Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

I really like the orange undersuit bits on this guy, and the metal plating on the legs as well!

EDIT: I think the new dread would be much improved by leaving off the front plate so you can see the entire sarcophagus. I'm pretty sure I remember reading about someone talking to GW about this and them confirming that you can assemble it without the front plate.

Yeah from that higher angle I am less excited. Should be interesting to see what it does though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't hate this?

The crotch area looks a bit bulky, but I like the design keeping to the old boxy dreads but making it taller and giving it greater reach.

These leave me really cold, which is a shame because I'm fuckin' Dreadnought Fan #1 usually.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Looks good for conversion bits.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ha, read the article and I didn't realise James Karch was the Studio Manager up there now. Used to be a regular at Spiky Club in Reading, he's a fantastic painter and a good dude. I remember playing him at a tourney in Portsmouth once and he realised the guy on the next table over was the same one who'd been giving the organiser poo poo on Warseer over something ridiculous, I think to do with the old rankings website. Gave the lad a right bollocking for being such a pain about it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Finished up another batch of Deathwatch!

First up are two Captains:

Alternate loadout:

Then a pair of Blackshields

And finally a Kill Team:

The Frag Cannons are from Anvil Industries, and I think the Dark Angel successor dude might be the first model from Dark Vengeance that I've painted, despite owning it for almost 5 years now.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't hate this?

The crotch area looks a bit bulky, but I like the design keeping to the old boxy dreads but making it taller and giving it greater reach.

I'm seeing some overlap with our own goon caster and model maker. Possibly a dong-bot copyright infringement?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Great work MSP. Deathwatch are so cool and I love the 2nd edition Ultramarine hanging out in there.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Just finished Uriel Ventris and the first few of the Swords of Calth, with a MkX upgrade of course:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Finished up another batch of Deathwatch!

First up are two Captains:

Alternate loadout:

Then a pair of Blackshields

And finally a Kill Team:

The Frag Cannons are from Anvil Industries, and I think the Dark Angel successor dude might be the first model from Dark Vengeance that I've painted, despite owning it for almost 5 years now.

These are awesome! I really like the work you've done on the bases, and I second the love for the 2nd edition plastic marine in the bunch.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I see you over there, I Love My Bolter Marine. Nice job on these guys all around, I was wondering why you were asking for my Ultras recipe!

ToyotaThong posted:

I was thinking you'd like them.

You guys still need pics of old, poorly painted minis for the Badcast?
Have a couple of mine.

We can always use more! Man the old metal landspeeders were goofy.

Agentdark posted:

What are people making roughriders out of? Scout Bikes? Brettonians?

Scout bikes is common, as are the Empire Outriders/Pistoliers:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Empire-Pistoliers

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Didn't someone use Cold Ones for Rough Riders mounts? I feel like that's what I'd do if I had Guard.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just finished Uriel Ventris and the first few of the Swords of Calth, with a MkX upgrade of course:

These look so good. The contrast of the green with the blue, especially the banners, looks really good. Good job on the bases too!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Those Ultras are sweet but did you actually buy that Primaris captain for £22.50 or $35 or whatever it was

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Zuul the Cat posted:

These look so good. The contrast of the green with the blue, especially the banners, looks really good. Good job on the bases too!

Thank you!

Corrode posted:

Those Ultras are sweet but did you actually buy that Primaris captain for £22.50 or $35 or whatever it was

Worse, I bought him AND the Librarian. (Thanks!)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Agentdark posted:

Old Tallarns and Mutant Raider mounts from GorkaMorka:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Didn't someone use Cold Ones for Rough Riders mounts? I feel like that's what I'd do if I had Guard.

I might be doing something with this. Got an eye out for some alternatives as well, but the modern fantasy cold ones (now sold as Drakspawn Knights) are pretty cool.

Felime posted:

drat... No wonder Marines kinda suck if chapter tactics are supposed to be that good.

Yeah that really took me aback. At least it's not vehicles (beside dreadnoughts) is what I'm reading from that article. Still a very strong ability.

Toyota Thong, that seems like an interesting list, thanks. Do you find that so many 4-man command squads work for you, with no transports to get them around safely? Most opponents I've played are surprisingly willing to shoot into larger squads and kill disposable las gun carriers, but if they focus on he firepower units my guard start to decline in effectiveness a lot faster. This command squads will get taken out pretty fast if your opponent starts targeting them.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Worse, I bought him AND the Librarian. (Thanks!)

You are a sucker but at least you're a sucker with some great-looking models.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Speaking of rough riders, I bought a bunch of the warlord games biker sprues when they had their sprue sale, and I'm thinking of using them for bikers.(worked out to ~$3 a bike) Does anyone have any tips for legs? I'm probably going to mangle some cadian legs and repose them, but figuring out how to get the groin to fit well is stalling me a bit.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't hate this?

