have sworn you'd done something different with your hair/makeup/clothes/whatever. Whatever it is, it works." Then smile and stop talking, unless the other person gives you a response that encourages further conversation

as a :siren:FEEEEEEEEEEEMALE:siren: I love it when people notice that my hair looks good or I've got new pants or whatever but ffs if you keep talking and gushing about it after the initial compliment and I've never expressed any romantic or sexual interest in you (and we're not already the sort of friends who can have that kind of conversation) you are going too far and need to shut up

So what you're saying is I usually don't look great? :colbert:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Aren't go-pros still about the size of half a cigarette pack?

From a practicality matter that doesn't seem like a good solution.

pictured: the proposed anti-kleptogamy surveillance system

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

LanceHunter posted:

Sugarbabies are prostitutes working on a longer timeframe. They often end up in situations where they are significantly more financially dependent on their client, and sometimes the client can forget that he's a client. Here's a pretty good collection of articles by sex workers talking about different aspects of sugardaddy arrangements.

If only prostitution was legal, then there would be no way they would still get abused, right? Right??

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My Linux Rig posted:

If only prostitution was legal, then there would be no way they would still get abused, right? Right??

I can tell ur trying to be a shitler with this but i mean it couldn't hurt, because then they could go to the cops or the hooker regulatory agency or whatever? :shrug:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

My Linux Rig posted:

If only marriage was legal, then no married women would ever get abused.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I can tell ur trying to be a shitler with this but i mean it couldn't hurt, because then they could go to the cops or the hooker regulatory agency or whatever? :shrug:

Oh yeah cause women never end up in a situation where they're manipulated into not going to the authorities

I mean, it'd be silly to think a rich client might use his wealth and demands to convince a sex worker to drop all her clients and to be completely dependent on him. That would never happen

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My Linux Rig posted:

Oh yeah cause women never end up in a situation where they're manipulated into not going to the authorities

I mean, it'd be silly to think a rich client might use his wealth and demands to convince a sex worker to drop all her clients and to be completely dependent on him. That would never happen

and there would still be drug abuse, overdoses, and black marketeering if we decriminalized drugs and treated it as a public health issue, so since it won't solve the problem to absolute perfection we should keep it illegal? mister i don't like what ur sellin'

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

lazorexplosion posted:

just a normal brown chad log.

This is by far the funniest thing that's been posted this whole thread and not a single one of you are talking about it. This person measures their health by their perception of what a Chad craps. Like, what? Really?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

This is by far the funniest thing that's been posted this whole thread and not a single one of you are talking about it. This person measures their health by their perception of what a Chad craps. Like, what? Really?

i wanted to believe that one was fake but am growing to feel this barrel has no bottom

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Fake? Honestly, when an entire community's world view is complete bullshit anyway who cares.

Most of this poo poo is probably fake but it's still quite hilarious.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

and there would still be drug abuse, overdoses, and black marketeering if we decriminalized drugs and treated it as a public health issue, so since it won't solve the problem to absolute perfection we should keep it illegal? mister i don't like what ur sellin'

Yo I am 100% in favor of legalizing sex work in theory but imagine how it would go down now (in the US, anyway). Too many police have weird brain problems and take it out on citizens. Sex work is still massively stigmatized. If we legalize it any time soon, there will have to be a ton of oversight, just to keep the body count down.

quote:

e true bottom of the barrel incel has mastered LDAR so well that he's staring at a white wall as we speak. He hasn't showered or brushed his teeth in months, doesn't keep up with current world events, and isn't filled with anger or jealousy since all those emotions already died, he's dead inside. He doesn't even suicide because it takes too much effort.

He doesn't try looksmaxing since he's enlightened by no longer coping. It doesn't matter if he's currycel, heightcel, facecel, autismcel, all that matters is the efficiency of rotting.

The only time his neurons fire is when he smells mold under his rotting leftover food; even inanimate objects are superior to him in rotting. He scrapes the mold off the food and places it on his stomach to speed up the rotting process even though that doesn't work, but he doesn't know, he's given up on thinking since knowledge is a cope. Education is a cope.

Sometimes while eating fast food, the highlight of his life, while browsing this subreddit without a reddit account since reddit accounts are cope, he reads something that resonates with his dead heart, and he mutters "heh."

Heh

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Zil posted:

Kind of want to direct this guy to r/Incel and watch the idiots fight it out.

The best thing about this is they misspelled ignorant.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Literally A Person posted:

Fake? Honestly, when an entire community's world view is complete bullshit anyway who cares.

