Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Eventually they would face a killer so crafty that Freddy has to resort to Auntie Moon's physic abilities for clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
The episode where the perp has murdered his father and raped his mother is a two-parter.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

imagine if NBC teased a new show- no promotional material or trailer, just a 10 second frame of a title card that just read

Maris
Coming soon...

hoyl poo poo, I just imagined this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It would be groundbreaking. A television show where the main character never shows up!

Wait, MASH. Dr. Mash never showed up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

It would be groundbreaking. A television show where the main character never shows up!

Wait, MASH. Dr. Mash never showed up.

Mash sucked though

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Niles is convicted of some white collar crime, but Freddy makes a deal where he is forced to be the custodian at the police station instead of going to jail.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'd watch this. Call it Five Whites At Freddy's

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i like that they stuck with the maris is never seen bit, especially given the fiaso that is the niles and daphne marriage

which i could actually handle if it wubbmnt fer me grammmy mooon!!!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Solice Kirsk posted:

OK, you guys start writing it. I have a producer friend at NBC! We could get this off the ground! This could be the best goon project of all time!

i'll write the show bible. it's wiki-based

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Frasier: I have to get back to surgery
Niles: Well Frasier, it seems like you're a regular Steamboat Willy
Frasier: Nikes how dare you can't you see I'm very busy
Martin: My boys look at my boys
Frasier: Yes dad do jut in
Martin: All I'm saying is I'm happy you're doing well is all where is my scotch daphne
Daphne: right where you left it you motherfucker
Frasier: Well if you'll excuse me I have to transplant a mans heart to his brain ok on the radio I'm very busy
Niles: Au revoir
The dog: <(.-.-.)>

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Mash sucked though

:getout:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still hope for a Frasier spin off where Freddy grew up to be a cop like his grandfather and Niles and Frasier give him poo poo because he's a genius that wanted to be a cop.

Carpet posted:

but he then brings his father in to help with psycho-analysing the criminals...

And the name of that show? The Crane Boys' Mysteries

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is good and true.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CoffeeBooze posted:

I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out, but what 90s sitcom is it that rhemes with "Choose Gacy, yo!"?

Newsradio. But it wasn't this bastion of brave themes and vibrant character development that I made it out to be, it was just funny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Newsradio. But it wasn't this bastion of brave themes and vibrant character development that I made it out to be, it was just funny.

Holy gently caress you must've gotten your rear end kicked when you started Poetry in English 101

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Calaveron posted:

Holy gently caress you must've gotten your rear end kicked when you started Poetry in English 101

Blues lady woe?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Much better!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I frequently relax after a long day at work by watching my favorite television program Newsracyio

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Wtf, not even close man. Stick to free verse.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

:aaa:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Wtf, not even close man. Stick to free verse.

Now, now, this is a Glacier thread.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

And I should know - I'm Frajier.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
"I know who can fix your car Frasier... the man in the high castle!"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BIG MEATY SHITS is the 2017 answer to RAPE STINK

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Just watched s6e10, wherein the Cranes try to pretend to be jews lmbo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

Just watched s6e10, wherein the Cranes try to pretend to be jews lmbo

IIRC the stuff read out during Freddy's bar mitzvah is authentic and even correct for the bar mitzvah specifically and not just "generic Hebrew prayers" which was somewhat impressive for a show that old

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

IIRC the stuff read out during Freddy's bar mitzvah is authentic and even correct for the bar mitzvah specifically and not just "generic Hebrew prayers" which was somewhat impressive for a show that old

That was Klingon dude.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
No I get what he's saying, but it's the wrong episode. The one where they pretended to be Jewish was a Christmas episode. My favorite gag from that one is how they try to train Marty to act Jewish by "answering every question with a question" but he doesn't really get it. Then later on at some point, after some line of dialog he just adds ".....did I?"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah that episode is actually "Mort Goldman" levels of racist but because the race is Jewish I guess no one at the studio gave a poo poo, or it was the end of the 90's and maybe so many of the writers and cast were Jewish so no one gave a poo poo, maybe?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

That was Klingon dude.

different episode

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I just saw the intro to Happiness and holy crow it is odd seeing Mel behaving as a real human

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kelp Me! posted:

different episode

Was that an accurate Klingon Bar Mitzvah?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

different episode

Frasier speaks Klingon at Freddy's bar mitzvah which is what I was responding to. I think everyone else is talking about when he first meets Fay and they dump sugar into the wine to make it Jewish and Niles just lights it up with Yiddish.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frasier speaks Klingon at Freddy's bar mitzvah which is what I was responding to. I think everyone else is talking about when he first meets Fay and they dump sugar into the wine to make it Jewish and Niles just lights it up with Yiddish.

I must have slept through that one. I'll have to go back for the Niles Yiddish Explosion.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

I must have slept through that one. I'll have to go back for the Niles Yiddish Explosion.

Season 6 Episode 10: Merry Christmas Mrs. Moskowitz

Just rolled through it on my new watch through!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh, thanks very much. What a mensch!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'm one of those bad replacement producers that's sleeping the whole time or putting the wrong calls through

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm not clear how I feel about the Moskowitz episode (aside from the fact that it was funny). There was a several minute long segment that was nothing but laughing at them pretending to be Jewish, but at the same time, it didn't feel like it preyed on any harmful stereotypes. It felt more like it was finding humor in seeing such a WASPy set of characters suddenly adopting a different culture's mannerisms. You weren't laughing at jews, nor were you laughing at how jews behaved. Instead, you were laughing at characters doing something they don't normally do.

The counterpoint, I suppose, is if it had been an African-American family it may have come across as remarkably racist? Although characters pretending to be a race is stereotyping, whereas the Moskowitz was about pretending to fit into a culture, which is a noted difference.

I don't know. I like to think I'm fairly sensitive to shows doing that type of thing (see: Chandler and his father in Friends), and it didn't set off any alarm bells for me.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm not clear how I feel about the Moskowitz episode (aside from the fact that it was funny). There was a several minute long segment that was nothing but laughing at them pretending to be Jewish, but at the same time, it didn't feel like it preyed on any harmful stereotypes. It felt more like it was finding humor in seeing such a WASPy set of characters suddenly adopting a different culture's mannerisms. You weren't laughing at jews, nor were you laughing at how jews behaved. Instead, you were laughing at characters doing something they don't normally do.

The counterpoint, I suppose, is if it had been an African-American family it may have come across as remarkably racist? Although characters pretending to be a race is stereotyping, whereas the Moskowitz was about pretending to fit into a culture, which is a noted difference.

I don't know. I like to think I'm fairly sensitive to shows doing that type of thing (see: Chandler and his father in Friends), and it didn't set off any alarm bells for me.

Yeah, the humour itself was "How do WASPs pretend they're Jewish?" like when Niles keeps saying, "L'Chaim! Mazel tov!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
information wants to be free

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/862826137755373568