The crotch area looks a bit bulky (...)

Hey, Battle-brother Priaprus was a noble and valiant hero who just happened to have a medical condition.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
A tragic and heretofore unknown flaw in the Ultramarines geneseed causes some ancient battle brothers to have elephantitis of the balls.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of disappointed that the new fatnaught's only T7. T8 is a pretty big threshold and I figured something like that would qualify.

Oh well, I guess the Leviathan is the one true fatnaught. :swoon:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

They're very nice, but I am afraid that I cannot in good faith endorse the use of Urinal Ventris. Those books sucked arse.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Played a small game against my friends Grey Knights, I assumed I was going to win since he only had 2 termie units, a dread knight, and Draigo and I had a bunch of plasma.

Highlights include Draigo comically falling behind his troops as they had successful charges and he failed.
Both of my Razorbacks exploding, one dealing 1d3 mortal wounds to everything on the table besides Draigo (he failed a charge and was too far away).
And me foolishly charging a 2 wounds remaining dreadnight with a Librarian and getting toasted by his flamer weapons.

He tabled me turn 3, but it wasn't as one sided as that makes it sound. In retrospect I should have left my captain with the plasma cannons so they could have overcharged every turn. I am just so used to people killing them all turn one I didn't think to support them. I also got my captain killed doing a heroic intervention in a dumb way, thinking he could go toe to toe with some grey knights in close combat was foolish, should have kept him back out of combat. Good game though and my friends Grey Knights look great on our Ice Board.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Agentdark posted:

I'm using scout bikes with all the fenders /armor bits trimmed off, cadian bodies and arms from a heavy weapons squad, spears and hands from chaos marauders. Heads are a mix of cadians, scions, and some maruaders.

Also special weapons came from old sternguard/mkiv marine spruces I had lying around.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Battle Report

Man, that terrain (especially the big installation built over the rock) looks amazing. Sorry you got wrecked! It's actually quite impressive for such a small army to do that. He must have had every unit doing loving work.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Maybe you guys go check itunes or something today. Maybe you find something you like. Maybe you don't.

You won't know until you go check.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
30k is getting a new toy, so you guys will probably get access to one sooner or later.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's too busy and that big gun is holding on by a straw.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?
So, I uh, did a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-w_5yxbVmY

I just need to make the light fixture (more or less) permanent, and find some way to fit the music *inside* the Rhino. . . :v:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

30k is getting a new toy, so you guys will probably get access to one sooner or later.

There are already rules for it in the FW Astartes Index. Relic Sicaran Punisher.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

I just need to make the light fixture (more or less) permanent, and find some way to fit the music *inside* the Rhino. . . :v:
You put the door on backwards.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

Maybe you guys go check itunes or something today. Maybe you find something you like. Maybe you don't.

You won't know until you go check.

Yessss. There's my trip home!

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

Safety Factor posted:

You put the door on backwards.

That would explain why it never closed properly: it was my first Rhino. My second and 3rd Rhinos are 2nd-hand, one doesn't have a back-door, the other has its door glued shut.

I also found one of my brother's 2nd edition Rhinos, which is a baby compared to the newer ones.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Genghis Cohen posted:

Man, that terrain (especially the big installation built over the rock) looks amazing. Sorry you got wrecked! It's actually quite impressive for such a small army to do that. He must have had every unit doing loving work.

Thanks, that piece took me awhile to make but is a great center piece. It is huge and can block a lot of the board. Once I play a few more games of 8th I am going to write up a bunch of rules for my terrain as GW decided general terrain rules were much to complicated and gummed up the game too much. I'm not salty at all that I spent dozen of hours making hills that now RAW do nothing...

Yea I was also suprised I got tabled. But he got off everyone of his mini smites but the one i was able to deny. Draigo also allows them all to re roll all to hit rolls, so he was pumping out 4 bolter shots with each of his dudes and hitting almost all of them.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

:black101::pcgaming::black101::pcgaming:

Fuckig glorious.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

:krad:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They're very nice, but I am afraid that I cannot in good faith endorse the use of Urinal Ventris. Those books sucked arse.

My favorite part was where he rides in a spooky demon train and crosses vast amounts of space. Or maybe when said character is trusted to be put in charge again.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

gently caress yes dude. DANCE THE DANCE OF SLAUGHTER!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

I'll take five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The thought occurs, if an ultramarines dread falls back out of combat and fires isnt its main gun going to be at a -2 modifier?

Xarlaxas posted:

So, I uh, did a thing:

This is amazing, bravo sir.