Most of this poo poo is probably fake but it's still quite hilarious.

If they're fake they are insanely dedicated and have been at it for years and exclusively post in r/incel and r/incel adjacent reddit boards.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

i chortled irl at normal brown chad log

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Chads log stardate 69.69...

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Hollismason posted:

The best thing about this is they misspelled ignorant.

this ones pretty obviously a joke

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

fruit on the bottom posted:

So what you're saying is I usually don't look great? :colbert:

GOD, learn to take a compliment :colbert:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Zil posted:

Kind of want to direct this guy to r/Incel and watch the idiots fight it out.

I know it's a joke, but I want to point out that the katana is White Knight's FIRST resort.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Anytime I hear or read the word female, used in that context, I have loud mental klaxons go off.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

What's the difference between a sugarbaby and a prostitute ? From what I gleamed it's the same thing

A prostitute doesn't have any illusions about the nobility of her profession

kopiko
May 8, 2011

Is the incel obsession with katanas supposed to be ironic? Anyone who knows anything about Japanese history should be aware that the samurai were literally the chads of feudal Japan.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Yeah, if anything, they should be using old medieval swords that are more indicative of "chivalry".

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

I know it's a joke, but I want to point out that the katana is White Knight's FIRST resort.

Actually they would have used a lance or arming sword

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, if anything, they should be using old medieval swords that are more indicative of "chivalry".

Not weeaboo enough.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
"My life would be so much better in [location] and [arbitrary point in history]" is a pretty common theme with these sort of people. In reality they'd just be complaining about those Chad knights/samurai/legionnaires riding into town and banging the peasant girl they've been creepily staring at for years.

Same thing with anyone who romanticizes the past, even if it's for less weirdo reasons. Most of history sucked for most of the people alive at the time.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Zil posted:

Not weeaboo enough.

Not if you tell them it was forged by some elves.

kopiko
May 8, 2011

bloom posted:

"My life would be so much better in [location] and [arbitrary point in history]" is a pretty common theme with these sort of people. In reality they'd just be complaining about those Chad knights/samurai/legionnaires riding into town and banging the peasant girl they've been creepily staring at for years.

Same thing with anyone who romanticizes the past, even if it's for less weirdo reasons. Most of history sucked for most of the people alive at the time.

Also, in this time period actually threatening someone with a sword doesn't lead to a valiant and noble duel in the cause of righteousness. It's more likely the cops show up and you get tazered.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

mojo1701a posted:

Make it virgin female elven smiths and you just might have something.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

kopiko posted:

Also, in this time period actually threatening someone with a sword doesn't lead to a valiant and noble duel in the cause of righteousness. It's more likely the cops show up and you get tazered.

at some other point in history they would be dirt grubbers run through for forgetting their station

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Zil posted:

Make it virgin female elven smiths and you just might have something.

elves are basically used up by age 110.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

My Linux Rig posted:

Sounds like a good reason for the state to keep punishing them and offering no protections whatsoever. Good critical thinking skills. I am convinced.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

mojo1701a posted:

*a crying incel on his knees in the rain, cradling with shattered sword*
"Even my katana...was forged...by chads..."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

poisonpill posted:

*a crying incel on his knees in the rain, cradling with shattered sword*
"Even my katana...was forged...by chads..."

I'm imagining an Incel's ultimate nightmare is not unlike this Simpsons clip, except it's "Chad. Chad. Chad." everywhere.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

bloom posted:

By virtue of having a bed, running water, sewage and climate control, I have a far better life as a middle lower class peasant than the most powerful rulers in history. And by virtue of living in a 1st world country, I have a better life than over 60% of the people alive today. And that's not even getting into the godhood bestowed by computers.

Anyone thinking they would have a better life, even in the fairly recent past, either knows nothing of the past or truly has no perspective. But, I guess if incels had perspective, they wouldn't be incels.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Roflan posted:

By virtue of having a bed, running water, sewage and climate control, I have a far better life as a middle lower class peasant than the most powerful rulers in history. And by virtue of living in a 1st world country, I have a better life than over 60% of the people alive today. And that's not even getting into the godhood bestowed by computers.

Anyone thinking they would have a better life, even in the fairly recent past, either knows nothing of the past or truly has no perspective. But, I guess if incels had perspective, they wouldn't be incels.

I would obviously be a knight or samurai or perhaps even a gladiator depending on how far back you sent me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would assuredly be dead.

• Locked thread